Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 4th - Fully loaded with shopping, I pottered back, becoming... July 5, 2015
- July 4th - Independence day, but sadly not from work. To my... July 5, 2015
- July 3rd - I was wiped out. I’d had to sit on the floor all the... July 5, 2015
- July 3rd - As readers who follow me elsewhere will know, I have... July 5, 2015
- July 2nd - I cycled home in steady, warm rain - but the... July 2, 2015
- July 2nd - In Darlaston, a gentle precipitation; sweet-smelling,... July 2, 2015
- July 1st - Also on the canal, near Bentley Mill Way, flowering... July 2, 2015
- July 1st - The Pleck swans were cool in the heat this morning,... July 2, 2015
- June 30th - Looking almost frosted on the warmest day of the... July 1, 2015
- June 30th - There’s a Matt Smith fan in Darlaston - what else... July 1, 2015
- June 29th - Intrigued and saddened to see the Four Crosses pub... June 30, 2015
- June 29th - I’m loving the orchids this year - they seem to have... June 29, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Cars in the park - On now and tomorrow
- It's all kicking off in Lichfield!
- Rosie's walk and festival tomorrow!
- Does anyone know where Spring Nob is?
- Pictures from the 2015Waslall Wood Family fit 'n' fun day
- On now - 2015 Walsall Wood Family Fit 'n' Fun Day
- That didn't go to plan... or did it?
- Aldridge Cinema - come see The Lego Movie this afternoon!
- September 1995 - Walsall Wood FC up in flames!
- Sports equipment stolen from Millfield School
- 2,417,424 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Fucking brilliant mashable.com/2015/07/01/gra… 15 minutes ago
- #365daysofbiking Just a second: ift.tt/1RZJ4lx 16 minutes ago
- #365daysofbiking Far too many detractors: ift.tt/1M3ScDG 19 minutes ago
- RT @williamstafford: @Mudjokivis I beg your pardon, I never promised you a lady garden. 19 minutes ago
- RT @DJDarren: Vote for Boris, he’s such a funny, funny man. theguardian.com/environment/20… 25 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Sunday Neurosis
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Torito
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – The Soundmaker
- Calexico – Miles from the Sea
- Calexico – Cumbia de Donde
- Calexico – Tapping on the Line
- Calexico – When the Angels Played
- Calexico – Bullets & Rocks
- Calexico – Falling From The Sky
- Calexico – Let It Slip Away (bonus track)
- Chasewater Strollers July 6, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers July 13, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers July 20, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Category Archives: Reader enquiries
Continuing the scans of the Brownhills Gazette – I present issue 72 of the long lost freesheet, from September 1995 for you to peruse and download – I’ve had an incredible response to featuring these long, lost publications here on the blog.
To continue the rash of parish notices, tomorrow (Sunday 5th July 2015) sees the Rosie’s Charity Walk and Festival in aid of the wonderful Rosie’s Helping Hands Charity – I’m sure readers know the story of how the charity started, and now in the fourteenth year, this event raises a whole lot of cash for local good causes and proves that good things really can come from tragedy.
Continue reading →
The revival of the Chase Inn at Newtown, Brownhills continues apace – there’s not only great ale and a warm, welcoming atmosphere, but great live music most weekends, too – this Saturday (4th July 2015) at 7:30pm you can catch Electric Soup with support from Black Light Secret and in the afternoon slot on Sunday (5th July 2015) highly rated band Going Diablo play from 4-7pm.
Sorry folks, very busy and hanging on by the seat of my pants here – but right now and tomorrow as part of Festival Weekend in Lichfield, it’s the Cars in the Park event at Beacon Park, Lichfield. Continue reading →
It’s a busy old time in Lichfield over the next few days, with The Lichfield Waterworks Trust having a stall at the Lichfield Festival Market this Saturday (4th July 2015), and Kate Cardigan’s informal Lichfield history group, Lichfield Discovered holding an informal monthly pub meeting on Tuseday evening (7th July 2015).
I like this one – over the weekend an enquiry came in from friend of the blog Gillian Gaiser, as to the location of a place she members being called Spring Nob.
Continue reading →
Earlier today, I had the sad task of requesting help in tracing the scumbags who nicked a canoe and other sporting kit from Millfield School in Catshill, Brownhills.