Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 3rd - Further on, and caught in a very grey moment,... September 4, 2015
- September 3rd - I took to the canal on the way home, and... September 4, 2015
- September 2nd - As I squelched past Jockey Meadows, I stopped to... September 4, 2015
- September 2nd - Like most people, I’m holding out for an Indian... September 4, 2015
- September 1st - And when I say frenetic, I mean frenetic. Look... September 2, 2015
- September 1st - Today, for the first time in ages, I had to go... September 2, 2015
- August 31st - I rode out via Canwell and Middleton to Middleton... September 1, 2015
- August 31st - Couldn’t stay in on August Bank Holiday Monday,... August 31, 2015
- August 30th - This time of year is mostly about fruits, and this... August 31, 2015
- August 30th - A grey day, but I needed a ride. It’s been a few... August 31, 2015
- August 29th - My apologies to the toad-phobics, but I had to... August 30, 2015
- August 29th - A late rove around Brownhills and I just missed... August 30, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Flytipping morons strike again
- Rare bike stolen from Aldridge - police issue more CCTV images
- One little Spark is all it takes...
- Warning - Ogley Road partially closed at High Street junction from next Monday
- Hog in the limelight
- Get your music fix at the Chase Inn tonight and all weekend...
- I'm sure there's a perfectly innocent explanation
- Major road closes this Sunday for 7 weeks: be prepared
- What's this stuff about, then?
- Walsall Wood away at Coventry Sphinx this afternoon!
- 2,574,990 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- MiL just came in with an Express & Star. Walsall would be so much better if it was run by them 36 minutes ago
- RT @DelRey: Just ordered one-hour delivery of a shirt. I've become my own worst nightmare. 51 minutes ago
- RT @RogerQuimbly: Guarantee finally receiving a long-awaited important call by putting your phone on charge downstairs and going upstairs f… 59 minutes ago
- RT @london_mush: GPO Tower @dayclyre #Bombsites http://t.co/YmO3bG7j7c 1 hour ago
- RT @danslee: If you're #localgov, #Walsall or like games would you help my man @notejuste reach his kickstarter? Thanks: https://t.co/ShKCr… 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers September 7, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 14, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 21, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: 1959
Here’s an unusual one that came in yesterday afternoon. When I saw the picture kindly supplied by Ian, I immediately thought of the image of a similar charter in Bill Mayo and John Sale’s great book ‘Memories of Old Walsall Wood’, which I include at the foot of the post.
Reader and dedicated local history sort [Howmuch] yesterday spotted this gem from the ever-expanding British Pathe News Archive. It’s newsreel of a powerboat race held at Chasewater in October, 1959 – and shows some wonderful footage of the lake, an … Continue reading