Because you’re free to read this blog
- November 27th - I again returned via Walsall Wood, but unlike... November 28, 2014
- November 27th - A difficult day. I had to dash back from Walsall... November 28, 2014
- November 26th - A dreadfully weary, damp homeward commute in... November 27, 2014
- November 26th - Getting more than my fair share of wet commutes... November 27, 2014
- November 25th - Further on, near Bentley Bridge, a narrowboat... November 27, 2014
- November 25th - It was a bright, frosty and hazy morning, but... November 27, 2014
- November 24th - I’m never sure what to make of this.... November 24, 2014
- November 24th - A gorgeous, frosty winter morning. I had a call... November 24, 2014
- November 23rd - It seems Staffordshire County Council -... November 24, 2014
- November 23rd - A run out on errands late morning was shrouded... November 24, 2014
- November 22nd - Despite occasional heavy showers, it was a... November 22, 2014
- November 22nd - I had to nip to Aldridge in the afternoon, and... November 22, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- October 1990 - Wake up Brownhills - does anyone care?
- Snapshots of a family
- Just William
- Gerald Reece talk: on tonight!
- Howdles Lane convenience store saved!
- Serious road accident in Shelfield last night
- September 1990 - Vandals & dumpers causing problems on old track bed
- OAP fighting for life after Walsall Wood car accident
- More than just a grocer...
- Brownhills School: driven to distraction
- 1,870,901 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @No1LindaMason: Did you know that there was a bus appeals body? No, nor me. bususers.org/complaints/how… 9 minutes ago
- RT @distinctlybc: "Was a good day when Bolton court was knocked down, but the whole of St marks road would be better flattened" https://t.c… 37 minutes ago
- RT @ffolliet: I cuddled a baby for the whole ward round as he was sad. I win Friday 38 minutes ago
- RT @BurntwoodTC: Tree at the Library being prepared http://t.co/e7lp6zxcup 38 minutes ago
- RT @Charalanahzard: Sometimes young boys on Facebook send me rape threats, so I've started telling their mothers. http://t.co/0Cbs81eXiE 38 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
No upcoming events
Category Archives: Local music
Recently I note lots of people complaining on the internet and in local papers that Walsall has no theatre, and somebody really should do something about it – what’s annoying about this is Walsall has 3 theatres (even more if you count the small venues in schools) and even more theatre companies, performing some top notch shows, seemingly unknown to many.
Continue reading →
This is just a reminder that on this coming Friday evening at 7:30pm, 7th November 2014 there will be a wonderful First World War concert at St. Johns Church, Walsall Wood, performed by a 40 man male voice choir and the Staffordshire Band.
Old pal of the blog and top local musical whizz Jamie Norgrove contacted me from Brownhills Musical Theatre Company a few days ago to ask if I’d give their latest production – Brownhills Goes to Broadway – a plug.
Continue reading →
Last year, I ran a series of articles here on the Brownhills Blog about Brownhills Co-operative Choral Society, a very highly respected musical ensemble indeed, and a remarkable, often overlooked piece of Brownhills history.
Local chap and musician John Carver contacted me a week or so ago to ask me to give this fine folk gig a plug, starring a lady with a rather remarkable local tale to tell – and she’s supported by some rather excellent welsh musicians, too. Continue reading →
For early September, there’s an awful lot happening this weekend and I’m making a point of advertising this event, as it’s part something special, and very close to my heart – Black Country Echoes.
Don’t forget that this Saturday (6th September 2014) there’s a great music and entertainment charity event at the Shoulder of Mutton pub in Church Road, Brownhills.
Continue reading →