Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 1st - Also on the canal, near Bentley Mill Way, flowering... July 2, 2015
- July 1st - The Pleck swans were cool in the heat this morning,... July 2, 2015
- June 30th - Looking almost frosted on the warmest day of the... July 1, 2015
- June 30th - There’s a Matt Smith fan in Darlaston - what else... July 1, 2015
- June 29th - Intrigued and saddened to see the Four Crosses pub... June 30, 2015
- June 29th - I’m loving the orchids this year - they seem to have... June 29, 2015
- faz0la: I saw this friendly chap in the garden of a cottage I... June 29, 2015
- faz0la: My post morning jog view. June 29, 2015
- June 28th - Later in the day, I had to run into Aldridge on an... June 29, 2015
- June 28th - Feeling better, and a trundle to Brownhills... June 29, 2015
- June 27th - Spotted by the canalside, growing from the... June 29, 2015
- June 27th - I was suffering with both a dodgy stomach and bad... June 29, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- 2015 Walsall Wood Family Fit 'n' Fun Day this Saturday
- The end and the beginning
- Chartered flight
- The Royal Oak, Bullings Heath: Explorations in local history
- A working man
- Get with the programme: Brownhills Carnival 1939
- Catch San Brett live on the radio tonight - live from Brownhills!
- Walsall Wood 1871 Inclosure
- Pictures from the 2015 Brownhills Canalside Festival
- Aldridge Cinema - come see The Lego Movie this afternoon!
- 2,410,878 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- #365daysofbiking Rush hour: ift.tt/1KtpiOE 1 hour ago
- #365daysofbiking Dem feet, tho: ift.tt/1KtpiOC 1 hour ago
- RT @nurse_w_glasses: Good point .. #EqualMarriage http://t.co/SaEnDDN30p 3 hours ago
- RT @urbancyclist: "So ugly it's cute?" polaroidblipfoto.com/entry/20630621… See my new daily photo on #polaroid #blipfoto 3 hours ago
- RT @AwwwwCats: My girlfriend just got a new kitten. She sent me this photo. http://t.co/EwMI6d5ziD 3 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Strollers July 6, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers July 13, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers July 20, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Birmingham
This is a followup to the ride cam I did a couple of weeks ago on National Cycle Route 535 down the Plants Brook/New Hall Valley cycleway, from Sutton to Tyburn – here I pick up the route from the Birngham and Fazeley Canal at Tyburn, and finish at Digbeth Junction in the city centre.
Hi folks – here’s something I found last night that I’d forgotten about, that ties in with my fascination for Birmingham and architecture – and also, my obsession with well-crafted language.
Just lately, I’ve found myself in lots of intense discussions – several on social media – about architecture, old buildings, history and the way we view the past; these discussions often sadden me and I need to get something off my chest.
Well, it’s that time of year again, and yesterday I hopped on the Midland Red went to Birmingham to visit the Christmas Market and enjoy the sights and sounds of the city at Christmas. I love Birmingham as readers will know, … Continue reading
As is usual, today I visited Erdington Bike Jumble, the yearly tat-bazaar for cyclists that always takes place the first Saturday in March.
Still labouring over a warm hard drive here, so while I prepare some stuff for tomorrow, why not have a look around a YouTube channel that’s getting quite a bit of local attention?
Mindful of the day and occasion, regular contributor and blog stalwart Peter ‘Pedro’ Cutler wrote to me with an interesting couple of things to check out relating to the Second World War and Birmingham – I wasn’t aware of either, and they’ve been eye-openers, to be quite honest. Continue reading