Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 29th - Big dreams, he had them. Better luck next time,... July 29, 2014
- July 29th - Goscote Valley cycleway, on a summer afternoon. This... July 29, 2014
- July 27th - Brownhills High Street. Next time you hear someone... July 27, 2014
- July 27th - On Clayhanger Common, there is a thriving population... July 27, 2014
- July 27th - After a day of unexpected but nice things - a meal... July 27, 2014
- July 26th - I’ve recently discovered Darwin Park - the... July 27, 2014
- July 26th - Taking it easy with the foot, it’s clearly not... July 27, 2014
- July 25th - I nearly squished him (I assume it’s a he),... July 26, 2014
- July 25th - The Catshill swan family seem to spend a lot of time... July 26, 2014
- July 25th - A busy day, but the foot improved no end, and a... July 26, 2014
- July 24th - Further on, at Sandhills, a fine crop of maize.... July 24, 2014
- July 24th - One of the sights of summer I’ve so far missed... July 24, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Mill Road violent assault: two men appear in court
- Start me up!
- Looking sharp!
- Arrest made following incident in Brownhills
- Shop local...
- Down the drive at the side...
- Youth service in Walsall - important meeting tonight!
- Brownhills canal indecent exposure incident
- Charges brought in Daisy Myring Murder enquiry
- 1,551,710 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Ordnance Survey Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @WooTube: "@BBCNews: Wednesday's Times: http://t.co/E2b7VzrQeH" New respect for royalty. Haven't seen jumping in heels like that since T… 35 minutes ago
- RT @bcountrycinema: @CRTWestMidlands thought you'd find our documentary about black country canals relevant - ow.ly/zJ4KT http:/… 36 minutes ago
- RT @BestoftheMail: Setting it straight indeed - a wonderful newspaper correction (thx @jamesdoleman) http://t.co/ISSgYvFtUX 58 minutes ago
- RT @mickysix6: Brownhills Bob!!!! wp.me/p4evrP-Yz 1 hour ago
- RT @BenWignall1: Missed Brownhills goal cos I was having a minute long piss :) fuck off bladder 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Craft & Farmers Market August 3, 2014 at 10:00 am – 3:00 pm Monthly craft & farmers market run by Bohemian Bunty http://br ownhillsbob.com/2014/04/17/new-craft-and-farmers-market-coming-soon-to-chas ewater/ https://www.facebook.com/events/663879640343062
Tag Archives: Blumer
I’ve had a great email from reader Stuart Cowley, about growing up and spending summers helping his family out at the cafe in Chasewater in the 1960s. It’s a really touching, well-written piece. I remember the Chasewater of the 70s, when it was running down, but at it’s height it seems to have been a real leisure attraction.