Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 6th - I finished work early, and headed to Lichfield to... December 7, 2013
- deantheman: A week in walsall 7th December 2013 I was walking... December 7, 2013
- December 5th - Without a functioning rail service, there was no... December 6, 2013
- December 5th - It wasn’t a great day for train travel in... December 6, 2013
- December 4th - Also in South Wigston, a postie’s bike. I... December 4, 2013
- December 4th - I was in Leicester again, but on a better day.... December 4, 2013
- December 4th - Circumstances appear to have dictated that sadly,... December 4, 2013
- December 3rd - An evening ride up to Walsall Wood had me... December 3, 2013
- December 3rd - A better day today. The bug had receded, and I... December 3, 2013
- December 2nd - Still unwell, I had important stuff to attend to... December 3, 2013
- December 1st - I swung past St. James Church in Brownhills to... December 2, 2013
- December 1st - First of all, my apologies. On my main blog I... December 2, 2013
Top Posts & Pages
- Walsall Wood FC unexpectedly back in the game - this Saturday!
- Small increments
- New local history book out soon!
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- Fist of Glory, fists of rage
- Woodmen no match for Tulips
- Car accident in Short Street, Brownhills yesterday
- Local quiz 1
- The end and the beginning
- Underground investigations - The Grove Pit Disaster remembered
- 1,026,510 hits
- 2013 Aldridge Andy Dennis bike cam Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Countryside Services cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood Graham Evans history Lichfield Lichfield District Council Lichfield Mercury local blogs Local History Local politics Memories of Brownhills Past Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Ogley Hay Old maps Ordnance Survey Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Reservoir Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Social Services Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Housing Group Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Walsall Wood FC unexpectedly back in the game - kickoff 3pm! wp.me/pvAxA-4mJ via @BrownhillsBob 1 hour ago
- RT @OMGBibleQuotes1: http://t.co/zmBAfKcYsx 1 hour ago
- RT @AnnetteRubery: Teenager sat in supermarket trolley on mobile phone (stroppily): "Mum can we have normal hummus not caramelised!" 2 hours ago
- RT @EnvAgency: The worst of the storm and tidal surge is now over. Read our statement at: ow.ly/rxM3L #floodaware #ukstorm 2 hours ago
- RT @PlashingVole: Politicians: if you're opening a food bank, your opening words should be 'I'm ashamed and sorry to be here today…'. And s… 3 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Stuff Jimm Rennie Does
- 150 great things about the Underground
- Getting There
- Atomic Spin
- Euphoria – Blue (With Tina Dico)
- Gomez – If I Ask You Nicely
- The Beatles – She Said She Said
- Iron & Wine – House by the Sea
- Iron & Wine – The Devil Never Sleeps
- Calexico – Letter To Bowie Knife
- Iron & Wine – Grace For Saints And Ramblers
- ONLINE EXCLUSIVE! The Ultimate X Factor Mash-Up (Extended Version) – The X Factor UK 2013
- Ben Sarfas Quartet Live – Butterfly (Talvin Singh) 2013
- Count Basie & His Orchestra – Hang On Sloopy
Category Archives: Walsall community
I think this might be controversial – from recent activity at the site, it seems like the former St. John’s School, in Lichfield Road Walsall Wood, may be about to be demolished, and it’s site possibly redeveloped, together with the derelict bungalow next door.
I noticed last week that revised plans had been submitted for the replacement of the decaying Oak Park Leisure Centre at Walsall Wood – I thought I’d feature them here as a fair few folk are interested in the issue, and it remains somewhat contentious.
Lord knows where he found it, but isn’t this picture from the Young David Evans a remarkable thing?
This video takes a journey homewards after work – I pick it up in Walsall Road, Darlaston, and travel through James Bridge, Alumwell and join the New Ring Road at the Rollingmill Street junction.
</a Continue reading
There’s been an unfortunate RTA at Walsall Council, and it deserves as wide exposure as possible.
David Evans, top blog contributor and local historian extraordinaire, has strong connections with the local Methodist Movement – in this capacity, David has been working very hard indeed on the following article on the construction of the New Chapel for some weeks now, and I’m proud and honoured to present it for readers.
I know I plugged it a couple of days ago, but Walsall Park Rangers are still in need of pallets to build the bonfire for the Holland Park Fireworks event, scheduled to take place this Saturday evening Continue reading
Brownhills Bonfire & Firework Display
At Holland Park
Saturday 2rd November 2013
Enjoy our bonfire and fireworks display, food and children’s rides available
Car Park Entry off The Parade. Pedestrian Entrance is through Chester Road North & The Parade.
Friend of the blog and leader of 1st Walsall Wood Scout Group Lee Braggington writes to me with a very interesting enquiry – it had never registered with me before, but Lee is quite right; Walsall Wood’s Remembrance Parade has always seemed to be on a Sunday Afternoon – this year on the 10th November.