Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 6th - On an equally dull return commute, harassed by the... July 6, 2015
- July 6th - On the way to work on a grey, dull Monday morning,... July 6, 2015
- July 5th - From Ogley Junction footbridge, long range shots of... July 6, 2015
- July 5th - An odd day involving a fair few errands. I set out... July 6, 2015
- July 4th - Fully loaded with shopping, I pottered back, becoming... July 5, 2015
- July 4th - Independence day, but sadly not from work. To my... July 5, 2015
- July 3rd - I was wiped out. I’d had to sit on the floor all the... July 5, 2015
- July 3rd - As readers who follow me elsewhere will know, I have... July 5, 2015
- July 2nd - I cycled home in steady, warm rain - but the... July 2, 2015
- July 2nd - In Darlaston, a gentle precipitation; sweet-smelling,... July 2, 2015
- July 1st - Also on the canal, near Bentley Mill Way, flowering... July 2, 2015
- July 1st - The Pleck swans were cool in the heat this morning,... July 2, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Jobs up for grabs at the Chase Inn, Brownhills
- Time for a fillum...
- Explosive stuff
- That didn't go to plan... or did it?
- September 1995 - Walsall Wood FC up in flames!
- Brownhills stables raided yet again - can you help?
- Aldridge Cinema - come see The Lego Movie this afternoon!
- Does anyone know where Spring Nob is?
- Bombs Over Brownhills
- Walsall Wood FC: Match this weekend and latest fixture news
- 2,422,084 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @newsfondue: G4S reveals new temporary holding facility for prisoners birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-… http://t.co/q3LLKQKsvh 1 hour ago
- Lichfield Discovered pub meet tonight from 7:30pm wp.me/pvAxA-6H0 via @brownhillsbob @lichdiscovered 1 hour ago
- RT @BrownhillsNPT: likewise, if you have horses yourselves, please be mindful of your stables security. 1 hour ago
- RT @BrownhillsNPT: a brownhills horse yard has been broken into last night. Any info / help would be gratefully recieved. 1 hour ago
- RT @RealYamYamBloke: Er indoowaz towd me to put me pie in the ovun at 120°. Ar think arv gorrit abowt royt. http://t.co/EsCoQhSsD1 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers July 13, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers July 20, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Many people have contacted me about the Police helicopter being up over Brownhills yesterday afternoon (Friday, 13th March 2015) – it seems that local police were responding to a burglary in Clayhanger.
Just noticed from Aldridge Fire Station on twitter that there’s an open day up at the station on Northgate, between Walsall Wood and Aldridge today (7th September 2014) – on now until 4pm.
It seems there’s quite a spate of thefts of tools and equipment from sheds, garages and parked vehicles in our areas at the moment, and this appeal reaches me via friend of the blog Scott Parry from Brownhills.
Here’s a great thing for bank holiday weekend – Walsall folk and those with an interest in local politics will recall the tragic loss of Walsall Labour Group Leader Councillor Tim Oliver, who sadly passed away in May following a protracted illness. Continue reading
Burntwood’s long awaited mining memorial will be unveiled with a carnival atmosphere at Sankey’s Corner at 2pm Saturday – there will be a pig roast, bouncy castle and other attractions, and a decent afternoon out is in prospect.
The news of the WalsallWoodstock festival taking place last Bank Holiday caught me by surprise – I’d seen no publicity for the event, and it was only a good mate mentioning it on Facebook that drew it to my attention – Thankfully, I publicised the event in time for some readers to attend, and reader Clive Roberts went along and had a great time