Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 1st - And when I say frenetic, I mean frenetic. Look... September 2, 2015
- September 1st - Today, for the first time in ages, I had to go... September 2, 2015
- August 31st - I rode out via Canwell and Middleton to Middleton... September 1, 2015
- August 31st - Couldn’t stay in on August Bank Holiday Monday,... August 31, 2015
- August 30th - This time of year is mostly about fruits, and this... August 31, 2015
- August 30th - A grey day, but I needed a ride. It’s been a few... August 31, 2015
- August 29th - My apologies to the toad-phobics, but I had to... August 30, 2015
- August 29th - A late rove around Brownhills and I just missed... August 30, 2015
- August 29th - I nipped down to Stonnall to see a pal and left... August 29, 2015
- August 28th - On an early afternoon run home from work, a... August 29, 2015
- That unusual plant I asked about... August 29, 2015
- August 27th - It was a clear, bright moonlit night and I had an... August 28, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- As far distant as the millennium
- Wood battle hard, but draw with Mikes
- Major road closes this Sunday for 7 weeks: be prepared
- January 1990 - Call for flood investigation...
- Everything went off without a hitch...
- Richard Meanley Anson - a Victim Of World War One - can you help?
- One and a half centuries
- Ticket to ride
- Get with the programme: Shire Oak School opening day 1967
- He staked his all for the miners
- 2,567,504 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Pelsall planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- #365daysofbiking Frenetic: ift.tt/1O6HfSU 51 minutes ago
- #365daysofbiking I could live here: ift.tt/1N1k3He 51 minutes ago
- #365daysofbiking Dripping sadness: ift.tt/1N1k3Ha 51 minutes ago
- #365daysofbiking Ginger opportunist: ift.tt/1N1k11S 51 minutes ago
- RT @bloxwichfire: Giving Aldridge a helping hand. Bobcat on its way from Smethwick #RTB http://t.co/XWXgKPx5tM 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers September 7, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 14, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 21, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Category Archives: Reader enquiries
Can I please ask readers to be on the lookout for the above Santa Cruz Nomad bike, stolen from the Shell petrol station on Northgate at around 5:45pm on Thursday, 20th August 2015?
It was a wet and dull Bank holiday Monday, but the football was bright and entertaining as Boldmere St. Michaels drew with Walsall Wood FC at Church Road.
Long term readers will no doubt remember the fascinating and remarkable story of Arthur Burton, a local Great War hero, whose story was told by David Evans and Desmond Burton in the early days of this blog.
Continue reading →
New Hall Mill is open again this Monday for their Arts and Crafts Day and I can heartily recommend the place – It’s fascinating and I had a great time there on Spring Bank Holiday Monday – not enough people know about this wonderful building. Continue reading →
Come watch Walsall Wood FC face Boldmere St. Michaels away at Church Road – just a short hop down the Chestrer Road. Continue reading →
Bill Shaw can’t leave the football alone, and since Walsall Wood had the day off yesterday, and since Bill lives in Leicestershire, it was a no-brainer for him to pop to Nuneaton to watch his other love, Pelsall Villa in action against Nuneaton Griff.
Here’s a film I’ve been keeping an eye out for for a while, and it was finally uploaded to YouTube last week by David Harper, for which I’m very grateful.