Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 12th - I note with interest that the Four Crosses at... October 13, 2015
- October 12th - At the moment, with continued decent (but nippy!)... October 13, 2015
- October 11th - A gentle run along the canal back to Brownhills... October 11, 2015
- October 11th - The fly agaric are fairly profuse in the usual... October 11, 2015
- October 10th - A spin around Brownhills on a grey afternoon on... October 11, 2015
- October 10th - I suspect this chap, getting some compact and... October 11, 2015
- greedygardener: Kings Heath park October 11, 2015
- October 9th - While in Birmingham, I passed under what used to... October 11, 2015
- October 9th - Oh, hi Bill Drummond. Are you here for a while, or... October 11, 2015
- October 9th - Out of work at lunchtime, and off to Brum on an... October 11, 2015
- October 9th - A beautiful autumn morning on Walsall’s canals,... October 9, 2015
- October 8th - I was right about the rain and the fungi. On... October 9, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- 2,673,805 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Dunno, or maybe public. 34 minutes ago
- Tip for youngsters out there: check who you're messaging before you send that risqué selfie. This has been a pubic service announcement. 34 minutes ago
- RT @jezhiggins: @russel_winder "No, he didn't fall in with a bad crowd. He just shut himself in his bedroom, with the games console and tv … 36 minutes ago
- RT @jezhiggins: But they won't, because then we couldn't have all the hand-wringing and people phoning in saying "my lad was great until FI… 36 minutes ago
- RT @jezhiggins: They could rephrase the question as "does not doing your homework damage your education?", because that's what we're talkin… 36 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers October 19, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers October 26, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers November 2, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: axe
Excellent news from Councillor Steve Wade on the future of the 56 bus service from Brownhills to Birmingham following his meeting with Travel West Midlands last Thursday.
The controversy over the withdrawal of the Diamond Buses 56 service from Brownhills to Walsall refuses to die down, and there’s now an online petition you can sign in support of the service and Councillor Steve Wade’s efforts to save it.
Following from the tipoff from Gina Young about the possible withdrawal by Diamond busses of their 56 service between Brownhills West and Birmingham, the company have confirmed the termination with the following statement issued late yesterday afternoon (Tuesday 15th September 2015):
It seems there might be bad news for uses of the Diamond Buses 56 route from Brownhills to Birmingham – yesterday I had the following email from passenger Gina Young:
Continue reading →
Things seem to be going a bit awry at Walsall Council of late.
I notice from a report in yesterday’s Walsall Express & Star that park rangers in Walsall will be cut in April 2013 from 23 to 10 posts. This is despite a theoretically ongoing ‘budget consultation’, and totally contrary to statements made to Linda Mason and Roger Jones, of Save Walsall’s Green Spaces and Countryside Services, by Walsall Council officers Jamie Morris and Mark Holden.
In all the debate about the greenspace in Walsall, and the approach of our civic leaders towards this valuable asset, one comment made by a reader here stuck in many minds. I personally found it jarring, and somewhat misguided.
The post was Spirit of the Greenwood, and the comment went as follows:
Following the protest on Monday, 19th November outside the Council House in Walsall, lead members of the Save Walsall’s Greenspace and Country Services Group, Linda Mason and Roger Jones attended a meeting with Walsall Council officers Jamie Morris and Mark Holden.