Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 29th - My apologies to the toad-phobics, but I had to... August 30, 2015
- August 29th - A late rove around Brownhills and I just missed... August 30, 2015
- August 29th - I nipped down to Stonnall to see a pal and left... August 29, 2015
- August 28th - On an early afternoon run home from work, a... August 29, 2015
- That unusual plant I asked about... August 29, 2015
- August 27th - It was a clear, bright moonlit night and I had an... August 28, 2015
- August 27th - Returning to Brownhills that evening, I stopped to... August 28, 2015
- August 26th - I think I was a bit previous on the acorn thing.I... August 28, 2015
- August 26th - Returning late in a glorious golden hour, I... August 28, 2015
- August 25th - Although it was a grey, miserable morning, the... August 25, 2015
- August 25th - The land at the bottom of Bentley Mill Way, wedged... August 25, 2015
- August 24th - A remarkable sunset struck when I was travelling... August 25, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- New Hall Mill open this Bank Holiday Monday - come and get crafty!
- One and a half centuries
- Odds and sods
- Streets ahead
- No shame in loss for Villans
- Marching on
- Walsall Wood under 18s flatten Kidsgrove
- Everything went off without a hitch...
- This wild land of heather and gorse
- He staked his all for the miners
- 2,564,262 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Pelsall planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @Mr_Mike_Clarke: I'd have done the same. http://t.co/SyYN8ybLOQ 13 minutes ago
- RT @RobOnABike: @BrownhillsBob As long as you don't start listening to Bread, it still counts as gf. 37 minutes ago
- RT @theaardvark: *Youngest sees a picture of Britannia* "Mummy, is that the Queen in a wheelchair?" 49 minutes ago
- RT @london_mush: 1910: Metroland youtu.be/mUi83iVPOAs 1 hour ago
- RT @CharismaLabel: Viv Stanshall's Big Grunt youtube.com/watch?v=y9ro2C… 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers August 31, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 7, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 14, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Category Archives: Shared media
Bill Shaw can’t leave the football alone, and since Walsall Wood had the day off yesterday, and since Bill lives in Leicestershire, it was a no-brainer for him to pop to Nuneaton to watch his other love, Pelsall Villa in action against Nuneaton Griff.
Here’s a film I’ve been keeping an eye out for for a while, and it was finally uploaded to YouTube last week by David Harper, for which I’m very grateful.
New Hall Mill is open again this Monday for their Arts and Crafts Day and I can heartily recommend the place – It’s fascinating and I had a great time there on Spring Bank Holiday Monday – not enough people know about this wonderful building.
Continue reading →
Since the main team are on a layoff today, both I and the young David Evans thought it might be good to highlight last weeks evening fixture from the Walsall Wood Under 18s team, when it’s fair to say the Wood kids hammered visitors Kidsgrove Athletic.
The revival of the Chase Inn at Newtown, Brownhills continues apace – there’s not only great ale and a warm, welcoming atmosphere, but great live music most weekends, too – tonight, (Saturday 29th August 2015) at 9:00pm you can catch rock covers band Fire, and in the afternoon slot 5-8pm on Sunday (30th August 2015) Roy C (Roy Conrad from Eagles tribute band Talon).
Sandfields Pumping Station champion and public historian extraordinaire Dave Moore has been in touch to let me know that this evening (Thursday 27th August 2015) there is a public progress meeting for the Lichfield Waterworks Trust charity, formerly the Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station group.
Continue reading →
Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust have been in contact to let me know about their Heritage Gathering which is coming up over the weekend of 18-19th September 2015, and takes place at their Huddlesford base, near Lichfield.