Because you’re free to read this blog
- I passed by the entrance to Shire Oak Quarry in the early... April 19, 2015
- April 18th - Not far today, I was busy and weary with a rough... April 18, 2015
- April 17th - Another harbinger of spring: bluebells. First I’ve... April 17, 2015
- April 17th - Awfully long range photos, but the group of deer... April 17, 2015
- April 16th - Jockey Meadows between Sheffield and Walsall Wood... April 17, 2015
- April 16th - The greening continues. Darlaston is getting really... April 17, 2015
- April 15th - Shelfied, just on the marooned triangle of land... April 16, 2015
- April 15th - On my commute home, on the Walsall Canal. in a... April 16, 2015
- April 15th - Zipping over to Tipton and Great Bridge on a sunny... April 16, 2015
- April 14th - You think there’s nothing that could match the... April 14, 2015
- April 14th - A sunny, warm moring. A run through a Wednesbury... April 14, 2015
- Cycling from Aldridge to Westminster (not actually cycling there, that would be daft) April 13, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Chasewater Spring Fair this Sunday!
- February 1994 - Local trader purchases derelict buildings
- It must be election time
- Sunday Chasewater Craft & Farmers Market cancelled - but Whittington on this morning
- January 1994 - Are we being pushed out again?
- Badgers cull Woodmen
- Five treated after three vehicle collision in Brownhills High Street
- Walsall Wood away to Long Eaton at Grange Park this afternoon
- Weaving the Canes
- Free talk on Heritage at Risk tonight!
- 2,230,209 hits
- 2013 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- #365daysofbiking Plenty of space: ift.tt/1HFiz30 49 minutes ago
- RT @HouseOfGubbins: Four scones scoffed. Today was a good day. 1 hour ago
- RT @EmergencyNorman: Situation normal. http://t.co/6UIJVhol0k 1 hour ago
- RT @abradacabla: Nelly the elephant squished a dude, said "that's what you get if you hunt us". 1 hour ago
- If you've a song to sing, sing out! http://t.co/3s9xdGTkub 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Tangerine Dream – Force Majeure (Excerpt)
- Tangerine Dream – Cloudburst Flight
- Tangerine Dream – Ricochet (Part Two) - Live
- Tangerine Dream – Kiew Mission
- Tangerine Dream – Cinnamon Road
- Tangerine Dream – Cherokee Lane - Live;Edit
- Tangerine Dream – Choronzon
- Tangerine Dream – Stratosfear (excerpt)
- Tangerine Dream – Rubycon (Part One) (Excerpt)
- Tangerine Dream – Phaedra (Excerpt)
- Chasewater Strollers April 20, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Category Archives: Shared media
Continuing the scans of the Brownhills Gazette – I present issue 53 of the long lost freesheet, from Febuary 1994 for you to peruse and download – I’ve had an incredible response to featuring these long, lost publications here on the blog.
Just a quick heads up that this Sunday (19th April 2015), there’s to be a Spring Fair at Chasewater – I don’t know much about it but there will be craft stalls, food, amusements and all the usual type things there.
Walsall Wood FC face Long Eaton United away today!
A news story drifted into my feed in the last couple of days, which was also flagged up to me by top local history bloke Clive Roberts and the young David Evans: it seems that Brownhills High Street may well be in receipt of £125,000 of safety improvements, including hump crossings and high-grip surfaces.
Continue reading →
Continuing the scans of the Brownhills Gazette – I present issue 52 of the long lost freesheet, from January 1994 for you to peruse and download – I’ve had an incredible response to featuring these long, lost publications here on the blog.
Last Tuesday evening (14th April 2015) Walsall Wood entertained Dunkirk at home, and despite playing well, lost to the the visitors.
Friend of the blog Deryck Langford writes to inform me that there’s a fashion show and clothing event happening this Saturday evening (that’s 18th April 2015) at the Silver Street Methodist Church in Silver Street, Brownhills at 7:30pm.