Because you’re free to read this blog
- madoldbaggage: Spring flowers etc this bank holiday weekend at... May 25, 2015
- May 24th - The wildflowers and blossom are wonderful this year.... May 25, 2015
- May 24th - The Watermead swan family in Brownhills are doing... May 25, 2015
- May 23rd - On my way home, I rode past the JCB plant at... May 25, 2015
- May 23rd - Here’s an odd one. Half way up the hill, on the... May 25, 2015
- May 23rd - I needn’t have worried. The first century of the year... May 25, 2015
- May 22nd - I’d been planning a long ride the following day for a... May 25, 2015
- May 22nd - A quick trip to Lichfield after lunch on a very dull... May 25, 2015
- May 21st - Laburnum, or golden chain is one of the most... May 22, 2015
- May 20th - I’m intrigued by these deep yellow poppies, which... May 21, 2015
- May 20th - I had reservations about the fate of the Kings Hill... May 21, 2015
- May 19th - Most of the day, the weather was dynamic. Sun, rain,... May 19, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Bogus caller cons OAP in Shire Oak
- Why not visit a local working water mill today?
- The team team of '57
- Don't forget Lichfield Bower!
- Walsall Woodstock 2015 cancelled!
- Do you remember Brownhills United?
- Bill Shaw's 2015 Walsall Wood FC presentation dinner report
- Fun events at Chasewater this weekend!
- Walsall Woodstock 2015 - a free spirit
- Travellers pitch up at Oak Park
- 2,318,930 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @ThePlasticHippo: Suprise, surprise wp.me/pKp3x-1dp theplastichippo.wordpress.com/2015/05/26/sup… http://t.co/fGOPEUkrFh 4 hours ago
- RT @CloudBasedLies: Good night, heathens. http://t.co/eXFEzTrayA 4 hours ago
- RT @PoliticsPunked: Well played, Big Yin. "Religion is over." #BillyConnolly http://t.co/3hBqjPHm6T 6 hours ago
- RT @MacCocktail: "My father drank so heavily, when he blew on the birthday cake he lit the candles." ― Les Dawson 6 hours ago
- RT @HistoryNeedsYou: Apparently @David_Cameron has told Jean-Claude Juncker he's not happy with Status Quo & Europe http://t.co/yDUgnjQzat 6 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
No upcoming events
Category Archives: Walsall community
Here’s a head scratcher from friend of the blog Martin Littler, who’s contributed so much previously to Brownhills Local history – and this time he’s come up with a cracker for a Bank Holiday Monday.
Continue reading →
Yet another report reaches me regarding bogus tradesmen calling on the elderly and attempting to coerce them into handing money over for bout and unneeded services.
Here’s a great example of how one post can lead to another via an unexpected tangent – and it’s really rather excellent. Continue reading →
Crossed wires last weekend when a collection of photos from Walsall Wood Football Club’s Presentation Dinner arrived from David Evans and I published them, not realising a writeup was due from Bill Shaw, which arrived later in the week – sorry chaps, hopefully this should rectify things.
Sorry folks – I turn on the computer to find the sad news that Walsall Woodstock – the pop festival scheduled today and tomorrow for Walsall Wood Football Club – has been cancelled.
Continuing the scans of the Brownhills Gazette – I present issue 61 of the long lost freesheet, from October 1994 for you to peruse and download. I’ve had an incredible response to featuring these long, lost publications here on the blog.
A great enquiry reaches me from Florida, USA the home of Brownhills lad Andrew Richards, who emigrated there in 1990 – when Andy lived here, he played for Brownhills United and has written a wonderful piece requesting information on this lost local team.
Continue reading →