Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 2nd - I cycled home in steady, warm rain - but the... July 2, 2015
- July 2nd - In Darlaston, a gentle precipitation; sweet-smelling,... July 2, 2015
- July 1st - Also on the canal, near Bentley Mill Way, flowering... July 2, 2015
- July 1st - The Pleck swans were cool in the heat this morning,... July 2, 2015
- June 30th - Looking almost frosted on the warmest day of the... July 1, 2015
- June 30th - There’s a Matt Smith fan in Darlaston - what else... July 1, 2015
- June 29th - Intrigued and saddened to see the Four Crosses pub... June 30, 2015
- June 29th - I’m loving the orchids this year - they seem to have... June 29, 2015
- faz0la: I saw this friendly chap in the garden of a cottage I... June 29, 2015
- faz0la: My post morning jog view. June 29, 2015
- June 28th - Later in the day, I had to run into Aldridge on an... June 29, 2015
- June 28th - Feeling better, and a trundle to Brownhills... June 29, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Sports equipment stolen from Millfield School
- July 1995 - Brownhills Carnival
- No longer up the creek - Millfield School's canoe returned!
- A working man
- Does anyone know where Spring Nob is?
- The end and the beginning
- Aldridge Cinema - come see The Lego Movie this afternoon!
- 2015 Walsall Wood Family Fit 'n' Fun Day this Saturday
- Walsall Wood 1871 Inclosure
- Chartered flight
- 2,413,874 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- On reflection, stoking it through Trafalgar Square with Leftfield's 'Bad Radio in one ear was always going to be mega 10 minutes ago
- RT @HippoGriffinus: That's never Brownhills! twitter.com/lykkeli/status… 10 minutes ago
- RT @HippoGriffinus: @Bloxwich_shaun @WalsallCouncil will you fight to keep the Independent Living Fund protected? expressandstar.com/news/local-new… @E… 12 minutes ago
- RT @ArboRangerMark: Fancy a guided walk along the Arboretum's Tree Trail? Come for a stroll on Thursday 9th July, 6pm, no need to book :) h… 12 minutes ago
- RT @wolvesparkies: #SaveTheDate http://t.co/cp0ftTmEh1 12 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Neil Cowley Trio – Sirens Last Look Back
- Neil Cowley Trio – La Porte
- Neil Cowley Trio – Hope Machine
- Neil Cowley Trio – The Face Of Mount Molehill
- Neil Cowley Trio – Distance by Clockwork
- Neil Cowley Trio – Slims
- Neil Cowley Trio – Mini Ha Ha
- Neil Cowley Trio – Skies Are Rare
- Neil Cowley Trio – Meyer
- Neil Cowley Trio – Fable
- Chasewater Strollers July 6, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers July 13, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers July 20, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Category Archives: Shared media
Earlier today, I had the sad task of requesting help in tracing the scumbags who nicked a canoe and other sporting kit from Millfield School in Catshill, Brownhills.
I’m sad to say Millfield School in Catshill, Brownhills, has had their sport shed broken into twice in recent weeks, and sporting equipment has been taken – including a bright red canoe.
Continue reading →
Continuing the scans of the Brownhills Gazette – I present issue 70 of the long lost freesheet, from July 1995 for you to peruse and download – I’ve had an incredible response to featuring these long, lost publications here on the blog.
Now that summer is here, the nights have opened out and hopefully the good weather is at last upon us, why not take the family up to Oak Park this Saturday 4th July 2015?
Sadly, the sun didn’t make it along until late in the day, but even without the sunshine it was a great event – Brownhills Canalside Festival was back for 2015 – and with Brian Stringer at the helm, it was a a great event and a fun thing for the local community.
Details of this year’s Brownhills Canal Festival taking place today (Sunday 28th June 2015) at Silver Street in Brownhills have kindly been supplied by The Clayhanger Kid himself, Brian Stringer – it’s always a good event and last year was better than ever!
Periodically here, I muse on the nature of what we do – social, oral and collective local history – and wonder aloud about what makes it work, how to do it and whether we’re doing it right.
Continue reading →