Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 31st - ‘Why the long face, mate?’... September 1, 2014
- August 31st - It was a gorgeous afternoon - sunny, warm, with... September 1, 2014
- August 30th - From the top of Shire Oak heading into Rushall, I... August 31, 2014
- August 30th - I don’t go to Shire Oak Park nearly enough.... August 31, 2014
- August 30th - This has me flummoxed, and quite, quite furious to... August 30, 2014
- August 29th - Never seen anything quite like this before. I was... August 30, 2014
- August 28th - Although summer is drawing to a close, some... August 29, 2014
- August 28th - A bit of a strange day. I wasn’t planning on... August 29, 2014
- August 27th - Just on the canal bank between the Black Cock... August 27, 2014
- August 27th - A run out mid afternoon on an errand. I headed up... August 27, 2014
- August 26th - In the backlanes between Stonnall and Shenstone... August 26, 2014
- August 26th - Even on a grim, grey day, Wall still has a... August 26, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- In Deed
- These are not well-to-do folk...
- Brownhills School Awards Day, November 1988
- On the cut
- Looking for Brenda Pitt, please
- Shed burglaries in Shire Oak overnight: did you see anything?
- Get with the programme: Shire Oak School opening day 1967
- The Thacker family, around 1930
- What's this stuff about, then?
- Urgent - wallet lost in Brownhills
- 1,643,168 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @cybrum: This is fantastic >> "@andertype:... BT Tower print bit.ly/W43yDf #Birmingham #Brum #cityscape http://t.co/ZccCF6OGOq" 7 hours ago
- RT @mcwetboy: New blog post: Emergency Kittens, Creative Commons, and Me jonathancrowe.net/2014/09/emerge… 7 hours ago
- RT @No1LindaMason: Grandma`s footsteps wp.me/pKp3x-16W via @ThePlasticHippo 8 hours ago
- RT @No1LindaMason: Ringing home wp.me/p2qnQW-ml via @wordpressdotcom 8 hours ago
- RT @kincowbag: changing facesface of Mykacoon 12~24 weeks. via #BeFunky http://t.co/0WCMwD1Yab 8 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Craft & Farmers Market September 7, 2014 at 10:00 am – 3:00 pm Monthly craft & farmers market run by Bohemian Bunty http://br ownhillsbob.com/2014/04/17/new-craft-and-farmers-market-coming-soon-to-chas ewater/ https://www.facebook.com/events/663879640343062
- Chasewater Strollers September 8, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 15, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 22, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Craft & Farmers Market October 5, 2014 at 9:00 am – 2:00 pm Monthly craft & farmers market run by Bohemian Bunty http://br ownhillsbob.com/2014/04/17/new-craft-and-farmers-market-coming-soon-to-chas ewater/ https://www.facebook.com/events/663879640343062
Tag Archives: Christmas
In recognition of the day, the Young David Evans sent me some rather wonderful photos a couple of days ago – as readers will know, David has a particular interest in the wars in Europe, and has strong connections to Messines and the place where the celebrated First World War Christmas truce and football match is believed to have started.
I’ll keep this brief, as I know there are folk in Short Heath suffering in quiet, restrained dignity as they haven’t had their Liberal Democrat Focus news sheets this week due to the inclement weather – please spare a thought for those less fortunate souls this Christmas.
Continue reading →
Top Walsall Council bod Kate Goodall contacted me to ask if I could plug the Christmas Carol Concert at Walsall Arboretum -it is to be held in the beautifully refurbished bandstand tomorrow, Saturday 21st December 2013, from 1:00pm to 2:00pm.
This is a headsup for everyone in the local area – this week, some refuse bin collection days change hereabouts – a full calendar leaflet can be downloaded from Walsall Council’s website, but here’s how it works for local readers.
Thanks to readers John Preece and Wendy McGreevy, I can share the following event with readers – it’s an interesting one, and looks fun – it could be just the thing to perk the kids up on a dull Sunday Afternoon – why pop along?
Here’s a chance to get into the Christmas spirit this Sunday, 1st December 2013 – there’s a Christmas Fayre being held at Chasewater Innovation Centre – at the same time, you can check out the Santa Specials at Chasewater Steam Railway, and take a wander around the lake which is now full and teeming with wildlife once more.
Continue reading →
Thanks to long time reader Caz, I can share news of the above event with readers – it looks like a fine thing indeed.
Continue reading →