Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 21st - For some reason, of late the Canada geese really... August 21, 2014
- August 21st - A grey and depressing day with a heavy, punishing... August 21, 2014
- August 20th - In late summer, in an overcast moment, Coppice (or... August 21, 2014
- August 20th - I had to pop into Walsall for some bits and pieces... August 21, 2014
- August 19th - I’m fussy about brakes. Very fussy indeed.... August 19, 2014
- August 19th - This is Victoria Park in Darlaston, once a railway... August 19, 2014
- August 18th - He was only a kitten, really; a sharp eyed, keen... August 19, 2014
- August 18th - If you haven’t noticed by now, I love... August 19, 2014
- 17th August - At Home Farm, Sandhills, the harvest seems... August 18, 2014
- August 17th - If you listen to many opinions in these parts,... August 18, 2014
- August 16th - This young grey heron was fishing in the canal,... August 17, 2014
- August 16th - Heading back towards Chasewater, I noticed the... August 17, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Demolition, man?
- If the kids are united
- Walsall residents urged to keep an eye-out for distraction duo
- School daze
- You can't trust all you read in the paper...
- Important appeal: Did you know Michael Syrett?
- Hednesford Road hit and run: police issue full statement
- What's this stuff about, then?
- Revised plans submitted for Oak Park replacement
- Road closure in Brownhills from tomorrow
- 1,621,916 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @politicalhackuk: 10% in Brum is better than I thought. #wmpcc14 2 hours ago
- RT @LibyaLiberty: I'm going to take that to mean "gentle vegetarians". #ISISmediaBlackout http://t.co/1XgJSIRWyP 2 hours ago
- RT @VCTrust: Recently spotted in #Sheffield Not a VC recipient ( or indeed a Royal Marine we suspect) http://t.co/JvAFhQ2YvM 2 hours ago
- RT @WestMidsPCC: RT @britainelects: The count for the West Mids County PCC by-election WILL NOT take place tonight. Result expected tomorro… 2 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking Goosed: ift.tt/1vo2UwP 3 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Strollers August 25, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Craft & Farmers Market September 7, 2014 at 10:00 am – 3:00 pm Monthly craft & farmers market run by Bohemian Bunty http://br ownhillsbob.com/2014/04/17/new-craft-and-farmers-market-coming-soon-to-chas ewater/ https://www.facebook.com/events/663879640343062
Category Archives: Walsall Council
Whew – panic over Yesterday, following a report in the Express & Star, I wrote of my concern that the old leisure centre at Oak Park in Walsall Wood would be demolished before a new one was built to replace it.
There was an interesting report in Monday’s Express & Star (18th August 2014) which points out the project to replace Oak Park leisure centre in Walsall Wood and the similar facility in Bloxwich is to start ‘next month’.
I see that tomorrow, Friezland Lane in Shire Oak will be closed from 9am-5pm by Walsall Council for ten days for much needed resurfacing works – this is good news for residents and folk who use this cut through, but may cause delays and disruption to busses that use the route.
I noticed in early summer that someone had been undertaking clearance work on a site near Brownhills, just down the Chester Road to the south of Shire Oak Nature Reserve, and was curious about it – it now seems that my question has been answered.
The young David Evans has been at it again, and been has chatting to former teacher,Mrs. Eleanor Holland, who’s supplied this wonderful image of the St. John’s School Infants Class of 1960.
Yet again, the young David Evans has played a blinder and come up with some fantastic images of the classes and staff at Walsall Wood County Primary, which was the school that formerly existed in the youth club building at Streets Corner.
[caption id="attachment_19576" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Image courtesy Eleanor Holland & David Evans.[/caption] Continue reading
A quick one here from the young David Evans, who’s found a couple of gems from the postwar years of the Walsall Wood County Primary School at Streets Corner – this is the building that David returned to recently and documented so beautifully.
I thought today I’d just do a small post highlighting a couple of sites that will be of interest to many readers, but mainly to blog stalwart David Oakley, who I sadly gather hasn’t been in the best of health lately.
It comes I’m sure, as no surprise that Walsall Housing Group (WHG) have been planning a huge new housing development in central Brownhills for some time now – after all, last month I advertised a one-day consultation on plans to build houses on the former site of Silver Court Gardens, behind Silver Court, on land that’s now vacant.
Two Brownhills community activists lock horns in the Walsall Advertiser letters page over the subject of Ravens Court – the exchange is interesting, and deserves to be read widely.
I’ve just noticed this one taking place on Easter Sunday morning (Sunday 20th April 2014) at Holland Park, Brownhills – an easter egg hunt (careful how you say that), kicking off from the play area at 10:30am.