Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 6th - On an equally dull return commute, harassed by the... July 6, 2015
- July 6th - On the way to work on a grey, dull Monday morning,... July 6, 2015
- July 5th - From Ogley Junction footbridge, long range shots of... July 6, 2015
- July 5th - An odd day involving a fair few errands. I set out... July 6, 2015
- July 4th - Fully loaded with shopping, I pottered back, becoming... July 5, 2015
- July 4th - Independence day, but sadly not from work. To my... July 5, 2015
- July 3rd - I was wiped out. I’d had to sit on the floor all the... July 5, 2015
- July 3rd - As readers who follow me elsewhere will know, I have... July 5, 2015
- July 2nd - I cycled home in steady, warm rain - but the... July 2, 2015
- July 2nd - In Darlaston, a gentle precipitation; sweet-smelling,... July 2, 2015
- July 1st - Also on the canal, near Bentley Mill Way, flowering... July 2, 2015
- July 1st - The Pleck swans were cool in the heat this morning,... July 2, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Jobs up for grabs at the Chase Inn, Brownhills
- Time for a fillum...
- Explosive stuff
- September 1995 - Walsall Wood FC up in flames!
- That didn't go to plan... or did it?
- Aldridge Cinema - come see The Lego Movie this afternoon!
- Does anyone know where Spring Nob is?
- Bombs Over Brownhills
- B&M coming to Aldridge - vacancies now being advertised
- Under the influence
- 2,421,168 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @thestymaster: Hmmm.... theyworkforyou.com/debates/?id=20… 1 hour ago
- RT @C_and_H: http://t.co/NIEpA6ilm8 1 hour ago
- RT @ModernToss: Modern Toss interview tip #318 http://t.co/RariUXkZDZ 2 hours ago
- RT @1GoldilocksZone: A man in this shopping centre has just come up to me and said "Pretty lady free sample". Don't do that. It's weird. 2 hours ago
- RT @getinthesea: WE'RE GOING TO NEED A NEW SEA FOR THESE FUCKERS. MADE OF LAVA. FILLED WITH STARVING, LAVA-PROOF KILLER SHARKS. http://t.co… 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Megalopolis
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Fram
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Somnium
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Misty Moses
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Sunday Neurosis
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Torito
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – The Soundmaker
- Calexico – Miles from the Sea
- Calexico – Cumbia de Donde
- Calexico – Tapping on the Line
- Chasewater Strollers July 13, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers July 20, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Chasewater Railway
Here’s a chance to get into the Christmas spirit this Sunday, 1st December 2013 – there’s a Christmas Fayre being held at Chasewater Innovation Centre – at the same time, you can check out the Santa Specials at Chasewater Steam Railway, and take a wander around the lake which is now full and teeming with wildlife once more.
Continue reading →
I see that there Brian Stringer has a new book out – Brian is a local lad and longtime resident of the area, who’s well known to locals, both for his community work and interest in local history.
I’ve spotted the following on the Chasewater Country Park Facebook page, which should give some ideas to families wanting to enjoy the good weather but not travel too far this bank holiday weekend.
I was saddened to receive yesterday from Chasewater Transport Show organiser Helen Borton, a copy of a mail she’s sent to Chasewater Park management, detailing some conflict within the park community over this popular free show – it doesn’t make pleasant reading.
Continue reading →
Here’s a chance to get into the Christmas spirit today… there’s a Christmas Fayre being held at Chasewater Innovation Centre. At the same time, you can check out the Santa Specials at Chasewater Steam Railway, and take a wander around the lake – now well on the way to recovery after recently being drained.
Continue reading →
I notice that this Sunday, 4th November 2012, there’s a rather fun looking vintage event being staged at Chasewater Railway by Burntwood-based Always Red Events.
The inaugural event last June was a whole bunch of fun and I enjoyed it immensely. This one promises to be even better, so why not get down there and join in the fun?
I’ll leave the organisers to tell you all about it. I’ll certainly be checking it out…
Continue reading →
From the canal festival, I spun up to Chasewater to check out the vintage event – We’ll Meet Again. I wasn’t sure what to expect with it – I’d found the Jubilee Shindig at the same venue rather lacklustre, if … Continue reading →