Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 1st - Autumn is certainly coming to Catshill Junction... October 2, 2014
- October 1st - Spotted this bike on the train today. It’s a... October 2, 2014
- September 30th - These guys crease me up. Often on my way home,... October 2, 2014
- September 30th - Once you get used to the idea (and it does take... October 1, 2014
- September 29th - I’d nipped into Birmingham on what seemed... October 1, 2014
- September 28th - On a decaying tree stump near the canal just by... September 29, 2014
- September 28th - Up on the Chase on a balmy, sunny afternoon... September 29, 2014
- September 27th - Having visited the farm shop, returned via... September 28, 2014
- September 27th - Spotted as I was passing in Flats Lane,... September 28, 2014
- Septemver 27th - I’ve been passing this odd, low... September 28, 2014
- September 26th - Another great sky as I nipped down into... September 27, 2014
- September 26th - I nipped over to Burntwood to get some shopping... September 27, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Anybody lost a pair of Labradors?
- Meanwhile, over in Brownhills West...
- What lies beneath
- Your invitation to... An Evening with Gordon Banks QBE
- Oy'll save ya, bab...
- Going down a bomb
- Have you just lost a pair of dogs in Brownhills?
- It's a special occasion - get on your Sunday best!
- The mystery of The Lost Stonnall Hoard
- 1,704,227 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @geeoharee: 'paedo panic' is one of the scariest UK media tropes twitter.com/UK_Database_CS… 1 hour ago
- Daily Mail writes piece on the terrible poverty of 40 years ago that it denied existed to deny today's poverty. Wankers. 2 hours ago
- Heard outside 'He's not well. He's got his arse in his hands' 'no different to usual, then' 2 hours ago
- RT @tim2040: To my deep shame, I have no sense of who I am as a brand. Pray for me. http://t.co/32EY8Kk8rL 2 hours ago
- Shit Lydsey de Paul dead. Sad. 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Our House
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Southern Cross
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Suite: Judy Blue Eyes
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Cathedral
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – I Give You Give Blind
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Change Partners
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Pre-Road Downs
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Love the One You're With
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – To The Last Whale: Critical Mass / Wind On The Water
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Shadow Captain
- Chasewater Strollers October 6, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers October 13, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers October 20, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Cine film
I have something remarkable coming up on the blog tomorrow, a film I’ve been tracking down for a while, and thanks to the immense generosity and kindness of local history stalwarts Brian ‘Clayhanger Kid’ Stringer and the Young David Evans, I can present it here on the net for the community to share and debate.
Here’s a quick fun series of videos that amused me greatly, found by top reader and local history ferret [Howmuch?] showing Birmingham just as everything was changing in the postwar era. I think everyone who knew the 1960s redevelopment of Birmingham – now long consigned to history – will raise a wry smile at these clips.
Continue reading →
Over on the Pigblog, the Stymaster continues his painstaking and wonderful mission to preserve his late father’s collection of photographic and cine film ephemera from the seventies. I’ve already pointed out the posts covering Stubbers Green, a video of Chasewater … Continue reading →
Over at the Pigblog, the Stymaster is currently working his way through a whole shedload of old slides and cine film that were taken by, and belonged to, his old man. Initial results are fescinating and fit well into the … Continue reading →