Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 5th - In case you haven’t noticed, there’s an election on.... May 6, 2015
- May 5th - On a morning commute from hell, against a headwind... May 6, 2015
- May 4th - The day may have been on the dull side, but the... May 4, 2015
- May 4th - A run out in the afternoon didn’t reward me with the... May 4, 2015
- madoldbaggage: A walk at Park Lime Pits, local nature reserve,... May 4, 2015
- May 3rd - Another spot that benefited from the sunshine and... May 4, 2015
- May 3rd - An old cycling friend of mine whom I used to meet... May 4, 2015
- May 2nd - How can grey days be so beautiful? It was awful... May 3, 2015
- May 2nd - I had the camera, this time - although the light was... May 3, 2015
- May 1st - Similarly, this poor phone photo of Fishpond Wood in... May 3, 2015
- May 1st - Like an idiot, I left my camera at home this morning.... May 3, 2015
- April 30th - I returned the same way, but the deer had moved on.... April 30, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- A quiet afternoon
- Brownhills VE Day commemoration this Friday
- Ninety years, a true Brownhills sportsman
- Chasewater Rangers Rant Spring 2015
- Meanwhile, over in Brownhills West...
- Just do it
- 2014 Walsall local election results - there may be trouble ahead
- Millfield School needs you!
- What's the Tory?
- Who are they - your chance to question election candidates for Aldridge Brownhills
- 2,271,779 hits
- 2013 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @lindseyyyyallen: Tj is still missing :( WV4 since 9th April. Desperate to have him back home. Please keep spreading the word!! RT http:… 3 hours ago
- RT @prodnose: Remember this. On 7th May 2015 - Mail led with story about obese woman. BBC with Britain Goes To The Polls. And they want … 3 hours ago
- RT @ThePlasticHippo: Today is the day. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure that @DHansenLuke gets some therapy. He seems to be in meltdown. Pol… 3 hours ago
- RT @mysociety: Wondering whether to vote the incumbent MP back in tomorrow? Don't forget to check their full voting record on http://t.co/i… 3 hours ago
- RT @FiveSpiresLive: Vote today for Rob Pass or Andy Bennetts @rob_pass_green or @LichfieldCW Well worth the £500, thanks guys. #SODs "… 3 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Neil Halstead – Wittgenstein's Arm
- Neil Halstead – Bad Drugs And Minor Chords
- Neil Halstead – Digging Shelters
- Neil Halstead – High Hopes
- Neil Halstead – Dreamed I Saw Soldiers
- Neil Halstead – Sleeping on Roads
- Neil Halstead – Martha’s Mantra (For the Pain)
- Neil Halstead – See You on Rooftops
- Neil Halstead – Hi-Lo and Inbetween
- Neil Halstead – Driving with Bert
- Chasewater Strollers May 11, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers May 18, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers May 25, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Chasewater Railway
Here’s a chance to get into the Christmas spirit this Sunday, 1st December 2013 – there’s a Christmas Fayre being held at Chasewater Innovation Centre – at the same time, you can check out the Santa Specials at Chasewater Steam Railway, and take a wander around the lake which is now full and teeming with wildlife once more.
Continue reading →
I see that there Brian Stringer has a new book out – Brian is a local lad and longtime resident of the area, who’s well known to locals, both for his community work and interest in local history.
I’ve spotted the following on the Chasewater Country Park Facebook page, which should give some ideas to families wanting to enjoy the good weather but not travel too far this bank holiday weekend.
I was saddened to receive yesterday from Chasewater Transport Show organiser Helen Borton, a copy of a mail she’s sent to Chasewater Park management, detailing some conflict within the park community over this popular free show – it doesn’t make pleasant reading.
Continue reading →
Here’s a chance to get into the Christmas spirit today… there’s a Christmas Fayre being held at Chasewater Innovation Centre. At the same time, you can check out the Santa Specials at Chasewater Steam Railway, and take a wander around the lake – now well on the way to recovery after recently being drained.
Continue reading →
I notice that this Sunday, 4th November 2012, there’s a rather fun looking vintage event being staged at Chasewater Railway by Burntwood-based Always Red Events.
The inaugural event last June was a whole bunch of fun and I enjoyed it immensely. This one promises to be even better, so why not get down there and join in the fun?
I’ll leave the organisers to tell you all about it. I’ll certainly be checking it out…
Continue reading →
From the canal festival, I spun up to Chasewater to check out the vintage event – We’ll Meet Again. I wasn’t sure what to expect with it – I’d found the Jubilee Shindig at the same venue rather lacklustre, if … Continue reading →