Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 16th - We’re in a real Indian summer at the... September 16, 2014
- September 16th - There’s a shop opened up in the former... September 16, 2014
- stevieboy378: Total silence, apart from the birdsong. This... September 16, 2014
- September 15th - Returning to Birmingham via Snow Hill station,... September 15, 2014
- September 15th - I spent the afternoon in Droitwich. This piece... September 15, 2014
- September 14th - Back up on Cannock Chase for the first time in... September 15, 2014
- September 14th - The boating lake at Chasewater has been drained... September 15, 2014
- September 13th - I whizzed up to Walsall Wood in the morning on... September 13, 2014
- September 12th - Conkers, by the shedload. The tree in Festival... September 13, 2014
- September 12th - I needed to pop into Lichfield, so I rushed... September 13, 2014
- September 11th - Less charming than the sunflower, but... September 12, 2014
- September 11th - In Darlaston Green, a sight to bring joy to the... September 11, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Cyclist hurt in Brownhills incident
- Brownhills police station set to close
- Urgent - Have you lost a Rottweiler dog on the Hussey Estate?
- Rare black swan seen at Chasewater
- Scouting out the history
- Ravens Court - Something is happening, but what?
- Weighing Anchor
- Brownhills Police Safety House open to the public this Monday
- Walsall Wood let it Lye
- What's this stuff about, then?
- 1,677,020 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @PrimlyStable: No exit polls and no results expected until at least 2am. Looking forward to four hours of pointless idle speculation acr… 59 minutes ago
- RT @LichScrapBarn: We've had a little makeover, with a new website launching soon! 1 hour ago
- RT @ModernToss: How to behave on a porn website. http://t.co/VvA8Y3ODFc 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Frazier Chorus – Nothing - Has Been Proved Mix
- Frazier Chorus – Little Piece Of Hell
- Frazier Chorus – Blistered
- Frazier Chorus – Nothing - The Land Of Oz Mix
- Frazier Chorus – Nothing - raid mix
- Frazier Chorus – Nothing - Edit
- Frazier Chorus – Cloud 8 - future mix
- Frazier Chorus – Cloud 8 (Richie Rich Reconstruction)
- Frazier Chorus – Cloud 8 - Swing Machine Vocal Mix
- Frazier Chorus – Cloud 8 - Raid Mix
- Chasewater Strollers September 22, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Category Archives: Spotted whilst browsing the web
I have been contacted by the Group Chairman of 2nd Brownhills Scout Group, Clive Chapman, who’d like to hear from locals who may have been Scouts, or people who worked with the group over the years – it’s their 100th anniversary next year, and Clive is looking to record the group’s history and organise a celebration event.
Hey you lot – I owe you all, and the wonderful people at Distinctly Black Country an apology – for far too long I have neglected to share the excellent work been done by locals and professional historians alike into recording the remarkable histories of high-rise and system built housing across the Black Country.
Continue reading →
I’m pleased to note that Brownhills this year won a Silver Gilt Award in the ‘Heart of England in Bloom’ competition – not the kind of thing you’d normally associate with Brownhills, but year after year, the floral displays here have been improving, and this year they looked wonderful.
Just a heads up on some local taking points I’ve had buzzing around for a couple of days now – A few readers including David Evans and Martin Littler have pointed out the longstanding Ravens Court cafe The Acroplolis seems to have closed down.
Continue reading →
Just a quick heads up that this Sunday (7th September 2014), there was to be a Craft and Farmers Markets staged at Chasewater, which has been cancelled, with the organisers Bohemian Bunty pulling out of the monthly event.
Continue reading →
Don’t forget that this Saturday (6th September 2014) there’s a great music and entertainment charity event at the Shoulder of Mutton pub in Church Road, Brownhills.
Continue reading →
Reader and great freind of the blog Tony Jakeman has been in touch to ask if I can plug this event – West Midlands Hedgehog Rescue have an open day planned at The White Horse Pub, Cheslyn Hay this Saturday, 6th September 2014 from 12 noon until 4pm.