Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 15th - Brownhills High Street. Darkness, rain and... December 16, 2014
- December 15th - A spin around the canal up to Pelsall on the way... December 16, 2014
- December 14th - This evening, there was the annual Burntwood... December 15, 2014
- December 14th - Sadly, it seems myxomatosis has found the rabbit... December 15, 2014
- December 14th - Today, I did make it to the supermarket, and... December 15, 2014
- December 13th - An excellent sunset. I needed to pop to... December 15, 2014
- December 13th - The kind of cold, crisp morning that grabs your... December 15, 2014
- December 12th - Tesco, the retail giant, are in trouble. Beset... December 13, 2014
- December 12th - I’ trying a new camera out. It’s got... December 13, 2014
- December 11th - Thoroughly rotten but very necessary journey... December 12, 2014
- December 10th - I hopped onto the cycleway at Pelsall Lane, and... December 11, 2014
- December 10th - Can’t ever remember a winter passing this... December 11, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- What's the Tory?
- May 1991 - Walsall Wood Police Boxing Club big success - but will it continue?
- Just look at those haircuts!
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- As far distant as the millennium
- The magic of Christmas
- The Harrison dynasty: Beginnings in Coal, 1849
- Walsall Wood 1871 Inclosure
- They know what's good for us
- This won't hurt - Images of St. Matthews Hospital, Burntwood
- 1,910,510 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @MacRumors: Apple's (Product) RED Holiday Campaign Raised $20 Million to Fight AIDS macrumors.com/2014/12/17/app… by @julipuli 1 hour ago
- RT @Unnamedinsider: As The #BritishComedyAwards didn't give Rik Mayall the tribute he deserved.... #ComedyAwards http://t.co/QmXRsXXr8N 2 hours ago
- Oh dear. Best bit is the comments. Via @moronwatch http://t.co/ooPeB4hrJa 2 hours ago
- RT @wyrleyblog: FIFA, what a sham. Sepp and the boys, ever thought of a career in politics? 2 hours ago
- I have no fucking idea what's gone on here, but Facebook really does suck donkey balls facebook.com/westmidlandspo… 3 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Strollers December 22, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Christmas
Here’s a further chance to get into the Christmas spirit this evening (Sunday 14th December 2014) – there’s the Annual Burntwood Lantern Parade and a Christmas Fayre being held at Chasewater Innovation Centre.
Long term reader and friend of the blog Ray Johnson sends me an email with a very, very simple enquiry, which I’m sure readers will be able to help with – can we get this misdelivered Christmas card to the right people? I suspect it may be from someone who hasn’t been here in a while.
Continue reading →
Dawn Hadley and others from Pelsall have contacted me to ask me to give a plug for the Annual Christmas Fayre in aid of the Pelsall Branch of the Royal British Legion and the Poppy Appeal.
I’ve long held that if you want to start a revolution in the UK, just disrupt refuse collections, so this is a headsup for everyone in the local area – there’s a new issue of the refuse collection and recycling leaflet out now with a collection calendar, recycling guide and other information.
Continue reading →
Facebook is really throwing up some gems at the moment – keen reader Maria Fitzgerald has sent me a bunch of varied images she’s found out of her family collection which I think will inspire debate and memories from readers – these are hot on the heels of the one she sent last week, that provoked so much discussion. Continue reading →
In recognition of the day, the Young David Evans sent me some rather wonderful photos a couple of days ago – as readers will know, David has a particular interest in the wars in Europe, and has strong connections to Messines and the place where the celebrated First World War Christmas truce and football match is believed to have started.
I’ll keep this brief, as I know there are folk in Short Heath suffering in quiet, restrained dignity as they haven’t had their Liberal Democrat Focus news sheets this week due to the inclement weather – please spare a thought for those less fortunate souls this Christmas.
Continue reading →