Because you’re free to read this blog
- March 3rd - I was quite lucky with this, too; also handheld. The... March 3, 2015
- March 3rd - Cold, windy. Horrid journeys to work, fast and fun... March 3, 2015
- March 2nd - Spotted in Darlaston in Victoria Park - is that a... March 3, 2015
- March 2nd - Fiddling with a next camera. After a brief... March 3, 2015
- March 1st - I noted with some curiosity that earlier that day,... March 2, 2015
- March 1st - On a distinctly un-springlike day, I headed into... March 2, 2015
- February 28th - Meanwhile, back in Brownhills, Silver Court... March 1, 2015
- February 28th - Another grey, dull day, with a worsening wind. I... March 1, 2015
- February 27th - I had to pop into Aldridge on my way home and... March 1, 2015
- February 27th - A lot of the history of Brownhills, Walsall Wood... March 1, 2015
- February 26th - Mind you, I say Birmingham is getting better at... February 28, 2015
- February 26th - In Birmingham at twilight, I was without any... February 28, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Rebuild it and they will come – a great post by Christine Howles
- Matters arising...
- Bradford on Brownhills
- Class of… when, and who?
- The man in the centre
- Walsall Woodstock two day music festival this weekend!
- It's a special occasion - get on your Sunday best!
- What's this stuff about, then?
- The estate we're in
- Finely tuned aerials
- 2,120,999 hits
- 2013 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Looks like it's going to be a good year for kingfishers. 21 minutes ago
- The gentrification of Walsall continues. This morning, kingfishers in Pleck. This evening, a kingfisher in Goscote... 22 minutes ago
- RT @jennifdixon: #WWI "Kynoch Angels" making rifle cartridges in 1916. One of the many Tameside industries during WWI http://t.co/hc5E4bKxod 4 hours ago
- RT @ExpressandStar: 17-year-old Alana Keeling has been missing for nearly a week from her home in #KingsBromley RT expressandstar.com/news/local-new… h… 4 hours ago
- RT @SuperRetroid: ‘Not a lesbian’ Aderonke Apata: impossibly high threshold for asylum claims based on sexuality thejusticegap.com/2015/03/lesbia… htt… 4 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Strollers March 9, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers March 16, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers March 23, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Chasewaterstuff
Back last weekend, local wildlife expert, ecologist and local historian Chaz Mason got in touch, asking for help with a picture of an old steam locomotive that he’s got hold of – he wasn’t sure about the origins of the engine, but thought it was something unusual. Continue reading →
The Ogley Square slum was indeed cleared – and as can be seen today – the area of Catshill and Ogley Hay around it became the site of huge social housing development – however, the site of the Square itself became the location of a new pub..
Here’s an interesting thing that top local history monkey [Howmuch?] bought at a book fayre last week. It’s the program for the Fourth Annual Steam & Vintage Vehicle Rally, held by Chasewater Light Railway Society on the weekend of 21st & 22nd June 1980.
Continue reading →
The 1st October 2012 – a couple of hours away from when I post this – will mark 82 years since the Grove Pit Disaster that killed fourteen local men in the mine that stood just off Lime Lane, on … Continue reading →
I’m not much of a petrol head, really, as regular readers will have worked out. I do, however, love old cars and car shows, particularly local ones like the Chasewater Transport Show. Since it was such a bright sunny day … Continue reading →
I just spotted on the excellent Chasewaterstuff’s Railway and Canal Blog and via his twitter stream that there’s an MG car show on tomorrow, Sunday 13th May 2012 at Chasewater. There will be lots of classic and restored motors there, … Continue reading →
Bit late, I know, but it’s a nice day, and the Chasewater Railway Spring Gala is happening all weekend. Headsup to the wonderful Chasewaterstuff, quietly plugging away for Brownhill’s best kept secret. Don’t forget that for the less railway-focussed members … Continue reading →