Because you’re free to read this blog
- deantheman: A week in #walsall 25th October 2014 October 25, 2014
- October 22nd - Spotted in Darlaston after a tipoff by [Howmuch?]... October 23, 2014
- October 22nd - In the offices of Smarm, Smarm, Bignob and... October 22, 2014
- October 21st - I was lamenting a couple of days ago that the... October 22, 2014
- October 21st - A dreadful wind and threatening rain menaced me... October 22, 2014
- October 20th - Oh my goodness this is clever, but I’ve... October 21, 2014
- October 20th - I had to pop into Walsall Wood on my way home, so... October 21, 2014
- October 19th- a busy, fraught and not terribly productive day, I... October 20, 2014
- October 18th - Certainly seeing that family with five cygnets... October 20, 2014
- October 18th - In Pelsall to meet a pal for lunch, I spotted the... October 20, 2014
- October 17th - I came back from Shenstone just as darkness was... October 20, 2014
- October 17th - The morning commute was damp, and a little... October 20, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Early doors
- Walsall Wood Councillor Mike Flower to stand down at next election
- All hands to the pump!
- Breaking the ground
- Walsall Local History Fair on right now!
- Brownhills Bonfire 2014 - can you help with pallets?
- From the Station to Paradise
- The Rovers return...
- Chasewater: here's why the water is low
- 1,753,296 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- FFS >> RT @CityLab: This bicycle gadget makes red lights turn green trib.al/txLEoBw http://t.co/pnACqYpnfN 16 minutes ago
- Loving the erudite, eloquent and irreverent debate between Dannk Baker (@prodnose) and @IanMartin about Russel Brand. What twatter's for. 18 minutes ago
- RT @1GoldilocksZone: My sister gave her dog a haircut. He's really not happy about it. http://t.co/zFNrKfHRhQ 21 minutes ago
- RT @starsandspirals: I was challenged to carve a pumpkin with the 'scariest thing you can think of'. I'm sorry. http://t.co/SNYeKIohtb 21 minutes ago
- 'Poppy selfies' that can fuck off. Any other way we can debase the war dead with self-indulgent triviality? 22 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Neil Cowley Trio – A French Lesson
- Neil Cowley Trio – Vice Skating
- Neil Cowley Trio – Radio Silence
- Neil Cowley Trio – Monoface
- Neil Cowley Trio – Sirens Last Look Back
- Neil Cowley Trio – La Porte
- Neil Cowley Trio – Hope Machine
- Neil Cowley Trio – The Face Of Mount Molehill
- Neil Cowley Trio – Distance by Clockwork
- Neil Cowley Trio – Slims
No upcoming events
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Just noticed from Aldridge Fire Station on twitter that there’s an open day up at the station on Northgate, between Walsall Wood and Aldridge today (7th September 2014) – on now until 4pm.
It seems there’s quite a spate of thefts of tools and equipment from sheds, garages and parked vehicles in our areas at the moment, and this appeal reaches me via friend of the blog Scott Parry from Brownhills.
Here’s a great thing for bank holiday weekend – Walsall folk and those with an interest in local politics will recall the tragic loss of Walsall Labour Group Leader Councillor Tim Oliver, who sadly passed away in May following a protracted illness. Continue reading
Burntwood’s long awaited mining memorial will be unveiled with a carnival atmosphere at Sankey’s Corner at 2pm Saturday – there will be a pig roast, bouncy castle and other attractions, and a decent afternoon out is in prospect.
The news of the WalsallWoodstock festival taking place last Bank Holiday caught me by surprise – I’d seen no publicity for the event, and it was only a good mate mentioning it on Facebook that drew it to my attention – Thankfully, I publicised the event in time for some readers to attend, and reader Clive Roberts went along and had a great time
I’ve had a great and fascinating email from Mark Morgon-Shaw, which I’m just going to throw out to readers – this is, I have to say, local history dynamite.