Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 27th - Just on the canal bank between the Black Cock... August 27, 2014
- August 27th - A run out mid afternoon on an errand. I headed up... August 27, 2014
- August 26th - In the backlanes between Stonnall and Shenstone... August 26, 2014
- August 26th - Even on a grim, grey day, Wall still has a... August 26, 2014
- August 26th - The day was better, I guess, by virtue of being... August 26, 2014
- August 25th - One thing that is good about a wet ride is that it... August 26, 2014
- August 25th - A wet, miserable bank holiday Monday. This was the... August 26, 2014
- August 24th - Aside from the motorcyclists, it was a lovely ride... August 25, 2014
- August 24th - Dam wall path, Chasewater, 8:24pm. Motorbike... August 25, 2014
- August 22nd - At the back of Brickyard Road in Aldridge is a... August 24, 2014
- deantheman: A week in #walsall 23rd August 2014 August 24, 2014
- August 23rd - I had to pop into Aldridge on an errand, and so I... August 23, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Odds and sods
- A gift from Brian...
- Come on down to Mutt Fest!
- This won't hurt - Images of St. Matthews Hospital, Burntwood
- In the Middle
- Please help: New Road, what do we know?
- Down the drive at the side...
- Another glimpse into the past
- Lorry accident in Brownhills in the 1970s - can anyone help?
- Down with the kids
- 1,632,573 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @pheaseyviews: @_davidlucas_ @BrownhillsBob you could always donate to a proper good cause and my efforts in it (hint hint) https://t.co… 3 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking Feeling crabby: ift.tt/1wEQOUo 3 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking Gaining confidence: ift.tt/1tdeQUp 3 hours ago
- RT @_davidlucas_: BREAKING NEWS... It's possible to donate money to charities without having a bucket of ice tipped on you. 3 hours ago
- RT @WhitehallEdits: The “List of Horrible Histories episode” Wikipedia article was just edited anonymously from a UK government computer: h… 3 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Craft & Farmers Market September 7, 2014 at 10:00 am – 3:00 pm Monthly craft & farmers market run by Bohemian Bunty http://br ownhillsbob.com/2014/04/17/new-craft-and-farmers-market-coming-soon-to-chas ewater/ https://www.facebook.com/events/663879640343062
Category Archives: Wildlife
It seems that reader and long time friend of the blog Caz has a somewhat unique talent for finding and reuniting lost property with it’s owners – not content with finding, catching and reuniting last month’s lost canary with it’s keeper, Caz has found a bunch of keys in Green Lane, Walsall Wood. Continue reading →
I’m pleased to see that, in all probability, people power has worked over the issue of the filthy state of the walkways around the boating lake at Chasewater, which this week have been cleaned to a decent standard – you’ll remember that last week, I posted about the disgraceful mess there. Continue reading →
Of late, Lichfield District Councillors and Staffordshire County Council have been cock-a-hoop about Chasewater – they’ve suddenly discovered our local reservoir, and just how fine it is – but there’s a bit of a problem. Continue reading →
An unusual parish notice reaches me from reader and long time friend of the blog Caz – it seems that the colourful birdlife of Walsall Wood is no longer restricted to yaffles, goldfinches, bullfinches and robins – it now extends to canaries, too.
Continue reading →
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – theres a meeting at 7:00pm this evening, Monday 16th June 2014 of the Freinds of Brownhills Common group at the Environmental Depot, 200 Pelsall Road, Brownhills – WS8 7EN – please meet in the reception.
You may remember that a while back I plugged a new parent and toddler walking and social group that was starting up a Chasewater – well, the group is going from strength to strength and is very popular with local parents and little ones who like to take the air, and get out socialising with other likeminded folk.
Are you interested in wildlife, or maybe have a budding David Attenborough or Chris Packham in the family – wnt to bring out your inner Bill Oddie or Simon King – If so, Brownhills Common is the place to be this Friday and Saturday.