Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 28th - At Clayhanger, the Mallard family that numbered four... May 29, 2015
- May 28th - I came past Jockey Meadows in the early evening on my... May 29, 2015
- May 27th - He was there again, the cat I notice a lot in the... May 29, 2015
- May 27th - I guess a lost balloon is a reflection on the sadness... May 29, 2015
- May 26th - Around the corner, the new housing development at... May 26, 2015
- May 26th - I had cause to visit Walsall Wood on my way home, on... May 26, 2015
- May 25th - On the Plants Brook/New Hall Valley cycle route NCN... May 26, 2015
- May 25th - I’ve found a little oasis I never realised existed,... May 26, 2015
- madoldbaggage: Spring flowers etc this bank holiday weekend at... May 25, 2015
- May 24th - The wildflowers and blossom are wonderful this year.... May 25, 2015
- May 24th - The Watermead swan family in Brownhills are doing... May 25, 2015
- May 23rd - On my way home, I rode past the JCB plant at... May 25, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Flour power
- Oil, fire and water
- Brownhills real ale and cider festival 2015
- December 1994 - ￼Is the government really fit to govern?
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust - May public meeting tonight!
- Fun activity event for kids on this morning at Brownhills Library
- It'll soon be time for the 2015 Brownhills Canalside Festival
- Light flight
- Why not visit a local working water mill today?
- Do you remember Brownhills United?
- 2,324,441 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- #lastfm Artists: Stephen Stills (69), China Crisis (45), Neil Halstead (33), Marshall Crenshaw (31) & Brewer & .. bit.ly/dqDTtd 27 minutes ago
- Brownhills real ale and cider festival 2015 wp.me/pvAxA-6uz via @brownhillsbob 2 hours ago
- Flour power wp.me/pvAxA-6tC via @brownhillsbob 11 hours ago
- RT @twcuddleston: For those who haven't seen it, I wrote an article for the guardian explaining why 16 +17 y/o's should have a vote http://… 11 hours ago
- Er, what? http://t.co/oDNh7wuhik 11 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Steve Reich – Radio Rewrite: II. Slow
- Steve Reich – Radio Rewrite: I. Fast
- Steve Reich – Piano Counterpoint
- Steve Reich – Electric Counterpoint: III. Fast
- Steve Reich – Electric Counterpoint: II. Slow
- Steve Reich – Electric Counterpoint: I. Fast
- Steve Reich – Radio Rewrite: V. Fast
- Steve Reich – Radio Rewrite: IV. Slow
- Steve Reich – Radio Rewrite: III. Fast
- Steve Reich – Radio Rewrite: II. Slow
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: arboretum
I’ve had this one in preparation for a while, and to paraphrase, it’s an absolute boster of a post – regular readers will remember with fondness Ruth Penrhyn-Lowe, who has previously sent scans of some remarkable postcards of Brownhills, a stunning large set of Aldridge, and another bunch from Aldridge and Stubbers Green – all of which were collected by her late father.
This coming Saturday (7th June 2014) there’s a cracker of an event happening in Walsall Arboretum – the Environment Day features all the best is local music, seminars, stalls and all things green and environmentally sound, from gardening to organics and birds to bat advice!
Continue reading →
Following the massive success of the annual Bands on the Beacon event, and the fun that was The Bandstand Marathon in 2012 and the Arboretum Big Gig of last year, Walsall’s parks team are really pushing the boat out for live music and events this year.
Continue reading →
Top Walsall Council bod Kate Goodall contacted me to ask if I could plug the Christmas Carol Concert at Walsall Arboretum -it is to be held in the beautifully refurbished bandstand tomorrow, Saturday 21st December 2013, from 1:00pm to 2:00pm.
This Sunday 21st July 2013, the Chuckery Festival finishes in spectacular style – from 12pm to 6pm, there will be another afternoon of great live music at the Bandstand in Walsall Arboretum, and what’s more, it’s free.
[caption id="attachment_14869" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Plenty of folk on bikes today, which was good to see[/caption] Continue reading →
Well, I nearly missed it due to other commitments, and like the Bands on the Beacon, I arrived late, but Our Big Gig in Walsall Arboretum this afternoon was brilliant – I can honestly say it was a cracking event the restored Arboretum basked in the sunshine, and Walsall, in all it’s diversity, came out to enjoy an afternoon of music and fun.
[caption id="attachment_14857" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Dalbir sings Jessie J whilst giving Table pro tips to a young apprentice[/caption] Continue reading →
Following the massive success of Bands on the Beacon a couple of weeks ago, the summer of great open-air music in Walsall continues today, Sunday July 14th 2013 with The Big Gig in Walsall Arboretum Continue reading →