Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 18th - From the Indian, back to the Indian summer.... September 19, 2014
- September 18th - Ah, Walsall. In how many ways do I love thee? I... September 19, 2014
- September 17th - Recently on Facebook there was some concern... September 19, 2014
- September 17th - The Indian summer continues. It’s very... September 19, 2014
- September 16th - We’re in a real Indian summer at the... September 16, 2014
- September 16th - There’s a shop opened up in the former... September 16, 2014
- stevieboy378: Total silence, apart from the birdsong. This... September 16, 2014
- September 15th - Returning to Birmingham via Snow Hill station,... September 15, 2014
- September 15th - I spent the afternoon in Droitwich. This piece... September 15, 2014
- September 14th - Back up on Cannock Chase for the first time in... September 15, 2014
- September 14th - The boating lake at Chasewater has been drained... September 15, 2014
- September 13th - I whizzed up to Walsall Wood in the morning on... September 13, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Rare black swan seen at Chasewater
- Brownhills police station set to close
- Urgent - Have you lost a Rottweiler dog on the Hussey Estate?
- Shire Oak to be refurbished
- Cyclist hurt in Brownhills incident
- Scouting out the history
- Walsall Wood let it Lye
- Ravens Court - Something is happening, but what?
- Brownhills Police Safety House open to the public this Monday
- What's this stuff about, then?
- 1,679,475 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @HughPugh: There are calls for more powers in Fishguard, Mayor of Fishguard Kenny Twat has said he’d like ‘Invisibility’ and to fly like… 34 minutes ago
- RT @VProfanisaurus: pooaplegic: n. medic. One who, having sat on the toilet for too long, has lost all feeling below the waist. A crapple. 47 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Strollers September 22, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Just noticed from Aldridge Fire Station on twitter that there’s an open day up at the station on Northgate, between Walsall Wood and Aldridge today (7th September 2014) – on now until 4pm.
It seems there’s quite a spate of thefts of tools and equipment from sheds, garages and parked vehicles in our areas at the moment, and this appeal reaches me via friend of the blog Scott Parry from Brownhills.
Here’s a great thing for bank holiday weekend – Walsall folk and those with an interest in local politics will recall the tragic loss of Walsall Labour Group Leader Councillor Tim Oliver, who sadly passed away in May following a protracted illness. Continue reading
Burntwood’s long awaited mining memorial will be unveiled with a carnival atmosphere at Sankey’s Corner at 2pm Saturday – there will be a pig roast, bouncy castle and other attractions, and a decent afternoon out is in prospect.
The news of the WalsallWoodstock festival taking place last Bank Holiday caught me by surprise – I’d seen no publicity for the event, and it was only a good mate mentioning it on Facebook that drew it to my attention – Thankfully, I publicised the event in time for some readers to attend, and reader Clive Roberts went along and had a great time
I’ve had a great and fascinating email from Mark Morgon-Shaw, which I’m just going to throw out to readers – this is, I have to say, local history dynamite.