Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 1st - Autumn is certainly coming to Catshill Junction... October 2, 2014
- October 1st - Spotted this bike on the train today. It’s a... October 2, 2014
- September 30th - These guys crease me up. Often on my way home,... October 2, 2014
- September 30th - Once you get used to the idea (and it does take... October 1, 2014
- September 29th - I’d nipped into Birmingham on what seemed... October 1, 2014
- September 28th - On a decaying tree stump near the canal just by... September 29, 2014
- September 28th - Up on the Chase on a balmy, sunny afternoon... September 29, 2014
- September 27th - Having visited the farm shop, returned via... September 28, 2014
- September 27th - Spotted as I was passing in Flats Lane,... September 28, 2014
- Septemver 27th - I’ve been passing this odd, low... September 28, 2014
- September 26th - Another great sky as I nipped down into... September 27, 2014
- September 26th - I nipped over to Burntwood to get some shopping... September 27, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Anybody lost a pair of Labradors?
- Meanwhile, over in Brownhills West...
- What lies beneath
- Your invitation to... An Evening with Gordon Banks QBE
- Oy'll save ya, bab...
- Going down a bomb
- Have you just lost a pair of dogs in Brownhills?
- It's a special occasion - get on your Sunday best!
- The mystery of The Lost Stonnall Hoard
- 1,704,227 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @geeoharee: 'paedo panic' is one of the scariest UK media tropes twitter.com/UK_Database_CS… 1 hour ago
- Daily Mail writes piece on the terrible poverty of 40 years ago that it denied existed to deny today's poverty. Wankers. 2 hours ago
- Heard outside 'He's not well. He's got his arse in his hands' 'no different to usual, then' 2 hours ago
- RT @tim2040: To my deep shame, I have no sense of who I am as a brand. Pray for me. http://t.co/32EY8Kk8rL 2 hours ago
- Shit Lydsey de Paul dead. Sad. 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Our House
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Southern Cross
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Suite: Judy Blue Eyes
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Cathedral
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – I Give You Give Blind
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Change Partners
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Pre-Road Downs
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Love the One You're With
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – To The Last Whale: Critical Mass / Wind On The Water
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Shadow Captain
- Chasewater Strollers October 6, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers October 13, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers October 20, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Canal
Way back at the beginning of August, I shared a partial scan of a document I’d acquired – a mining plan of how workings in the Robbins coal seam under Walsall Wood, Clayhanger and Brownhills affected the railway line above.
Way back in April this year, I first noted the consultation and plan to finally redevelop the wasteland in Brownhills that was once Silver Court Gardens, the notorious tenement maisonette estate that was demolished in 2004, into over 100 dwellings.
Following my post recently concerning some great maps sent to me by Bruce Littley, reader, friend of the blog and top local allotment whiz Steve Hames has been in touch with some great images of the path of the former Cannock Extension Canal which was pictured in the Aerofilms image in the post.
This is an interesting one I’ve had cooking for a while – reader Bruce Littley has kindly sent me these scans of maps that he’s come across, and he’d like to know more about them – or at least the annotations sketched thereupon.
Now, since it’s been a few days of catching up with little bits and pieces, here’s something massive for readers to get their teeth into – this is a historical artefact which I’ve been lucky enough to find, and I’m very excited about it.