Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 22nd - Further on from the flytipped mattress, my dark... September 22, 2014
- September 22nd - Cycling down Green Lane between Shelfield and... September 22, 2014
- September 21st - A horrid, horrid day. Laden with a cold, the... September 22, 2014
- September 20th - Must have passed this garden backing onto the... September 22, 2014
- September 20th - Things were still grey and the air quality... September 22, 2014
- September 19th - After a languid Indian summer, the sudden dull,... September 22, 2014
- September 19th - There seems to be a lot of work going on with... September 22, 2014
- madoldbaggage: Wasn’t sure that my camera would be able to do... September 21, 2014
- September 18th - From the Indian, back to the Indian summer.... September 19, 2014
- September 18th - Ah, Walsall. In how many ways do I love thee? I... September 19, 2014
- September 17th - Recently on Facebook there was some concern... September 19, 2014
- September 17th - The Indian summer continues. It’s very... September 19, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Stepping out - can you help Chasewater Strollers grow?
- Serious accident between car and horse drawn cart near Stonnall
- Spurrells: was this a local company?
- Plan for 200 new homes in central Brownhills approved
- When the engines roared at Wharf Lane
- Walsall Wood take Dunkirk again
- The Terrace Restaurant closes down
- Paint it black
- Shire Oak to be refurbished
- Rare black swan seen at Chasewater
- 1,689,224 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @PlashingVole: If only Lord Bell was as outraged over the actual murder of Allende by his mate Pinochet as he is over the imaginary one … 2 hours ago
- RT @PaulT_staffs: @nessie_w @CWG_sightings Will you ask people who are around Kingswood lakes, to look out for a Stag with a rescue ring st… 2 hours ago
- RT @copenhagenize: RT @ClassicCph: 3 yr old girl missing from DK camping area, last seen on her #bike. Found safe by German couple 6.5 km a… 2 hours ago
- RT @leciz: I love autumn instagram.com/p/tSXCVgsofi/ 2 hours ago
- RT @WalsallCouncil: It's that time of year again! Can you answer our park rangers' pallets plea? bit.ly/1wJ9EGn 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Jonathan Jeremiah – Justified
- Jonathan Jeremiah – That Same Old Line
- Jonathan Jeremiah – See (It Doesn't Bother Me)
- Jonathan Jeremiah – How Half-Heartedly We Behave
- Jonathan Jeremiah – A Solitary Man
- Jonathan Jeremiah – If You Only
- Jonathan Jeremiah – Heart of Stone
- Jonathan Jeremiah – Lost
- Jonathan Jeremiah – Happiness
- Jonathan Jeremiah – Wreck and Ruin
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: Aldridge
Following an incident this evening (Friday, 19th September 2014) a large amount of rumour has been circulating on local social media about the nature of a road traffic accident involving a horse-drawn vehicle on the Chester Road, at Lazy Hill, between Aldridge and Shire Oak.
I’m pleased to note that Brownhills this year won a Silver Gilt Award in the ‘Heart of England in Bloom’ competition – not the kind of thing you’d normally associate with Brownhills, but year after year, the floral displays here have been improving, and this year they looked wonderful.
For early September, there’s an awful lot happening this weekend and I’m making a point of advertising this event, as it’s part something special, and very close to my heart – Black Country Echoes.
This Wednesday, 3rd September 2014 from 10am-12pm, there’s a Walsall Council budget Consultation event in Brownhills Library at The Parkview Centre in Brownhills. Everyone is invited to attend and offer their view on prospect cuts to the local council budget, and Council Officers will be on hand to discuss matters.
This is a nasty one – if anyone has any information, please do come forward and contact Walsall Police or Crimestoppers – on Friday afternoon, 11th July 2014, a 17 year old lad with physical and learning difficulties was robbed in Aldridge of his mobile phone by four youths.
Continue reading →
I was surprised and a bit pleased that Friday’s piece on the political soap opera at Walsall Council received a decent reception and appears to have been quite widely read – but I have to say that there’s a cracking article on the subject been published in the Express & Star today.
I just thought I’d draw reader attention to the following excellent article published yesterday by the Walsall Advertiser, regarding the fallout from the recent Walsall Council elections, and the struggle for control of our divided authority.
Continue reading →