Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 24th - After a spin around Stonnall and Shenstone in a... May 25, 2013
- May 24th - Out early evening, and speeding towards Stonnall, I... May 25, 2013
- May 23rd - Cycling up Market Place, Walsall, early evening, I... May 25, 2013
- May 23rd - Birmingham continues to fascinate. Finding myself at... May 25, 2013
- deantheman: A week in Walsall 25th May 2013 May 25, 2013
- May 22nd - And then, returning home, I noticed this.... May 23, 2013
- May 22nd - I was heading home today from work, and for some... May 23, 2013
- May 21st - An odd day, I was at home until lunchtime, then had... May 22, 2013
- May 20th - On my way home tonight, I hopped onto the canal... May 20, 2013
- May 20th - A small result. The bike racks at Birmingham New... May 20, 2013
- May 19th - Up on the north heath at Chasewater, something rather... May 19, 2013
- May 19th - A busy day at Chasewater. Linda Mason had posted some... May 19, 2013
Top Posts & Pages
- You can never go back
- We all stand together - at Caldmore Village Festival
- The past, by George!
- Tesco sends a message to Brownhills: you're not worth it
- Good news on the Avion conversion by Wetherspoons
- Caldmore chameleon
- Race of the Year, 1977
- In the shade
- What's this stuff about, then?
- Urban Exploration at Linley Caverns, in 1957
- 767,914 hits
TagsBrownhills Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Mike Bird New Photos Old maps Panoramio planning Politics Pubs Redevelopment Reservoir Shire Oak Silly Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
- RT @stevie378: Photo: Wild garlic everywhere … The Dingle LNR tmblr.co/ZJ1v9xlq0VSd 16 minutes ago
- We all stand together - at Caldmore Village Festival wp.me/pvAxA-3Em via @BrownhillsBob 37 minutes ago
- RT @venomfrom1977: #LetterChangeSongs Penis, Penis 44 minutes ago
- RT @JennyProcter: All you #Staffordshire followers - get over to the Bluebell Woods nr #Yoxall this weekend! Here's why http://t.co/WQZ278e… 45 minutes ago
- RT @KarenBroady: Bristol man trapped inside St George pub takes to Facebook to document unrest bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-man-tr… 1 hour ago
Blogs I Follow
- Morturn - Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Stuff Jimm Rennie Does
- 150 great things about the Underground
- Getting There
- Atomic Spin
- POLICE INSPECTOR BLOG
- Common People: news for Pelsall
- The Clayhanger Review
- John Grant – Why Don't You Love Me Anymore
- John Grant – It Doesn’t Matter to Him
- John Grant – Vietnam
- John Grant – Black Belt
- John Grant – Pale Green Ghosts
- Neil Halstead – Spin the Bottle - Alternative Version
- Neil Halstead – Spin The Bottle
- Neil Halstead – Full Moon Rising - Mark Van Hoen Remix
- Neil Halstead – Chasing Rainbows - Live
- Neil Halstead – Spin the Bottle - Alternative Version
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Peter ‘Pedro’ Cutler has come upon an interesting football related query after finding something unexpected whilst looking for articles of Brownhills soccer teams as I requested in my post last Sunday.\ Continue reading
I will elaborate on this later, but in case you haven't noticed, the Express & Star is reporting an announcement from Tesco that the plans for a new store in Brownhills are officially dead. http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2013/05/22/jobs-blow-as-tesco-scraps-expansion-of-brownhills-store/ This is exactly what I've … Continue reading
Here’s an interesting query from Laura Masters at Walsall Housing Group which I’m hoping readers may be able to help with.
Yesterday’s great post from David Evans made me hanker for a bit more physical geography – we haven’t done much lately and I thought it would be nice to do some old maps and the landscape they contain stuff for a lazy Sunday.
The story of the abandoned Shire Oak Reservoir is a recurrent theme from the very earliest days of the Brownhills Blog.
The story of the abandoned Shire Oak Reservoir is a recurrent theme from the very earliest days of the Brownhills Blog. It fascinated me for years, and one of my earliest obsessions was the discovery of it’s history.
Record attendance watch Walsall Wood crash out of FA Vase in Guernsey: more spectators than four League Two games
Reblogged from Tyburn Mail: Walsall Wood have been knocked out of the FA Vase tonight. They lost 3-1 in the quarter-final replay in Guernsey in front of a crowd of 2,597. The attendance was a club record for Guernsey, and … Continue reading
Jeepboy wrote: For the past 3 years a loud muffled bang can occasionally be heard eminating from the site of the former rangers hut at the start of the black path in Clayhanger – at first it was thought to be a bird scarer but no sight of it could not be found.
The 49th Walsall Scout Group based in Aldridge, overnight on Tuesday/Wednesday (19/20th Feruary 2013), had their Trailer stolen from a smallholding in the Pelsall /Shelfield area.
I notice from the planning system at Walsall Council, plus coverage in the inky press that there is at last a plan by Walsall Housing Group to build replacement homes on the site formerly occupied by the grim maisonette tenements that stood on the A5 Watling Street between Deakin Avenue and the Black Path.