Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 30th - This time of year is mostly about fruits, and this... August 31, 2015
- August 30th - A grey day, but I needed a ride. It’s been a few... August 31, 2015
- August 29th - My apologies to the toad-phobics, but I had to... August 30, 2015
- August 29th - A late rove around Brownhills and I just missed... August 30, 2015
- August 29th - I nipped down to Stonnall to see a pal and left... August 29, 2015
- August 28th - On an early afternoon run home from work, a... August 29, 2015
- That unusual plant I asked about... August 29, 2015
- August 27th - It was a clear, bright moonlit night and I had an... August 28, 2015
- August 27th - Returning to Brownhills that evening, I stopped to... August 28, 2015
- August 26th - I think I was a bit previous on the acorn thing.I... August 28, 2015
- August 26th - Returning late in a glorious golden hour, I... August 28, 2015
- August 25th - Although it was a grey, miserable morning, the... August 25, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- New Hall Mill open this Bank Holiday Monday - come and get crafty!
- Everything went off without a hitch...
- Streets ahead
- No shame in loss for Villans
- As far distant as the millennium
- One and a half centuries
- He staked his all for the miners
- Richard Meanley Anson - a Victim Of World War One - can you help?
- New Hall Mill open right now - come and get crafty!
- January 1990 - Call for flood investigation...
- 2,566,234 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Pelsall planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @BikeShopGirlcom: Ladies, I recently started a FB group "Women Who Bicycle" for badass women to have a safe & inclusive place to talk. h… 58 minutes ago
- RT @catovitch: Cat, fishing: imgur.com/r/funny/1d28Z76 1 hour ago
- RT @urbancyclist: "Fluffed" polaroidblipfoto.com/entry/20851452… See my new daily photo on #polaroid #blipfoto 1 hour ago
- RT @blitzrussia: Look at how casual my friend's dog is, I mean really http://t.co/5JucHWHtDo 1 hour ago
- RT @HippoGriffinus: Walsall Heron, #bird #lake #water http://t.co/Y8HQtnBeNK 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers September 7, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 14, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 21, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Birmingham
This is a followup to the ride cam I did a couple of weeks ago on National Cycle Route 535 down the Plants Brook/New Hall Valley cycleway, from Sutton to Tyburn – here I pick up the route from the Birngham and Fazeley Canal at Tyburn, and finish at Digbeth Junction in the city centre.
Hi folks – here’s something I found last night that I’d forgotten about, that ties in with my fascination for Birmingham and architecture – and also, my obsession with well-crafted language.
Just lately, I’ve found myself in lots of intense discussions – several on social media – about architecture, old buildings, history and the way we view the past; these discussions often sadden me and I need to get something off my chest.
Well, it’s that time of year again, and yesterday I hopped on the Midland Red went to Birmingham to visit the Christmas Market and enjoy the sights and sounds of the city at Christmas. I love Birmingham as readers will know, … Continue reading
As is usual, today I visited Erdington Bike Jumble, the yearly tat-bazaar for cyclists that always takes place the first Saturday in March.
Still labouring over a warm hard drive here, so while I prepare some stuff for tomorrow, why not have a look around a YouTube channel that’s getting quite a bit of local attention?
Mindful of the day and occasion, regular contributor and blog stalwart Peter ‘Pedro’ Cutler wrote to me with an interesting couple of things to check out relating to the Second World War and Birmingham – I wasn’t aware of either, and they’ve been eye-openers, to be quite honest. Continue reading