Because you’re free to read this blog
- I passed by the entrance to Shire Oak Quarry in the early... April 19, 2015
- April 18th - Not far today, I was busy and weary with a rough... April 18, 2015
- April 17th - Another harbinger of spring: bluebells. First I’ve... April 17, 2015
- April 17th - Awfully long range photos, but the group of deer... April 17, 2015
- April 16th - Jockey Meadows between Sheffield and Walsall Wood... April 17, 2015
- April 16th - The greening continues. Darlaston is getting really... April 17, 2015
- April 15th - Shelfied, just on the marooned triangle of land... April 16, 2015
- April 15th - On my commute home, on the Walsall Canal. in a... April 16, 2015
- April 15th - Zipping over to Tipton and Great Bridge on a sunny... April 16, 2015
- April 14th - You think there’s nothing that could match the... April 14, 2015
- April 14th - A sunny, warm moring. A run through a Wednesbury... April 14, 2015
- Cycling from Aldridge to Westminster (not actually cycling there, that would be daft) April 13, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Chasewater Spring Fair this Sunday!
- February 1994 - Local trader purchases derelict buildings
- It must be election time
- Sunday Chasewater Craft & Farmers Market cancelled - but Whittington on this morning
- January 1994 - Are we being pushed out again?
- Weaving the Canes
- Badgers cull Woodmen
- Walsall Wood away to Long Eaton at Grange Park this afternoon
- Five treated after three vehicle collision in Brownhills High Street
- Free talk on Heritage at Risk tonight!
- 2,230,906 hits
- 2013 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @Naz_Faulkner: @leftferret Immigration and a referendum on the EU are not my main concerns either. 10 minutes ago
- RT @Okwonga: Please share if of interest: my series of tweets on the UK media's dehumanisation of migrants: sfy.co/d0Uzv #Lampedu… 10 minutes ago
- RT @LHCRT1: If you can help with our big "Daffodil rescue mission", please meet at the @oddfellowsboat at 10.30am tomorrow. 12 minutes ago
- RT @LHCRT1: Anyone free tomorrow? We need help moving some daffodils from the canal channel at Summerhill before they get flattened by the … 12 minutes ago
- RT @PrimlyStable: Kickstarter to deliver 25,000 live cockroaches to Hopkins' house. 13 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Tangerine Dream – Force Majeure (Excerpt)
- Tangerine Dream – Cloudburst Flight
- Tangerine Dream – Ricochet (Part Two) - Live
- Tangerine Dream – Kiew Mission
- Tangerine Dream – Cinnamon Road
- Tangerine Dream – Cherokee Lane - Live;Edit
- Tangerine Dream – Choronzon
- Tangerine Dream – Stratosfear (excerpt)
- Tangerine Dream – Rubycon (Part One) (Excerpt)
- Tangerine Dream – Phaedra (Excerpt)
- Chasewater Strollers April 20, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: arboretum
I’ve had this one in preparation for a while, and to paraphrase, it’s an absolute boster of a post – regular readers will remember with fondness Ruth Penrhyn-Lowe, who has previously sent scans of some remarkable postcards of Brownhills, a stunning large set of Aldridge, and another bunch from Aldridge and Stubbers Green – all of which were collected by her late father.
This coming Saturday (7th June 2014) there’s a cracker of an event happening in Walsall Arboretum – the Environment Day features all the best is local music, seminars, stalls and all things green and environmentally sound, from gardening to organics and birds to bat advice!
Continue reading →
Following the massive success of the annual Bands on the Beacon event, and the fun that was The Bandstand Marathon in 2012 and the Arboretum Big Gig of last year, Walsall’s parks team are really pushing the boat out for live music and events this year.
Continue reading →
Top Walsall Council bod Kate Goodall contacted me to ask if I could plug the Christmas Carol Concert at Walsall Arboretum -it is to be held in the beautifully refurbished bandstand tomorrow, Saturday 21st December 2013, from 1:00pm to 2:00pm.
This Sunday 21st July 2013, the Chuckery Festival finishes in spectacular style – from 12pm to 6pm, there will be another afternoon of great live music at the Bandstand in Walsall Arboretum, and what’s more, it’s free.
[caption id="attachment_14869" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Plenty of folk on bikes today, which was good to see[/caption] Continue reading →
Well, I nearly missed it due to other commitments, and like the Bands on the Beacon, I arrived late, but Our Big Gig in Walsall Arboretum this afternoon was brilliant – I can honestly say it was a cracking event the restored Arboretum basked in the sunshine, and Walsall, in all it’s diversity, came out to enjoy an afternoon of music and fun.
[caption id="attachment_14857" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Dalbir sings Jessie J whilst giving Table pro tips to a young apprentice[/caption] Continue reading →
Following the massive success of Bands on the Beacon a couple of weeks ago, the summer of great open-air music in Walsall continues today, Sunday July 14th 2013 with The Big Gig in Walsall Arboretum Continue reading →