Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 28th - Although summer is drawing to a close, some... August 29, 2014
- August 28th - A bit of a strange day. I wasn’t planning on... August 29, 2014
- August 27th - Just on the canal bank between the Black Cock... August 27, 2014
- August 27th - A run out mid afternoon on an errand. I headed up... August 27, 2014
- August 26th - In the backlanes between Stonnall and Shenstone... August 26, 2014
- August 26th - Even on a grim, grey day, Wall still has a... August 26, 2014
- August 26th - The day was better, I guess, by virtue of being... August 26, 2014
- August 25th - One thing that is good about a wet ride is that it... August 26, 2014
- August 25th - A wet, miserable bank holiday Monday. This was the... August 26, 2014
- August 24th - Aside from the motorcyclists, it was a lovely ride... August 25, 2014
- August 24th - Dam wall path, Chasewater, 8:24pm. Motorbike... August 25, 2014
- August 22nd - At the back of Brickyard Road in Aldridge is a... August 24, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Come on down to Mutt Fest!
- A gift from Brian...
- On Broadway - and I don't mean east Walsall
- Odds and sods
- The other 'Wood: from the air...
- Scenes from the Clayhanger Kid
- Please help: New Road, what do we know?
- This won't hurt - Images of St. Matthews Hospital, Burntwood
- Important appeal: Did you know Michael Syrett?
- The return of The Clayhanger Kid - book signing tomorrow!
- 1,634,394 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- This is brilliant, and I think very true xkcd.com/1414/ 9 minutes ago
- RT @PlashingVole: Tempting as it is to live-tweet this funeral, I'd better stop. The priest's glaring at me. 13 minutes ago
- RT @H_S_E: We were blown away by this one! Pub confetti ban blamed on h&s bit.ly/1B08Q2q #bustedmyth 15 minutes ago
- RT @stevie378: Walsall Arboretum Boathouse through the trees . . . . fb.me/3j7183MGD 20 minutes ago
- RT @sinisteragent: There's no sense of "well, we've had a good run and are still doing well". No, it's constant exponential growth FOREVER!… 20 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Neil Halstead – Seasons
- Neil Halstead – The Finer Points Of Flying
- Neil Halstead – Baby, I Grew You a Beard
- Neil Halstead – A Gentle Heart
- Neil Halstead – Spinning for Spoonie
- Neil Halstead – Queen Bee
- Neil Halstead – Sometimes The Wheels
- Neil Halstead – No Mercy For The Muse
- Neil Halstead – Always The Good
- Neil Halstead – Paint a Face
- Chasewater Craft & Farmers Market September 7, 2014 at 10:00 am – 3:00 pm Monthly craft & farmers market run by Bohemian Bunty http://br ownhillsbob.com/2014/04/17/new-craft-and-farmers-market-coming-soon-to-chas ewater/ https://www.facebook.com/events/663879640343062
Tag Archives: Christmas
In recognition of the day, the Young David Evans sent me some rather wonderful photos a couple of days ago – as readers will know, David has a particular interest in the wars in Europe, and has strong connections to Messines and the place where the celebrated First World War Christmas truce and football match is believed to have started.
I’ll keep this brief, as I know there are folk in Short Heath suffering in quiet, restrained dignity as they haven’t had their Liberal Democrat Focus news sheets this week due to the inclement weather – please spare a thought for those less fortunate souls this Christmas.
Continue reading →
Top Walsall Council bod Kate Goodall contacted me to ask if I could plug the Christmas Carol Concert at Walsall Arboretum -it is to be held in the beautifully refurbished bandstand tomorrow, Saturday 21st December 2013, from 1:00pm to 2:00pm.
This is a headsup for everyone in the local area – this week, some refuse bin collection days change hereabouts – a full calendar leaflet can be downloaded from Walsall Council’s website, but here’s how it works for local readers.
Thanks to readers John Preece and Wendy McGreevy, I can share the following event with readers – it’s an interesting one, and looks fun – it could be just the thing to perk the kids up on a dull Sunday Afternoon – why pop along?
Here’s a chance to get into the Christmas spirit this Sunday, 1st December 2013 – there’s a Christmas Fayre being held at Chasewater Innovation Centre – at the same time, you can check out the Santa Specials at Chasewater Steam Railway, and take a wander around the lake which is now full and teeming with wildlife once more.
Continue reading →
Thanks to long time reader Caz, I can share news of the above event with readers – it looks like a fine thing indeed.
Continue reading →