Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 6th - Traffic. Tell me when my red light turns green. I... October 7, 2015
- October 6th - Also looking good in the autumn colour is church... October 7, 2015
- October 6th - A terribly grey morning, spotting with rain and I... October 7, 2015
- October 6th - It’s nice to see a local pub coming back from the... October 6, 2015
- 4th October - And finally, watch out if you’re riding along the... October 5, 2015
- October 4th - The fly agaric are a bit thin on the ground this... October 5, 2015
- October 4th - I have no idea what his name was, but this young... October 5, 2015
- October 4th - A considerably different day, the sun was again... October 5, 2015
- October 3rd - The old railway between Pelsall and Brownhills... October 5, 2015
- October 3rd - A short recovery ride over to Clayhanger Marsh and... October 5, 2015
- October 2nd - The return from Derby was long and leisurely. Lots... October 4, 2015
- October 2nd - As well as Leicester, there will always be a place... October 4, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- 56 bus service: Travel West Midlands to fill the gap
- Funeral arrangements for Michael Cater
- May 1990 - Devastated Wildlife at Clayhanger
- Have you seen Benny the cat?
- Meet Lichfield Discovered over a pint tonight!
- Diamond Busses confirm 56 service to be withdrawn
- Details of Shire Oak Pub refurbishment now available
- Wood boys hold Heanor Lions at bay
- Withdrawal of 56 bus service: Latest news, and please sign the petition!
- Shire Oak Pub refurbishment starts next week!
- 2,646,689 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @breechybaby: @BrownhillsBob might be one of the Wednesday singers' last http://t.co/2wbqJqGOXy 1 hour ago
- RT @RobOnABike: @BrownhillsBob Tough on balti, tough on the causes of balti. 4 hours ago
- RT @jonwalker121: Cameron highlighted Birmingham & Mogadishu in Somalia, home of terror group Al-Shabaab, as having extremism problem http:… 4 hours ago
- Fucking hell twitter.com/jonwalker121/s… 4 hours ago
- RT @BBCBreaking: Church of England expresses "deep shame and regret" over sex assaults by Peter Ball when he was working as a bishop http:… 4 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers October 12, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers October 19, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers October 26, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Category Archives: Wildlife
It is with great sadness that I share with readers the passing of a true friend, not just of the blog, but of our borough – Roger ‘Ziksby’ Jones, who passed away as Aldridge Court Nursing Home on Friday 25th September 2015, after suffering Motor Neurones Disease for some time.
For some time now I’ve been promoting the brilliant parent and toddler walking and social group that takes place weekly at Chasewater – Chasewater Strollers, who continue to grow in number and last week got back to normal business at St. Anne’s in Chasetown.
Continue reading →
Today (20th September 2015) I got chance to go to the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust’s Heritage Gathering at Huddlesford, near Whittington.
It’s a big weekend for the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust who are staging their Heritage Gathering which takes place this Saturday and Sunday (18-19th September 2015) at their canalside Huddlesford base, near Lichfield.
This is just a quick note to warn people given to exploring the open spaces of the area that the deer population are getting amorous – it’s rutting time for our large brown friends, and that means one thing: the heaths around Brownhills, Clayhanger, Pelsall and Chasewater in particular are likely to be host to rather grumpy, aggressive stags guarding their female harems.
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – theres a meeting at 7:00pm this Monday evening 14th September 2015 of the Freinds of Brownhills Common group at the Environmental Depot, 200 Pelsall Road, Brownhills – WS8 7EN – please meet in the reception by 7:00pm.
West Midlands Hedgehog Rescue have an open day planned at The White Horse Pub, Cheslyn Hay this afternoon, Saturday, 5th September 2015 from 12 noon until 4pm.