Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 25th - On the Plants Brook/New Hall Valley cycle route NCN... May 26, 2015
- May 25th - I’ve found a little oasis I never realised existed,... May 26, 2015
- madoldbaggage: Spring flowers etc this bank holiday weekend at... May 25, 2015
- May 24th - The wildflowers and blossom are wonderful this year.... May 25, 2015
- May 24th - The Watermead swan family in Brownhills are doing... May 25, 2015
- May 23rd - On my way home, I rode past the JCB plant at... May 25, 2015
- May 23rd - Here’s an odd one. Half way up the hill, on the... May 25, 2015
- May 23rd - I needn’t have worried. The first century of the year... May 25, 2015
- May 22nd - I’d been planning a long ride the following day for a... May 25, 2015
- May 22nd - A quick trip to Lichfield after lunch on a very dull... May 25, 2015
- May 21st - Laburnum, or golden chain is one of the most... May 22, 2015
- May 20th - I’m intrigued by these deep yellow poppies, which... May 21, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Bogus caller cons OAP in Shire Oak
- The team team of '57
- Why not visit a local working water mill today?
- Don't forget Lichfield Bower!
- Reg Morris - a great Brownhillian
- Spring is on her throne
- Walsall Woodstock 2015 cancelled!
- Do you remember Brownhills United?
- Walsall Woodstock 2015 - a free spirit
- Bill Shaw's 2015 Walsall Wood FC presentation dinner report
- 2,319,549 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @LHCRT1: Come to our AGM: 7pm on 5 June at Park View Centre, Brownhills, WS8 7JB with speaker David Penny from Hereford & Gloucester Can… 1 hour ago
- 'Bob - there's a geezer out back arranging the empty pallets into size order' 'yes, that's Trigger. He's new' 1 hour ago
- RT @neskatxa: @BrownhillsBob @thestymaster Finally, bioengineers have succeeded in mating the Hummer with the JCB. 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: Brownhills
Here’s a head scratcher from friend of the blog Martin Littler, who’s contributed so much previously to Brownhills Local history – and this time he’s come up with a cracker for a Bank Holiday Monday.
Continue reading →
Yet another report reaches me regarding bogus tradesmen calling on the elderly and attempting to coerce them into handing money over for bout and unneeded services.
Sorry folks – I turn on the computer to find the sad news that Walsall Woodstock – the pop festival scheduled today and tomorrow for Walsall Wood Football Club – has been cancelled.
Continuing the scans of the Brownhills Gazette – I present issue 61 of the long lost freesheet, from October 1994 for you to peruse and download. I’ve had an incredible response to featuring these long, lost publications here on the blog.
A great enquiry reaches me from Florida, USA the home of Brownhills lad Andrew Richards, who emigrated there in 1990 – when Andy lived here, he played for Brownhills United and has written a wonderful piece requesting information on this lost local team.
Continue reading →
This afternoon at 2:30pm (Saturday 23rd May 2015), Aldridge Cinema are showing family feelgood film Big Hero 6. – it’s just £4 a ticket and normal popcorn and drinks are only 50p.
Continue reading →
Heres an excellent thing for kids going on this Saturday, drawn to my attention by Walsall Wood Scout Leader Lee Bragginton – a chance to take your kids along to try out scouting for free, taking place this Saturday 23rd May 2015 at Shire Oak Academy from 10am until 12pm.