Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 25th - Although it was a grey, miserable morning, the... August 25, 2015
- August 25th - The land at the bottom of Bentley Mill Way, wedged... August 25, 2015
- August 24th - A remarkable sunset struck when I was travelling... August 25, 2015
- August 24th - Fruits of all kinds from berries, to nuts to... August 25, 2015
- August 23rd - On my way to a friend’s house in the evening, I... August 24, 2015
- August 23rd - Caught in heavy rains at Cannock Chase, I headed... August 24, 2015
- August 22nd - A day of unexpected jobs and delayed activity, I... August 24, 2015
- August 21st - It was a grey, damp Friday afternoon, and it felt... August 24, 2015
- August 21st - I had stuff to do in Aldridge on the way home, and... August 24, 2015
- August 20th - had o nip on an errand, and left during daylight,... August 21, 2015
- August 20th - Much as I hate the current fad for obsessively... August 21, 2015
- August 19 - Some folk, of course, don’t even notice the rain and... August 20, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Heritage Gathering coming soon!
- December 1989 - Shopkeepers angry about the neglect of Silver Court
- Going Back
- Please beware - another indecent exposure incident reported
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust - August public meeting this evening
- Major road closes this Sunday for 7 weeks: be prepared
- Good news - a new food store for Walsall Wood
- Catch San Brett live on the radio tonight - live from Brownhills!
- The displaced
- 2,558,091 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Pelsall planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- The flow from Court & Spark > Help Me > Free Man in Paris possibly the best musical transition ever 1 hour ago
- If there's ever been a better opening segue to an album than that on Court & SPark I've never heard it 1 hour ago
- RT @GarethLWatkins: Dear potential employers, how should I put this? NOBODY NEEDS A COMPUTER SCIENCE DEGREE TO UPDATE A WORDPRESS PAGE WHAT… 1 hour ago
- RT @deray: We’re now averaging more than one mass shooting per day in 2015 washingtonpost.com/news/wonkblog/… http://t.co/pMBUD0QULQ 1 hour ago
- Westie squee! youtube.com/watch?t=46&v=K… 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers August 31, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 7, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 14, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Category Archives: Wildlife
Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust have been in contact to let me know about their Heritage Gathering which is coming up over the weekend of 18-19th September 2015, and takes place at their Huddlesford base, near Lichfield.
Sad news from the Lichfield & Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust who have had some of their equipment stolen following a break-in to their compound last Friday night (14th August 2015).
Brownhills Councillor Steve Wade has been in touch recently on a number of local issues, and I’m very glad to see him developing an online presence and keeping us informed of stuff he’s dealing with – and I’m very grateful for the positive moves he’s made to communicate with me and the blog – there’s more to come from Steve later this week.
This evening (Wednesday, 15th July 2015), there’s a guided walk being held by the Lichfield & Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust along the Summerhill section, and it’s open to all who might want to go and see what they’re up to – Currently reopening the lost line to walkers between Barracks Lane, Ogley Hay and Summerhill, next to the Boat Pub.
In the last couple of days there’s been a degree of what can only be described as panic locally and on social media about the future of Cannock Chase, Chasewater and other Staffordshire Country Parks.
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – theres a meeting at 7:00pm tonight, Monday 8th June 2015 of the Freinds of Brownhills Common group at the Environmental Depot, 200 Pelsall Road, Brownhills – WS8 7EN – please meet in the reception by 7:00pm.
Just a quick note to point out that the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust are holding their Annual General Meeting tonight (Friday, 5th June 2015) in Brownhills, at the Parkview Centre (the old Council House on the Miner Island), and all are welcome to attend.