Because you’re free to read this blog
- March 27th - Hands up, who knew there were still the ruins of a... March 28, 2015
- March 27th - Sunset over the Tame Valley canal, looking from... March 28, 2015
- March 27th - This seems unusual to me - well developed Canada... March 28, 2015
- March 27th - Another afternoon escape, and I hit the canal... March 28, 2015
- March 26th - Love locks seem to be becoming a thing in the UK... March 27, 2015
- March 26th - It was a tough ride; the wind had been forged on... March 27, 2015
- March 26th - I escaped work early, and despite a fearsome wind,... March 27, 2015
- March 25th - As it happened, I never got to a place where the... March 26, 2015
- March 25th - Cruising down the canal, a great sunset seemed to... March 25, 2015
- March 24th - Compression of the neck… herons are more and... March 25, 2015
- March 24th - From Fallings Heath, the twin sisters of... March 25, 2015
- March 24th - The plague of pink postboxes has spread to... March 25, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- A local mining accident - can you help?
- The times they were a-changin'
- A local mining accident - more information available
- It's all about roots and wings
- In the swim
- Start me up!
- A temperamental old lady
- Aldridge Cinema - come see The Lego Movie this afternoon!
- Music and movement
- The infamous Pier Street - Elizabeth Hampton's memories of Brownhills
- 2,173,781 hits
- 2013 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @thestymaster: @BrownhillsBob "this long, it is, with an end like a baby's arm holding an apple" 2 hours ago
- RT @thestymaster: @Joninwhite @BrownhillsBob It's since been restored, it seems: caminitodelrey.info/en/#2 2 hours ago
- '25 to 11 mate. Don't forget to put your clocks forward.' ianshires.mycouncillor.org.uk/files/2015/03/… 2 hours ago
- RT @thestymaster: @BrownhillsBob This always makes me feel uneasy: youtube.com/watch?v=ZmDhRv… 2 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking Windmills out of mind: ift.tt/1OJLpCd 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Stephen Stills – The Love Gangster
- Stephen Stills – Move Around
- Stephen Stills – How Far
- Stephen Stills – Bound To Fall
- Stephen Stills – Johnny's Garden
- Stephen Stills – It Doesn't Matter
- Stephen Stills – Don't Look at My Shadow
- Stephen Stills – Hide It So Deep
- Stephen Stills – So Begins The Task
- Stephen Stills – Colorado
No upcoming events
Category Archives: Wildlife
Here’s a really nice thing that caught my attention yesterday – fellow local blogger for Clayhanger Marsh and hero of mine (whose mail I must get around to answering, sorry) Chaz Mason has written something wonderful and very, very engaging.
I haven’t done a ride photo post for ages, because to be honest, I haven’t rode much for pleasure this past winter – something I intend to correct now the year is opening out once more.
I’ve had a terrific response to featuring the post last week by Christine Howles of Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust here on the blog, which sought to put right my previous dearth of coverage on this great local canal restoration project.
The following post was written by Christine Howles and posted on her blog las weekend, and I think it’s really well written, and the message it carries is important – I haven’t done nearly enough about the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust here on the blog, and I intend to correct that deficiency over the next few weeks.
Continue reading →
I’m reblogging this from the wonderful Chaz Mason, who I’m sure won’t thank me for doing so – although this is important, and needs to be said, so down the hatch…
Here’s a really positive followup (and what looks at the moment to be a blog exclusive) to a story I featured a couple of weeks ago, when Esther Allen of The Chasewater Strollers parent and toddler group contacted me to publicise their petition against the planned closure of both Burntwood Childrens Centres – otherwise known as ‘Surestart’.
This post is important, and was wholly written by Walsall Council Senior Wildlife Ranger Morgan Bowers (The Reremouse) – this is an issue of huge concern to me, and I repeat the post here as I think it will be a worry to all of us.
Continue reading →