Because you’re free to read this blog
- April 20th - And in Telford, all along the cycleways from... April 20, 2015
- April 20th - A shock this morning. I had a train to catch so... April 20, 2015
- April 19th - I still wasn’t feeling great, and added to which I... April 20, 2015
- April 19th - Sometimes it’s necessary to point out the less... April 20, 2015
- I passed by the entrance to Shire Oak Quarry in the early... April 19, 2015
- April 18th - Not far today, I was busy and weary with a rough... April 18, 2015
- April 17th - Another harbinger of spring: bluebells. First I’ve... April 17, 2015
- April 17th - Awfully long range photos, but the group of deer... April 17, 2015
- April 16th - Jockey Meadows between Sheffield and Walsall Wood... April 17, 2015
- April 16th - The greening continues. Darlaston is getting really... April 17, 2015
- April 15th - Shelfied, just on the marooned triangle of land... April 16, 2015
- April 15th - On my commute home, on the Walsall Canal. in a... April 16, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Urgent! Bike stolen from Brownhills
- Open Mike
- Sorry folks...
- Urgent: Spate of thefts and burglaries in Brownhills
- Brownhills - leading the way in innovative greetings
- February 1994 - Local trader purchases derelict buildings
- Nicked bike alert!
- Eaton beaten by Woodmen
- Chasewater Spring Fair this Sunday!
- Mapping heaven - the right side of the street
- 2,237,984 hits
- 2013 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @IndyPolitics: Rupert Murdoch berated Sun journalists for not doing enough to attack Ed Miliband ind.pn/1DF1Vxu 5 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking Not bad for a Monday: ift.tt/1bmz4ox 6 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking A sinister presence: ift.tt/1D7k9nv 6 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking High contrast: ift.tt/1O8ZjQx 6 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking Red in tooth and claw: ift.tt/1O8YCXg 6 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Steve Reich – Radio Rewrite: II. Slow
- Steve Reich – Radio Rewrite: I. Fast
- Steve Reich – Piano Counterpoint
- Steve Reich – Electric Counterpoint: III. Fast
- Steve Reich – Electric Counterpoint: II. Slow
- Steve Reich – Electric Counterpoint: I. Fast
- China Crisis – Working With Fire And Steel
- China Crisis – Blue Sea
- China Crisis – The World Spins, I'm Part Of It
- China Crisis – Bigger The Punch I'm Feeling
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: axe
Things seem to be going a bit awry at Walsall Council of late.
I notice from a report in yesterday’s Walsall Express & Star that park rangers in Walsall will be cut in April 2013 from 23 to 10 posts. This is despite a theoretically ongoing ‘budget consultation’, and totally contrary to statements made to Linda Mason and Roger Jones, of Save Walsall’s Green Spaces and Countryside Services, by Walsall Council officers Jamie Morris and Mark Holden.
In all the debate about the greenspace in Walsall, and the approach of our civic leaders towards this valuable asset, one comment made by a reader here stuck in many minds. I personally found it jarring, and somewhat misguided.
The post was Spirit of the Greenwood, and the comment went as follows:
Following the protest on Monday, 19th November outside the Council House in Walsall, lead members of the Save Walsall’s Greenspace and Country Services Group, Linda Mason and Roger Jones attended a meeting with Walsall Council officers Jamie Morris and Mark Holden.
Nice to see a good turnout last night for the Save Walsall’s Green Spaces and Countryside Services Group protest vigil at the Council House, where a meeting of the Council was taking place. Following publicity throughout the Walsall online community, and much hard work on the part of concerned protestors, it’s becoming clear that the message is getting through to our elected representatives.
Continue reading →
There’s a great post up now on the blog of the campaign to Save Walsalls Green Spaces and Countryside Services. This is the subject I’ve been banging on about so much recently.
Written by Roger ‘Ziksby’ Jones, and featuring his artwork, the post is a wonderful expression of the aims and urgency of the group.
Continue reading →
I noticed last week that heathland improvement works were planned by Walsall’s Counctry Services team – that’s the rangers I’ve posted so much about lately – at Shire Oak Park Local Nature Reserve in Brownhills.
Continue reading →
People concerned about cuts to Walsall Countryside Services, the Ranger Team and related issues – as outlined here previously – can now sign the petition over at Walsall Council’s website. It’s completely electronic, and is administered as part of Walsall’s Democratic Services. If the petition gets enough support, it will be raised at full council.
Continue reading →