Because you’re free to read this blog
- November 24th - I’m never sure what to make of this.... November 24, 2014
- November 24th - A gorgeous, frosty winter morning. I had a call... November 24, 2014
- November 23rd - It seems Staffordshire County Council -... November 24, 2014
- November 23rd - A run out on errands late morning was shrouded... November 24, 2014
- November 22nd - Despite occasional heavy showers, it was a... November 22, 2014
- November 22nd - I had to nip to Aldridge in the afternoon, and... November 22, 2014
- November 21st - Thank goodness it’s Friday. Another... November 22, 2014
- November 21st - After rain in the night, I rode past the old... November 22, 2014
- November 20th - In Kings Hill Park in Darlaston, there’s a... November 22, 2014
- 20th November - Still clinging on, and looking handsome despite... November 22, 2014
- My name is Aiden and I am a Cyclist. November 20, 2014
- November 19th - I forget every year how good Telford’s... November 20, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Your chance to meet a local history legend next Friday!
- A lesson in local history
- The Pride of Brownhills, restored
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- Sex and travel
- August 1990 - How much longer must we wait for some action?
- Did any of you know Alan John Pickering?
- Urgent: Please help find missing Brownhills teenager
- Hednesford Road hit and run: John Thomason sentenced
- 1,864,860 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @producergirl: I wonder if clouds ever look down on us and say "hey look, that one's shaped like an idiot." 51 minutes ago
- RT @_youhadonejob: You just know someone asked. http://t.co/kK7gitWyQn 1 hour ago
- RT @MsJackMonroe: Twitter: I can express my opinion on it, so can you. We disagree, debate, discuss. But death/rape threats, & threats to m… 2 hours ago
- RT @UrbaneCommuter: I wonder how many mountain bikers don't ride on the roads cos of the sorry conditions? There are a lot of mountain bike… 2 hours ago
- RT @UrbaneCommuter: invisiblevisibleman.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/a-1980… interesting on biased news paradigms by @RKWinvisibleman 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – To The Last Whale: Critical Mass / Wind On The Water
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Shadow Captain
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – First Things First - Album Verison
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Just a Song Before I Go
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Marrakesh Express
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Carry On
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Daylight Again
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Cathedral
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – In My Dreams
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Carry On
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: Brownhills
A couple of days ago I belatedly flagged up the wonderful installation and unveiling ceremony for the once misplaced, but now found British Legion memorial plague to the dead of two wars, located after local historian and top chap Bill Mayo asked for help with a photo here on the Brownhills Blog.
A few weeks ago, I shared here a mining plan of how workings in the Robbins coal seam under Walsall Wood, Clayhanger and Brownhills affected the railway line above it, showing the coal mine excavations in great detail under the village.
I’m a wee bit late with this (for which I apologise, things are a bit hectic of late) but here’s some great news from reader and longtime friend of the blog Martin, who writes concerning the Royal British Legion plaque that resurfaced following a photo article here on the blog last year.