Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 4th - Fully loaded with shopping, I pottered back, becoming... July 5, 2015
- July 4th - Independence day, but sadly not from work. To my... July 5, 2015
- July 3rd - I was wiped out. I’d had to sit on the floor all the... July 5, 2015
- July 3rd - As readers who follow me elsewhere will know, I have... July 5, 2015
- July 2nd - I cycled home in steady, warm rain - but the... July 2, 2015
- July 2nd - In Darlaston, a gentle precipitation; sweet-smelling,... July 2, 2015
- July 1st - Also on the canal, near Bentley Mill Way, flowering... July 2, 2015
- July 1st - The Pleck swans were cool in the heat this morning,... July 2, 2015
- June 30th - Looking almost frosted on the warmest day of the... July 1, 2015
- June 30th - There’s a Matt Smith fan in Darlaston - what else... July 1, 2015
- June 29th - Intrigued and saddened to see the Four Crosses pub... June 30, 2015
- June 29th - I’m loving the orchids this year - they seem to have... June 29, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Cars in the park - On now and tomorrow
- It's all kicking off in Lichfield!
- September 1995 - Walsall Wood FC up in flames!
- That didn't go to plan... or did it?
- Rosie's walk and festival tomorrow!
- Does anyone know where Spring Nob is?
- Explosive stuff
- Pictures from the 2015Waslall Wood Family fit 'n' fun day
- On now - 2015 Walsall Wood Family Fit 'n' Fun Day
- Bettered its manners
- 2,418,497 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @DannMccarthyy: Brownhills is a mess 21 minutes ago
- RT @DuncanWeldon: My 7 "why everyone is to blame for this" tweets. #Greferendum http://t.co/AzYw4EIR61 30 minutes ago
- RT @Tringonometry: Sitting here chomping cherries and tying knots in the stalks using my tongue. Evening, ladies. 😉 32 minutes ago
- RT @thatsnonsense: Rumours that a #McDonalds employee was arrested for putting mix tapes in Childrens Happy Meals are false. FAKE story. ht… 35 minutes ago
- Bonus show tonight 9:30-11pm >> Catch San Brett live on the radio tonight - live from Brownhills! wp.me/pvAxA-6Gl via @brownhillsbob 47 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Megalopolis
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Fram
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Somnium
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Misty Moses
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Sunday Neurosis
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Torito
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – The Soundmaker
- Calexico – Miles from the Sea
- Calexico – Cumbia de Donde
- Calexico – Tapping on the Line
- Chasewater Strollers July 6, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers July 13, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers July 20, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Category Archives: Walsall Wood stuff
There’s a discussion currently ongoing in the background between contributors the the Brownhills blog about our area during wartime, and the kind of effect the Second World War had on Brownhills and the wider area as a whole – we’re interested primarily in what people remember, or stories they were told about air raids in the locality.
Continue reading →
Continuing the scans of the Brownhills Gazette – I present issue 72 of the long lost freesheet, from September 1995 for you to peruse and download – I’ve had an incredible response to featuring these long, lost publications here on the blog.
Now that summer is here, the nights have opened out and hopefully the good weather is at last upon us, why not take the family up to Oak Park today (Saturday 4th July 2015)?
Continue reading →
I like this one – over the weekend an enquiry came in from friend of the blog Gillian Gaiser, as to the location of a place she members being called Spring Nob.
Continue reading →
Earlier today, I had the sad task of requesting help in tracing the scumbags who nicked a canoe and other sporting kit from Millfield School in Catshill, Brownhills.
I’m sad to say Millfield School in Catshill, Brownhills, has had their sport shed broken into twice in recent weeks, and sporting equipment has been taken – including a bright red canoe.
Continue reading →
Continuing the scans of the Brownhills Gazette – I present issue 70 of the long lost freesheet, from July 1995 for you to peruse and download – I’ve had an incredible response to featuring these long, lost publications here on the blog.