Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 21st - For some reason, of late the Canada geese really... August 21, 2014
- August 21st - A grey and depressing day with a heavy, punishing... August 21, 2014
- August 20th - In late summer, in an overcast moment, Coppice (or... August 21, 2014
- August 20th - I had to pop into Walsall for some bits and pieces... August 21, 2014
- August 19th - I’m fussy about brakes. Very fussy indeed.... August 19, 2014
- August 19th - This is Victoria Park in Darlaston, once a railway... August 19, 2014
- August 18th - He was only a kitten, really; a sharp eyed, keen... August 19, 2014
- August 18th - If you haven’t noticed by now, I love... August 19, 2014
- 17th August - At Home Farm, Sandhills, the harvest seems... August 18, 2014
- August 17th - If you listen to many opinions in these parts,... August 18, 2014
- August 16th - This young grey heron was fishing in the canal,... August 17, 2014
- August 16th - Heading back towards Chasewater, I noticed the... August 17, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Demolition, man?
- You can't trust all you read in the paper...
- Long time gone
- If the kids are united
- Walsall residents urged to keep an eye-out for distraction duo
- School daze
- The return of The Clayhanger Kid - book signing tomorrow!
- Hednesford Road hit and run: police issue full statement
- What's this stuff about, then?
- Important appeal: Did you know Michael Syrett?
- 1,623,291 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Before I go: #cygnetwatch. Awful photo, but 7, with mum and dad. This evening, Anchor Bridge http://t.co/samq4jJf35 22 minutes ago
- Fun as it has been playing with my food, I have shit to do.Do keep the monkey fed, folks. 38 minutes ago
- RT @WfcDave: @BrownhillsBob @johnpreece77 @Gregory9314 my work here is done, quite frankly I've kept you going for a while now and your wel… 43 minutes ago
- RT @richardburnell: @StarrOutlook I am trying to imagine the noise. So far it's a mixture of Chris Akabusi doing the bleep test & a badly b… 44 minutes ago
- RT @historyweird: 1904: Mrs Lasher of Binghamton will spend 30 days in jail - for "smoking cigarettes in the presence of her children". htt… 58 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Apologies, I Have None – Still Sitting Tight
- R.E.M. – Sitting Still
- His Name Is Alive – Sitting Still Moving Still Staring Out
- R.E.M. – Sitting Still - 2006 Digital Remaster
- R.E.M. – Sitting Still
- Epic45 – Washed Up
- Epic45 – Weathering
- Epic45 – Ghosts I Have Known
- Epic45 – These Walks Saved Us
- Epic45 – The Weather Is Not Your Friend
- Chasewater Strollers August 25, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Craft & Farmers Market September 7, 2014 at 10:00 am – 3:00 pm Monthly craft & farmers market run by Bohemian Bunty http://br ownhillsbob.com/2014/04/17/new-craft-and-farmers-market-coming-soon-to-chas ewater/ https://www.facebook.com/events/663879640343062
Category Archives: Walsall community
Whew – panic over Yesterday, following a report in the Express & Star, I wrote of my concern that the old leisure centre at Oak Park in Walsall Wood would be demolished before a new one was built to replace it.
There was an interesting report in Monday’s Express & Star (18th August 2014) which points out the project to replace Oak Park leisure centre in Walsall Wood and the similar facility in Bloxwich is to start ‘next month’.
Now, since it’s been a few days of catching up with little bits and pieces, here’s something massive for readers to get their teeth into – this is a historical artefact which I’ve been lucky enough to find, and I’m very excited about it.
When I playfully prodded Tony Winn earlier in the week to see if as one of the most knowledgable contributors on the subject of Ralph Ferrie, he might have information on one of the entrepreneur’s old trucks, I never expected to strike gold.
I’m hoping some of the transport buffs or maybe even Ralph Ferrie expert Tony Winn might be able to help with this one that partner-in-crime [Howmuch?] found this week in a junkshop – what appears to be a press photo of one of Ralph’s vintage trucks, with a young lad pulling on the starting handle.
The young David Evans has been at it again, and been has chatting to former teacher,Mrs. Eleanor Holland, who’s supplied this wonderful image of the St. John’s School Infants Class of 1960.
I’m going to share here an absolutely astounding image donated by Brownhills Local History researcher in exile Gerald Reece, which is sure to create some debate – I’m going to be brief, as I feel it’s best.