Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 1st - And when I say frenetic, I mean frenetic. Look... September 2, 2015
- September 1st - Today, for the first time in ages, I had to go... September 2, 2015
- August 31st - I rode out via Canwell and Middleton to Middleton... September 1, 2015
- August 31st - Couldn’t stay in on August Bank Holiday Monday,... August 31, 2015
- August 30th - This time of year is mostly about fruits, and this... August 31, 2015
- August 30th - A grey day, but I needed a ride. It’s been a few... August 31, 2015
- August 29th - My apologies to the toad-phobics, but I had to... August 30, 2015
- August 29th - A late rove around Brownhills and I just missed... August 30, 2015
- August 29th - I nipped down to Stonnall to see a pal and left... August 29, 2015
- August 28th - On an early afternoon run home from work, a... August 29, 2015
- That unusual plant I asked about... August 29, 2015
- August 27th - It was a clear, bright moonlit night and I had an... August 28, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Warning - Ogley Road partially closed at High Street junction from next Monday
- Rare bike stolen from Aldridge - police issue more CCTV images
- Rare bike stolen from Aldridge - please keep an eye out
- Major road closes this Sunday for 7 weeks: be prepared
- Upcoming road closures in Brownhills
- What's this stuff about, then?
- Photos from the 2015 Brownhills Community Fun Day
- Marching through the memories
- One and a half centuries
- B&M coming to Aldridge - vacancies now being advertised
- 2,572,835 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers September 7, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 14, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 21, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Aldridge
West Midlands Police have this morning issued a statement about the bike theft from the Shell Petrol Station in Northgate, Aldridge featured here yesterday, together with more detail and further images of the suspect and vehicle.
Can I please ask readers to be on the lookout for the above Santa Cruz Nomad bike, stolen from the Shell petrol station on Northgate at around 5:45pm on Thursday, 20th August 2015?
There’s currently a Dalek invasion happening at Aston Manor Road Transport Museum in Aldridge where the wheeled Who-botherers will be entertaining visitors and scaring the staff all day today (Sunday 23rd August 2015) from 10:30am until late afternoon.
Here’s just a bit of news I picked up off the grapevine, so I’m not 100% sure of the accuracy but I’m hearing that the long-serving and dedicated Doug Birch MBE has stood down from the Chair of Brownhills Local Committee for health reasons.
There’s a discussion currently ongoing in the background between contributors the the Brownhills blog about our area during wartime, and the kind of effect the Second World War had on Brownhills and the wider area as a whole – we’re interested primarily in what people remember, or stories they were told about air raids in the locality.
Continue reading →
To continue the rash of parish notices, tomorrow (Sunday 5th July 2015) sees the Rosie’s Charity Walk and Festival in aid of the wonderful Rosie’s Helping Hands Charity – I’m sure readers know the story of how the charity started, and now in the fourteenth year, this event raises a whole lot of cash for local good causes and proves that good things really can come from tragedy.
Continue reading →
Ever since I posted that B&M were moving into the old Focus DIY store on Northgate, between Aldridge and Walsall Wood, I’ve been contacted by people either swearing it will be an Asda (nope) or doubting what I said – well, work has continued on the empty building and it’s now in B&M colours, and vacancies have now been posted for a ‘new Aldridge store’ on the B&M website.