Because you’re free to read this blog
- November 26th - After the wet, grey and unpleasant morning, it... November 26, 2015
- November 26th - Spotted in a works bike rack, this fine steed. A... November 26, 2015
- November 26th - Yet another wet, miserable commute, and I feel I... November 26, 2015
- November 25th - Another good one for Bob’s big book of bizarre... November 25, 2015
- November 25th - Spotted on a damp Darlaston canal towpath just... November 25, 2015
- November 24th - Working very late, I returned sapped of mental... November 25, 2015
- November 23rd - it’s been a while coming this year, but a hard... November 24, 2015
- November 23rd - It was a bitterly cold morning - or at least, it... November 24, 2015
- November 22nd - A run around Brownhills and up to Chasewater on... November 23, 2015
- November 22nd - Time for a warning to local cyclists again.The... November 23, 2015
- November 21st - A late spin around Brownhills after a long day,... November 23, 2015
- November 20th - Spotted in Victoria Park, Darlaston, toadstools... November 23, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Do you know the Perrett family?
- It was different before it all changed
- Can't see The Wood for the trees
- Walsall Wood get Eaton
- New road safety initiative for Brownhills
- Details of Shire Oak Pub refurbishment now available
- The man in the centre
- All that Jasmine - a remarkable treasury
- New Brownhills history book hot off the presses!
- St, Matthews Hospital - can you help?
- 2,789,975 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @FullFact: 89% of people replying to an online poll oppose air strikes in Syria, but that seems out of line with public opinion https://… 2 minutes ago
- RT @BethIsVeryBored: Waiting for any Dean Smith announcement like this @VitalWalsall https://t.co/8woGcpDIwl 3 minutes ago
- RT @CycleSouthBrum: Children who haven’t yet learned to pedal - why not buy a balance bike not a bike with stabilisers? #Cybermonday https:… 5 minutes ago
- RT @gaystarnews: British boxer Tyson Fury accused of 'aggressive homophobia' bit.ly/1jtnsmS #LGBTI https://t.co/ggzHJfoHl6 7 minutes ago
- RT @ArboRangerMark: Come and spend Christmas with the Wild Irish and friends here at the Visitor Centre, December 19th! https://t.co/KYViDW… 8 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers November 30, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers December 7, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers December 14, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers December 21, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: 1940s
This Saturday, 27th June 2015 sees the Pelsall 1940s Wartime Family Fun Day, with lots to see and do in the village, focussed on the common and High Street areas.
Continue reading →
I think readers know I’m keen to support and promote armed forces charities, events and all things Remembrance here on the blog, and so I thought I’d flag up this pair of events being put on by the Royal British Legion’s Pelsall Branch to commemorate Armed Forces Day.
A couple of weeks ago I posted an enquiry by reader Margaret King about the location of a pub her Dad remembered from when he was evacuated to Brownhills as a small boy: he remembered the pub as ‘The Monkey Puzzle’, which had me somewhat perplexed.
Every so often, I get an intriguing question from a reader right out of the blue – and I had just such an enquiry in today which really has me puzzling from reader Margaret King – this concerns a subject we’ve covered a little before, that of wartime evacuees – and one of the favourite historical concerns of readers: local pubs.
I’ve received a fascinating enquiry from reader and friend of the blog Tony Briggs, who sent me a lovely photo, and other than his grandfather William Briggs being in the middle of the group, he knows nothing about it.
Continue reading →
I notice that this Sunday, 4th November 2012, there’s a rather fun looking vintage event being staged at Chasewater Railway by Burntwood-based Always Red Events.
The inaugural event last June was a whole bunch of fun and I enjoyed it immensely. This one promises to be even better, so why not get down there and join in the fun?
I’ll leave the organisers to tell you all about it. I’ll certainly be checking it out…
Continue reading →
From the canal festival, I spun up to Chasewater to check out the vintage event – We’ll Meet Again. I wasn’t sure what to expect with it – I’d found the Jubilee Shindig at the same venue rather lacklustre, if … Continue reading →