Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 24th - Further on, at Sandhills, a fine crop of maize.... July 24, 2014
- July 24th - One of the sights of summer I’ve so far missed... July 24, 2014
- July 23rd - Riding back home this evening, something shiny in... July 23, 2014
- July 23rd - in the Goscote Valley on my way to work, as the day... July 23, 2014
- July 22nd - The Mad Old Baggage noted the other day that... July 22, 2014
- July 22nd - I think this must be the earliest I’ve ever... July 22, 2014
- July 21st - The lads are still working hard in a field further... July 21, 2014
- 21st July - It’s been a lovely day, but the ride home was... July 21, 2014
- July 20th - A day coloured mainly by the sad news of the loss of... July 20, 2014
- July 20th - Last week, I noted a quantity of sectional piling... July 20, 2014
- July 19th - I was still suffering with my left foot, so rest was... July 20, 2014
- July 19th - I see this wonderful Christiana cargo bike about a... July 20, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Brownhills canal indecent exposure incident
- Assault on dog walker in Brownhills: take care people
- Brownhills Indecent Exposure incident - e-fit photo released
- Funeral arrangements for Gareth Perrins-Seedhouse
- Body found in search for missing lady Amanda Hawkins
- On the loss of a great, great man
- 2014 Walsall local election results - there may be trouble ahead
- Browhills canal assault: police issue statement
- Shire Oak's buried secret...
- What's this stuff about, then?
- 1,539,721 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Ordnance Survey Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Supertramp – Take The Long Way Home - Live At Wembley/1979
- Supertramp – Oh Darling - Live In Miami/1979
- Supertramp – Breakfast In America - Live At Wembley/1979
- Supertramp – Goodbye Stranger - Live At Pavillon de Paris/1979
- Supertramp – The Logical Song - Live At Pavillon de Paris/1979
- Supertramp – Child Of Vision - Remastered Version/2010
- Supertramp – Casual Conversations - Remastered Version/2010
- Supertramp – Just Another Nervous Wreck - Remastered Version/2010
- Supertramp – Lord Is It Mine - Remastered Version/2010
- Supertramp – Take The Long Way Home - Remastered Version/2010
- Chasewater Craft & Farmers Market August 3, 2014 at 10:00 am – 3:00 pm Monthly craft & farmers market run by Bohemian Bunty http://br ownhillsbob.com/2014/04/17/new-craft-and-farmers-market-coming-soon-to-chas ewater/ https://www.facebook.com/events/663879640343062
Tag Archives: Bandstand
This coming Saturday (7th June 2014) there’s a cracker of an event happening in Walsall Arboretum – the Environment Day features all the best is local music, seminars, stalls and all things green and environmentally sound, from gardening to organics and birds to bat advice!
Continue reading →
Following the massive success of the annual Bands on the Beacon event, and the fun that was The Bandstand Marathon in 2012 and the Arboretum Big Gig of last year, Walsall’s parks team are really pushing the boat out for live music and events this year.
Continue reading →
Top Walsall Council bod Kate Goodall contacted me to ask if I could plug the Christmas Carol Concert at Walsall Arboretum -it is to be held in the beautifully refurbished bandstand tomorrow, Saturday 21st December 2013, from 1:00pm to 2:00pm.
This Sunday 21st July 2013, the Chuckery Festival finishes in spectacular style – from 12pm to 6pm, there will be another afternoon of great live music at the Bandstand in Walsall Arboretum, and what’s more, it’s free.
[caption id="attachment_14869" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Plenty of folk on bikes today, which was good to see[/caption] Continue reading →
Well, I nearly missed it due to other commitments, and like the Bands on the Beacon, I arrived late, but Our Big Gig in Walsall Arboretum this afternoon was brilliant – I can honestly say it was a cracking event the restored Arboretum basked in the sunshine, and Walsall, in all it’s diversity, came out to enjoy an afternoon of music and fun.
[caption id="attachment_14857" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Dalbir sings Jessie J whilst giving Table pro tips to a young apprentice[/caption] Continue reading →
Following the massive success of Bands on the Beacon a couple of weeks ago, the summer of great open-air music in Walsall continues today, Sunday July 14th 2013 with The Big Gig in Walsall Arboretum Continue reading →
Following the massive success of Bands on the Beacon last weekend, and a very popular event in Bloxwich, the summer of great open-air music in Walsall continues on July 14th with The Big Gig in Walsall Arboretum. Again, this is … Continue reading →
Both Ian Morton-Jones and Kate Goodall contacted me this week to ask me to plug the Christmas Carol Concert at Walsall Arboretum. It is to be held in the newly refurbished bandstand today, Saturday 15th December 2012, from 1:30pm to 2:30pm. It’s free, and will make for a welcome, relaxing break from Christmas shopping.
Well, it was a nice day, and bikes were welcome, so I toddled along to the Bandstand Marathon in Walsall Arboretum. I can honestly say it was a cracking event. The restored Arboretum basked in the autumn sunshine, and Walsall, … Continue reading →
That there Kate Goodall and top chap Ian Morton Jones from Walsall Council have been raving about this top event for some weeks now, so I thought I’d give it a plug on the blog. It’s a total repost from … Continue reading →
Ian Morton-Jones writes to me from the grey Lubyanka that is Walsall’s Civic Centre to alert me of a wonderful, free event going down in the Arboretum in Walsall on Sunday, 9th September. Ian’s appealing for stallholders, too, so if … Continue reading →
I notice the good folks at the Express & Star still seem to be having trouble with accuracy on their local patch. This puff piece, pointlessly punted for Walsall Council’s Arboretum revamp project would be fine if the hapless hack … Continue reading →