Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 30th - Another plant mystery. Are these white currants of... July 30, 2015
- July 30th - Passing through leafy, upmarket Mill Green on the... July 30, 2015
- June 29th - Spotted on the cycleway near Telford station, this... July 29, 2015
- June 29th - Passing through New Street Station early on a sunny,... July 29, 2015
- July 28th - Returning home from Telford, unusually these days, I... July 28, 2015
- July 28th - Called to Telford mid-morning, I hopped on the train... July 28, 2015
- July 27th - It’s the time of year when I dread getting stopped... July 27, 2015
- July 27th - I awoke to a better day. It was warm again and the... July 27, 2015
- July 26th - Everything was wet. Hour after hour of rain.I could... July 26, 2015
- July 26th - In heavy rain, a flotilla of swans. not far from the... July 26, 2015
- July 26th - The latest addition to the local architectural scene... July 26, 2015
- July 25th - I headed to the supermarket in Aldridge late, and a... July 26, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Cockfest starts today!
- Please help find Tiger the tabby cat!
- Don't bank on it
- We're going down to Cockfest...
- B&M coming to Aldridge - vacancies now being advertised
- The Acropolis cafe shuts; Middle Oak to close and B&M to open in Focus, Aldridge
- Major road closes this Sunday for 7 weeks: be prepared
- Something brewing
- Get your live music fix at the Chase Inn this Sunday!
- Pelsall North and West Brownhills, 1902
- 2,480,269 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @getinthesea: …YOU CAN MAKE YOURSELF LOOK LIKE A PAIR OF HOWLING WANKERS. GET IN THE FUCKING SEA. http://t.co/GIBfy8ynAn 1 hour ago
- RT @greghemphill69: Michelle Mone for the House of Lords will at least ensure Lord Sewel will get a decent bra. 12 hours ago
- RT @antijokeapple: doctor: are you sexually active me: i'm not even physically active 12 hours ago
- RT @JimPanda: blue moon rising over lichfield http://t.co/6HQ7pelzLx 13 hours ago
- RT @tflewis60: Is It Time for Some Facts About Those Migrants? huffingtonpost.co.uk/robin-lustig/c… via @HuffPostUK 13 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Strollers August 10, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers August 17, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers August 24, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Category Archives: Wildlife
Brownhills Councillor Steve Wade has been in touch recently on a number of local issues, and I’m very glad to see him developing an online presence and keeping us informed of stuff he’s dealing with – and I’m very grateful for the positive moves he’s made to communicate with me and the blog – there’s more to come from Steve later this week.
This evening (Wednesday, 15th July 2015), there’s a guided walk being held by the Lichfield & Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust along the Summerhill section, and it’s open to all who might want to go and see what they’re up to – Currently reopening the lost line to walkers between Barracks Lane, Ogley Hay and Summerhill, next to the Boat Pub.
In the last couple of days there’s been a degree of what can only be described as panic locally and on social media about the future of Cannock Chase, Chasewater and other Staffordshire Country Parks.
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – theres a meeting at 7:00pm tonight, Monday 8th June 2015 of the Freinds of Brownhills Common group at the Environmental Depot, 200 Pelsall Road, Brownhills – WS8 7EN – please meet in the reception by 7:00pm.
Just a quick note to point out that the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust are holding their Annual General Meeting tonight (Friday, 5th June 2015) in Brownhills, at the Parkview Centre (the old Council House on the Miner Island), and all are welcome to attend.
I always receive a really positive response when featuring articles by Christine Howles on behalf of the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust here on the blog, which aim to support and assist this great local canal restoration project.
Continue reading →
I’m doing this one following requests on social media – the Chasewater Rangers Rant newsletter for Spring 2015, and it’s rather good, I have to say – paper copies are available free from the Innovation Centre.