Because you’re free to read this blog
- June 30th - Looking almost frosted on the warmest day of the... July 1, 2015
- June 30th - There’s a Matt Smith fan in Darlaston - what else... July 1, 2015
- June 29th - Intrigued and saddened to see the Four Crosses pub... June 30, 2015
- June 29th - I’m loving the orchids this year - they seem to have... June 29, 2015
- faz0la: I saw this friendly chap in the garden of a cottage I... June 29, 2015
- faz0la: My post morning jog view. June 29, 2015
- June 28th - Later in the day, I had to run into Aldridge on an... June 29, 2015
- June 28th - Feeling better, and a trundle to Brownhills... June 29, 2015
- June 27th - Spotted by the canalside, growing from the... June 29, 2015
- June 27th - I was suffering with both a dodgy stomach and bad... June 29, 2015
- June 26th - Back near Lower Stonnal, a noxious assault of a... June 27, 2015
- June 26 - I’ve not had to go to Telford for ages, and was... June 27, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Get with the programme: Brownhills Carnival 1939
- Pictures from the 2015 Brownhills Canalside Festival
- Chartered flight
- The Royal Oak, Bullings Heath: Explorations in local history
- 2015 Brownhills Canalside Festival on today!
- Aldridge Cinema - come see The Lego Movie this afternoon!
- Urgent - dog stolen from Brownhills - can you help?
- I remember it well... I was there. Or was I?
- Funeral arrangements for Gareth Perrins-Seedhouse
- Film footage of Brownhills Carnival, 1934
- 2,409,397 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @AwwwwCats: Hitman Cat gets no joy from his job http://t.co/DA8wMWsjfS 8 hours ago
- RT @billythebez: Wow! The U.S. and Cuba are going to re-open embassies. I wonder if the CIA will ask for their exploding cigars back. 8 hours ago
- This could well gie @thestymaster an IT boner blog.lenovo.com/en/blog/retro-… 8 hours ago
- Nice bloke. Bet he’d love ISIS if he gave them a go patheos.com/blogs/progress… 8 hours ago
- RT @tommykaboom: I become decent human being when I've had a couple of beers. 8 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Strollers July 6, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers July 13, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers July 20, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Aldridge
Ever since I posted that B&M were moving into the old Focus DIY store on Northgate, between Aldridge and Walsall Wood, I’ve been contacted by people either swearing it will be an Asda (nope) or doubting what I said – well, work has continued on the empty building and it’s now in B&M colours, and vacancies have now been posted for a ‘new Aldridge store’ on the B&M website.
I’ve just spotted this one from friends of the blog Linda Mason (and others) – there’s a canal festival today at Longwood basin, just off the Aldridge Road between Aldridge and Walsall.
Continue reading →
I notice from a number of sources and circulating social media that police and schools in Aldridge and Streetly are warning parents about an incident in Berry Drive, Aldridge on Monday, June 8th 2015.
Continue reading →
This afternoon at 2:30pm (Saturday 23rd May 2015), Aldridge Cinema are showing family feelgood film Big Hero 6. – it’s just £4 a ticket and normal popcorn and drinks are only 50p.
Continue reading →
Here’s a great image sent to my by friend of the blog and community activist Linda Mason, who’s still turning out some of the greatest blog posts in Walsall but rarely gets the attention they merit.
Well, Walsall politics is never dull and following the surprise routing of Labour nationally, despite strong performance from their local Parliamentary candidates, Walsall Council swung back within reach of the Conservatives following the local election count this afternoon.
Here’s a great thing from Russell Smith, the human dynamo behind the very successful Aldridge Community Cinema project – Russell has organised a hustings for the Aldridge-Brownhills parliamentary constituency, where candidates to be our next MP have been invited to attend and take questions from members of the public.
Continue reading →