Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 18th - From the Indian, back to the Indian summer.... September 19, 2014
- September 18th - Ah, Walsall. In how many ways to I love thee? I... September 19, 2014
- September 17th - Recently on Facebook there was some concern... September 19, 2014
- September 17th - The Indian summer continues. It’s very... September 19, 2014
- September 16th - We’re in a real Indian summer at the... September 16, 2014
- September 16th - There’s a shop opened up in the former... September 16, 2014
- stevieboy378: Total silence, apart from the birdsong. This... September 16, 2014
- September 15th - Returning to Birmingham via Snow Hill station,... September 15, 2014
- September 15th - I spent the afternoon in Droitwich. This piece... September 15, 2014
- September 14th - Back up on Cannock Chase for the first time in... September 15, 2014
- September 14th - The boating lake at Chasewater has been drained... September 15, 2014
- September 13th - I whizzed up to Walsall Wood in the morning on... September 13, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Rare black swan seen at Chasewater
- Brownhills police station set to close
- Urgent - Have you lost a Rottweiler dog on the Hussey Estate?
- Cyclist hurt in Brownhills incident
- Scouting out the history
- Walsall Wood let it Lye
- What's this stuff about, then?
- Brownhills Police Safety House open to the public this Monday
- Ravens Court - Something is happening, but what?
- Weighing Anchor
- 1,678,699 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @PlashingVole: Our @PaulUppalMP forgot to mention this: here, 9.3% of 18-24 year-olds claim JSA - highest in England, over double the na… 2 minutes ago
- RT @distinctlybc: .@TamePPF & @AboveBritain this weeks #blackcountryalphabet is James Bridge Copper Works! ow.ly/i/6SEok https://t… 2 minutes ago
- Utter bollocks from Ian Shires failing to point out Coalition cuts affecting West Midlands Police ianshires.mycouncillor.org.uk/2014/09/19/lab… 24 minutes ago
- RT @BrownhillsCA: I will call in for a coffee and cake fb.me/1kWem8rba 26 minutes ago
- #365daysofbiking A jewel of a place: ift.tt/1r5yKhT 29 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Strollers September 22, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Christmas
In recognition of the day, the Young David Evans sent me some rather wonderful photos a couple of days ago – as readers will know, David has a particular interest in the wars in Europe, and has strong connections to Messines and the place where the celebrated First World War Christmas truce and football match is believed to have started.
I’ll keep this brief, as I know there are folk in Short Heath suffering in quiet, restrained dignity as they haven’t had their Liberal Democrat Focus news sheets this week due to the inclement weather – please spare a thought for those less fortunate souls this Christmas.
Continue reading →
Top Walsall Council bod Kate Goodall contacted me to ask if I could plug the Christmas Carol Concert at Walsall Arboretum -it is to be held in the beautifully refurbished bandstand tomorrow, Saturday 21st December 2013, from 1:00pm to 2:00pm.
This is a headsup for everyone in the local area – this week, some refuse bin collection days change hereabouts – a full calendar leaflet can be downloaded from Walsall Council’s website, but here’s how it works for local readers.
Thanks to readers John Preece and Wendy McGreevy, I can share the following event with readers – it’s an interesting one, and looks fun – it could be just the thing to perk the kids up on a dull Sunday Afternoon – why pop along?
Here’s a chance to get into the Christmas spirit this Sunday, 1st December 2013 – there’s a Christmas Fayre being held at Chasewater Innovation Centre – at the same time, you can check out the Santa Specials at Chasewater Steam Railway, and take a wander around the lake which is now full and teeming with wildlife once more.
Continue reading →
Thanks to long time reader Caz, I can share news of the above event with readers – it looks like a fine thing indeed.
Continue reading →