Because you’re free to read this blog
- March 4th - Spring is really here. It’s not just the... March 5, 2015
- March 4th - A beautiful day, but still windy. The golden light... March 5, 2015
- March 3rd - I was quite lucky with this, too; also handheld. The... March 3, 2015
- March 3rd - Cold, windy. Horrid journeys to work, fast and fun... March 3, 2015
- March 2nd - Spotted in Darlaston in Victoria Park - is that a... March 3, 2015
- March 2nd - Fiddling with a next camera. After a brief... March 3, 2015
- March 1st - I noted with some curiosity that earlier that day,... March 2, 2015
- March 1st - On a distinctly un-springlike day, I headed into... March 2, 2015
- February 28th - Meanwhile, back in Brownhills, Silver Court... March 1, 2015
- February 28th - Another grey, dull day, with a worsening wind. I... March 1, 2015
- February 27th - I had to pop into Aldridge on my way home and... March 1, 2015
- February 27th - A lot of the history of Brownhills, Walsall Wood... March 1, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- February 1993 - Dead-end village as bridge is renewed
- Small increments
- Rebuild it and they will come – a great post by Christine Howles
- Walsall Wood draw with The Mikes yet again!
- An unearned income
- Space, air and light
- A lost line
- Court out
- The Acropolis cafe shuts; Middle Oak to close and B&M to open in Focus, Aldridge
- January 1993 - Drugs Indifference
- 2,123,844 hits
- 2013 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @MirrorPolitics: This Barnett Formula nonsense. Poor old Lord Barnett only came up with the idea as short-term fix in 1978 #bbcqt 7 hours ago
- RT @mostly_grumpy: In a parallel universe Danny Alexander is a Little Chef regional manager. #bbcqt 7 hours ago
- RT @PlashingVole: Vote Tory, get @toadmeister gloating smugly in your face for ever. #bbcqt plus all the deprivation, corruption etc. but b… 7 hours ago
- RT @EmmaBurnell_: Two days ago @YouGov had the Tories four points ahead. Today it's us. I will treat these two imposters just the same. 7 hours ago
- RT @lukeakehurst: This sectarian crap disgusts me: leftfutures.org/2015/03/blairs… 7 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Stephen Stills – Right Now
- Stephen Stills – What To Do
- Stephen Stills – The Love Gangster
- Stephen Stills – Move Around
- Stephen Stills – How Far
- Stephen Stills – Bound To Fall
- Stephen Stills – Johnny's Garden
- Stephen Stills – It Doesn't Matter
- Stephen Stills – Don't Look at My Shadow
- Stephen Stills – Hide It So Deep
- Chasewater Strollers March 9, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers March 16, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers March 23, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: axe
Things seem to be going a bit awry at Walsall Council of late.
I notice from a report in yesterday’s Walsall Express & Star that park rangers in Walsall will be cut in April 2013 from 23 to 10 posts. This is despite a theoretically ongoing ‘budget consultation’, and totally contrary to statements made to Linda Mason and Roger Jones, of Save Walsall’s Green Spaces and Countryside Services, by Walsall Council officers Jamie Morris and Mark Holden.
In all the debate about the greenspace in Walsall, and the approach of our civic leaders towards this valuable asset, one comment made by a reader here stuck in many minds. I personally found it jarring, and somewhat misguided.
The post was Spirit of the Greenwood, and the comment went as follows:
Following the protest on Monday, 19th November outside the Council House in Walsall, lead members of the Save Walsall’s Greenspace and Country Services Group, Linda Mason and Roger Jones attended a meeting with Walsall Council officers Jamie Morris and Mark Holden.
Nice to see a good turnout last night for the Save Walsall’s Green Spaces and Countryside Services Group protest vigil at the Council House, where a meeting of the Council was taking place. Following publicity throughout the Walsall online community, and much hard work on the part of concerned protestors, it’s becoming clear that the message is getting through to our elected representatives.
Continue reading →
There’s a great post up now on the blog of the campaign to Save Walsalls Green Spaces and Countryside Services. This is the subject I’ve been banging on about so much recently.
Written by Roger ‘Ziksby’ Jones, and featuring his artwork, the post is a wonderful expression of the aims and urgency of the group.
Continue reading →
I noticed last week that heathland improvement works were planned by Walsall’s Counctry Services team – that’s the rangers I’ve posted so much about lately – at Shire Oak Park Local Nature Reserve in Brownhills.
Continue reading →
People concerned about cuts to Walsall Countryside Services, the Ranger Team and related issues – as outlined here previously – can now sign the petition over at Walsall Council’s website. It’s completely electronic, and is administered as part of Walsall’s Democratic Services. If the petition gets enough support, it will be raised at full council.
Continue reading →