Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 21st - Laburnum, or golden chain is one of the most... May 22, 2015
- May 20th - I’m intrigued by these deep yellow poppies, which... May 21, 2015
- May 20th - I had reservations about the fate of the Kings Hill... May 21, 2015
- May 19th - Most of the day, the weather was dynamic. Sun, rain,... May 19, 2015
- May19th - I set off in reasonable weather. The coos of Jockey... May 19, 2015
- May 18th - At Clayhanger on the canal, in a much more temperate... May 19, 2015
- May 18th - Ah, so commence the annual cygnet search. On the way... May 19, 2015
- May 17th - Only a short ride today, as my stomach was bad and I... May 18, 2015
- May 16th - Everybody go home, I’ve found the king of the... May 18, 2015
- May 16th - Second day running with a decent ride, although the... May 18, 2015
- May 15th - I was pleased to note while in Birmingham that a... May 18, 2015
- May 15th - Springtime canal cycling. I got 99 problems, and most... May 18, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Urgent police appeal: Please help find missing Walsall teenager
- Details of Shire Oak Pub refurbishment now available
- Travellers pitch up at Oak Park
- Great news - missing Walsall teenager found safe and well
- Walsall Woodstock 2015 - a free spirit
- Police appeal: Please help find missing Walsall Wood teenager
- Oak Park: this doesn't smell right
- Walsall Woodstock two day music festival this weekend!
- Police hunt man following attempted knifepoint robbery at Card Factory store, Brownhills
- Police now 'Gravely concerned' for welfare of Amanda Hawkins
- 2,310,165 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @wellings351: Cat owners in Shelfield, Walsall Wood and Aldridge warned of increase in air gun attacks on cats.Shelfield vets report ras… 34 minutes ago
- RT @PughJoanne: Iv come to realise that in this world there are lots of people who are just down right bloody miserable. #Brownhills #grump… 34 minutes ago
- RT @tonyhusband1: http://t.co/1YtQbA8nX5 47 minutes ago
- RT @TheBartonsArms: Next Taste & Tour of Bartons Arms is Monday 8th June. Come enjoy a talk by John Ullah and a 2-course meal for £19.95 ht… 52 minutes ago
- RT @wyrleyblog: On the MILD trail in Derby, class. At the Old Silk Mill http://t.co/9Lc9ufnPQo 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Stephen Stills – fallen eagle
- Stephen Stills – Both Of Us (Bound To Lose)
- Stephen Stills – Anyway
- Stephen Stills – Jet Set (Sigh)
- Stephen Stills – Rock And Roll Crazies/Cuban Bluegrass
- Stephen Stills – Song of Love
- Stephen Stills – Blues Man
- Stephen Stills – The Treasure (Take One)
- Stephen Stills – Right Now
- Stephen Stills – What To Do
- Chasewater Strollers May 25, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Category Archives: Walsall Council
In recent days, there has been a traveller encampment at Aldridge Airport, which has now moved on, whilst another has sprung up on the Oak Park playing field near to the Football Club in Walsall Wood.
Naomi Jones, Area Librarian from Brownhills Library at the Parkview Centre has been in touch to ask if I could give a belated plug for a meet the author event happening tomorrow (Tuesday, 19th May 2015).
Continue reading →
Here’s a quick ride cam for the people out there who enjoy them, as I haven’t done one for a while – and I’m aware there’s a lot of interest in off-road cycle routes in the area, too, so I thought I’d share this one.
Continue reading →
On or around April 29th 2015, the Four Crosses Pub – the last true boozer in Shelfield, and a popular local pub I’ve enjoyed in the past – closed suddenly, and was boarded up, which has caused understandable outrage amongst pub-goers and real ale fans in the area.
Sue Arnold, losing parliamentary candidate for Walsall South would like to graciously thank the residents there for all the votes, and isn’t bitter at all that sitting MP Valerie Vaz increased her majority – some could read Sue’s thank you message as a dire warning that they’ve made the wrong decision, but I’m sure that’s an unfortunate ambiguity.
Continue reading →
Well, Walsall politics is never dull and following the surprise routing of Labour nationally, despite strong performance from their local Parliamentary candidates, Walsall Council swung back within reach of the Conservatives following the local election count this afternoon.
It’s been a long night – it’s now 5:30am – late for even me – and I’m off for a kip – it’s been a tough night for lefties, but I was pleased to see David Winnick hold onto his seat in Walsall North, which saw a very harsh campaign.
Continue reading →