Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 4th - And then, there are the oaks I was concerned... September 5, 2015
- September 4th - Apologies for the poor phone photos, I forgot... September 5, 2015
- September 3rd - Further on, and caught in a very grey moment,... September 4, 2015
- September 3rd - I took to the canal on the way home, and... September 4, 2015
- September 2nd - As I squelched past Jockey Meadows, I stopped to... September 4, 2015
- September 2nd - Like most people, I’m holding out for an Indian... September 4, 2015
- September 1st - And when I say frenetic, I mean frenetic. Look... September 2, 2015
- September 1st - Today, for the first time in ages, I had to go... September 2, 2015
- August 31st - I rode out via Canwell and Middleton to Middleton... September 1, 2015
- August 31st - Couldn’t stay in on August Bank Holiday Monday,... August 31, 2015
- August 30th - This time of year is mostly about fruits, and this... August 31, 2015
- August 30th - A grey day, but I needed a ride. It’s been a few... August 31, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Flytipping morons strike again
- Rare bike stolen from Aldridge - police issue more CCTV images
- One little Spark is all it takes...
- Warning - Ogley Road partially closed at High Street junction from next Monday
- Hog in the limelight
- Never forget the old tools
- Get your music fix at the Chase Inn tonight and all weekend...
- Walsall Wood under 18s surprise Villans with second half resurrection
- I'm sure there's a perfectly innocent explanation
- Major road closes this Sunday for 7 weeks: be prepared
- 2,575,241 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- #365daysofbiking Never lose faith: ift.tt/1FpsMMZ 1 hour ago
- #365daysofbiking Sick-amore: ift.tt/1NUiQTC 1 hour ago
- MiL just came in with an Express & Star. Walsall would be so much better if it was run by them 2 hours ago
- RT @DelRey: Just ordered one-hour delivery of a shirt. I've become my own worst nightmare. 2 hours ago
- RT @RogerQuimbly: Guarantee finally receiving a long-awaited important call by putting your phone on charge downstairs and going upstairs f… 3 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers September 7, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 14, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 21, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: 1911
Incisive and tenacious historian Peter ‘Pedro’ Cutler has been quietly continuing his investigations into the Old Hednesford Colliery Disaster, the 1911 accident that was brought to our attention when Reg ‘Are Reg’ Fullelove donated a poem he’d come to have in his collection to the blog.
I must say there hasn’t been enough local history stuff here of late and it has also been too long since I last featured a research article by the incisive and tenacious historian Peter ‘Pedro’ Cutler.
I often get lots of short questions or observations that aren’t, despite my best efforts, big enough to make one post out of; so here are a selection of recent ones which aren’t connected to each other, but I’m thinking readers may be able to help with them, or perhaps they’ll provoke debate.
Following her comments here, reader and local history enthusiast Ann Cross recently accepted my invitation to write about her family history at the Royal Exchange pub in Walsall Wood. When I suggested that she might like to write up her work, I could tell that Ann had a great story to tell, and would tell it very well indeed. I wasn’t disappointed, and the first instalment was incredibly popular with readers of the blog.