Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 28th - On a decaying tree stump near the canal just by... September 29, 2014
- September 28th - Up on the Chase on a balmy, sunny afternoon... September 29, 2014
- September 27th - Having visited the farm shop, returned via... September 28, 2014
- September 27th - Spotted as I was passing in Flats Lane,... September 28, 2014
- Septemver 27th - I’ve been passing this odd, low... September 28, 2014
- September 26th - Another great sky as I nipped down into... September 27, 2014
- September 26th - I nipped over to Burntwood to get some shopping... September 27, 2014
- September 25th - I spotted this by change in Butlers Passage,... September 27, 2014
- September 25th - Spotted in darkest Wednesbury whilst nipping... September 27, 2014
- Setember 24th - My return from Walsall an hour or so later was... September 27, 2014
- September 24th - I had to nip over to Droitwich late in the... September 27, 2014
- September 23rd - Labouring up Shire Oak Hill at Sandhills, a... September 23, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Men of the underground
- Oy'll save ya, bab...
- Going down a bomb
- What lies beneath
- The lights that shone bright in the Blackout
- Woodmen pipped by Coleshill Town
- It's a special occasion - get on your Sunday best!
- Serious accident between car and horse drawn cart near Stonnall
- Signs of life
- Working in a coal mine...
- 1,701,714 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @Mudjokivis: We want extremists to 1) be driven under cover where they can't be spotted 2) use social media where they can be spotted ID… 38 minutes ago
- RT @TheMediaTweets: What a typo! "Crows" should have an apostrophe... http://t.co/t0sx2SdmnG ...weird tweet though (via @ShaunGoodwin96). 46 minutes ago
- RT @LewesPeasant: I don't oft drynk mydweeke but thys eve I am in myne cuppes. I hope if naught else it heralds sleepe. Wyth snoryng. I nee… 47 minutes ago
- RT @LewesPeasant: A conker dydst just falle uppnne my head wyth such force thatte I canne say wyth certaynty I dydst feyr I was beyng mugge… 52 minutes ago
- RT @BigAshleyKahuna: @Wytchfinder_Gen Tiz true http://t.co/pv1LngO2sZ 55 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young – Medley: The Loner, Cinnamon Girl, Down By The River [Live LP Version from Four-Way Street]
- Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young – Black Queen [Live LP Version from Four-Way Street]
- Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young – Laughing [Live LP Version from Four-Way Street]
- Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young – King Midas In Reverse [Live LP Version from Four-Way Street]
- Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young – Love The One You're With [Live LP Version from Four-Way Street]
- Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young – 49 Bye-Byes / America's Children [Live LP Version from Four-Way Street]
- Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young – Don't Let It Bring You Down [Live LP Version from Four-Way Street]
- Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young – Cowgirl In The Sand [Live LP Version from Four-Way Street]
- Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young – Right Between The Eyes [Live LP Version from Four-Way Street]
- Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young – Chicago [Live LP Version from Four-Way Street]
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: Christmas
In recognition of the day, the Young David Evans sent me some rather wonderful photos a couple of days ago – as readers will know, David has a particular interest in the wars in Europe, and has strong connections to Messines and the place where the celebrated First World War Christmas truce and football match is believed to have started.
I’ll keep this brief, as I know there are folk in Short Heath suffering in quiet, restrained dignity as they haven’t had their Liberal Democrat Focus news sheets this week due to the inclement weather – please spare a thought for those less fortunate souls this Christmas.
Continue reading →
Top Walsall Council bod Kate Goodall contacted me to ask if I could plug the Christmas Carol Concert at Walsall Arboretum -it is to be held in the beautifully refurbished bandstand tomorrow, Saturday 21st December 2013, from 1:00pm to 2:00pm.
This is a headsup for everyone in the local area – this week, some refuse bin collection days change hereabouts – a full calendar leaflet can be downloaded from Walsall Council’s website, but here’s how it works for local readers.
Thanks to readers John Preece and Wendy McGreevy, I can share the following event with readers – it’s an interesting one, and looks fun – it could be just the thing to perk the kids up on a dull Sunday Afternoon – why pop along?
Here’s a chance to get into the Christmas spirit this Sunday, 1st December 2013 – there’s a Christmas Fayre being held at Chasewater Innovation Centre – at the same time, you can check out the Santa Specials at Chasewater Steam Railway, and take a wander around the lake which is now full and teeming with wildlife once more.
Continue reading →
Thanks to long time reader Caz, I can share news of the above event with readers – it looks like a fine thing indeed.
Continue reading →