Because you’re free to read this blog
- November 23rd - It seems Staffordshire County Council -... November 24, 2014
- November 23rd - A run out on errands late morning was shrouded... November 24, 2014
- November 22nd - Despite occasional heavy showers, it was a... November 22, 2014
- November 22nd - I had to nip to Aldridge in the afternoon, and... November 22, 2014
- November 21st - Thank goodness it’s Friday. Another... November 22, 2014
- November 21st - After rain in the night, I rode past the old... November 22, 2014
- November 20th - In Kings Hill Park in Darlaston, there’s a... November 22, 2014
- 20th November - Still clinging on, and looking handsome despite... November 22, 2014
- My name is Aiden and I am a Cyclist. November 20, 2014
- November 19th - I forget every year how good Telford’s... November 20, 2014
- November 19th - Heading out at dawn for a meeting in Telford,... November 20, 2014
- November 18th - I tried an experiment tonight, but it... November 19, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- A lesson in local history
- The Pride of Brownhills, restored
- Your chance to meet a local history legend next Friday!
- Did any of you know Alan John Pickering?
- August 1990 - How much longer must we wait for some action?
- Hednesford Road hit and run: John Thomason sentenced
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- Woodmen thrash beleagured Causeway
- Urgent: Please help find missing Brownhills teenager
- 1,864,590 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @Revolving_Bat: #CameronMustGo Even Princess Anne is calling him a loser here - lol http://t.co/TpHHMwD3yA 9 minutes ago
- RT @urbancyclist: "Sparkly clean once more" blipfoto.com/entry/4998065 See my new daily photo on #blipfoto 15 minutes ago
- RT @london_mush: Already planning next years holiday after this years escapades in Bulgaria http://t.co/g0sdBiT0iL 22 minutes ago
- RT @zanPHEE: It's sad when dolphins go on a date & don't click. 23 minutes ago
- RT @Oli_Morgan: NEED Female role models to #INSPIRE girls into #STEM? @BritishArmy #Engineers helping build 1000mph @BLOODHOUND_SSC http:/… 24 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Guinevere - Remastered
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Marrakesh Express - Remastered
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Suite: Judy Blue Eyes - Remastered
- Andrew Bird – section 8 city
- Andrew Bird – Oh Baltimore
- Andrew Bird – Meet Me Here At Dawn
- Andrew Bird – Carrion Suite
- Andrew Bird – The Sifters
- Andrew Bird – The Barn Tapes
- Andrew Bird – Danse Carribe
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: Chasewater Dam
The wonderfully generous and knowledgable Sir Gerald of Reece recently sent me some scans of aerial images dating from 1948-52, taken of Brownhills and and stored on transparency, which I feature here today.
Continue reading →
I have no idea what to make of this – lost raptors are a new one for the blog, but never a dull moment – just has this report of a lost Harris Hawk in from Jim Mason of Burntwood:
Continue reading →
Local chap and musician John Carver contacted me a week or so ago to ask me to give this fine folk gig a plug, starring a lady with a rather remarkable local tale to tell – and she’s supported by some rather excellent welsh musicians, too. Continue reading →
As I alluded yesterday when I featured the image of the Chasewater pump house, reader and friend of the blog Ruth Penrhyn-Lowe has been slaving over a warm scanner yet again to share with us some wonderful postcards from her late father’s personal collection, and all of these have a Chasetown theme.
This is remarkable – I’m just going to leave it here for those among us interested in Chasewater, and the arrangements with the steam pump that used to return water from Anglesey Basin into the reservoir.
There has been huge interest in the post I published last week on the subject of the rare and rather beautiful black swan spotted at Chasewater last Wednesday by The Swan Lady, Irene Hodges.
Continue reading →
There’s an interesting, fun-looking event taking place this Sunday (25th May 2014) at Chase Watersports Centre, at Chasewater – it’s a twelve hour continuous waterski event in aid of the Stephen’s Story appeal for the Teenage Cancer Trust.