Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 16th - We’re in a real Indian summer at the... September 16, 2014
- September 16th - There’s a shop opened up in the former... September 16, 2014
- stevieboy378: Total silence, apart from the birdsong. This... September 16, 2014
- September 15th - Returning to Birmingham via Snow Hill station,... September 15, 2014
- September 15th - I spent the afternoon in Droitwich. This piece... September 15, 2014
- September 14th - Back up on Cannock Chase for the first time in... September 15, 2014
- September 14th - The boating lake at Chasewater has been drained... September 15, 2014
- September 13th - I whizzed up to Walsall Wood in the morning on... September 13, 2014
- September 12th - Conkers, by the shedload. The tree in Festival... September 13, 2014
- September 12th - I needed to pop into Lichfield, so I rushed... September 13, 2014
- September 11th - Less charming than the sunflower, but... September 12, 2014
- September 11th - In Darlaston Green, a sight to bring joy to the... September 11, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Cyclist hurt in Brownhills incident
- Scouting out the history
- Plane bizarre
- Ravens Court - Something is happening, but what?
- When the dam burst
- Tool burglary in Clayhanger: did you see these lads?
- Living on the skyline
- Did you know the late Thomas Williams?
- High hopes...
- The Red, White and Blue: what do you know?
- 1,674,929 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @wyrleyblog: Emily's autograph album, a birthday present in 1900 and a picture from her brother, Garrett - drawn this day in 1901 http:/… 48 minutes ago
- RT @dxblarssonENG: Teenage daughter called me an old fart. We both laughed and then I changed the password to our wifi. 1 hour ago
- RT @H_S_E: Check gas appliances! A lazy yellow flame, black marks/stains, too much condensation - all warning signs your appliances aren’t … 1 hour ago
- RT @Corporal_Kleg: Gah!! http://t.co/NsDnaZoMZq 1 hour ago
- RT @thestymaster: @BrownhillsBob @stymistress Come on. No man bought cushions, ever. 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Lemon Jelly – ‘75 aka Stay With You
- Lemon Jelly – Nice Weather For Ducks
- Lemon Jelly – Space Walk
- Lemon Jelly – Soft
- Lemon Jelly – Nice Weather for Ducks (radio edit)
- Lemon Jelly – Return to Patagonia
- Lemon Jelly – Pushy
- Lemon Jelly – Space Walk (Radio Edit)
- Lemon Jelly – The Fruity Track
- Lemon Jelly – Rolled
- Chasewater Strollers September 22, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Category Archives: Shared media
Earlier this evening (Tuesday, 16th September 2014) there appears to have been an accident involving a cyclist on the Chester Road, Shire Oak, between the Friezland Lane junction and Anchor Bridge.
I have been contacted by the Group Chairman of 2nd Brownhills Scout Group, Clive Chapman, who’d like to hear from locals who may have been Scouts, or people who worked with the group over the years – it’s their 100th anniversary next year, and Clive is looking to record the group’s history and organise a celebration event.
Following Saturday’s home win against Kirby Muxloe, Bill Shaw sent me the following match report, which caught me out and about – sorry for the delay, but here it is… Continue reading →
Here’s an interesting one that reaches me via Facebook, and is quite sensitive but worthwhile, I think – reader Tracie Miller contacted me in the week appealing for information about her father and his life, in an effort to gain more information about her family.
Continue reading →
You may recall that last week, I appealed for help from readers following the van burglary that took place at Clayhanger, during the early hours of Thursday 4th September 2014 – tools and equipment were stolen, including screw/nail guns and a radio from a van parked on the owner’s driveway on the Allerdale Estate in Clayhanger.
Continue reading →
Your chance to support Walsall Wood at home against Kirby Muxloe today!
Continue reading →
I’m pleased to note that Brownhills this year won a Silver Gilt Award in the ‘Heart of England in Bloom’ competition – not the kind of thing you’d normally associate with Brownhills, but year after year, the floral displays here have been improving, and this year they looked wonderful.