Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 22nd - With a light heart and the wind behind me, I... December 23, 2014
- December 22nd - A day at work in Darlaston, then nipping into... December 23, 2014
- December 21st - I was spinning up to Walsall Wood to make a... December 23, 2014
- Deember 21st - I’m interested in road safety technology... December 23, 2014
- December 20th - I came back up through Longdon and Farewell as I... December 20, 2014
- December 20th - Today, today was great. I had a Christmas errand... December 20, 2014
- December 19th - Also on my commute, the gorse (or is it broom?)... December 20, 2014
- December 19th - I don’t know why I think this, but I... December 20, 2014
- December 18th - the weather got progressively worse, and on my... December 18, 2014
- December 18th - a half day, and chance to nip on an errand to... December 18, 2014
- December 17th - At Kings Hill, passing through on an errand, I... December 18, 2014
- December 17th - A better morning - and rather warm, it has to be... December 18, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Peter Giovanni Pelari - A beautiful tribute
- Caught in time
- A lost line
- Diamonds and dust
- Road accident in Brownhills High Street
- Brownhills High Street Accident - West Midlands Ambulance Service statement
- Pensioner dies following Brownhills collision
- It's not Christmas without the cards
- June 1991 - Is the waiting nearly over?
- It's the season, innit?
- 1,930,286 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- #365daysofbiking Beacon of light: ift.tt/1ATapOZ 3 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking Curiously beautiful: ift.tt/13yfsJw 3 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking Humble but handsome: ift.tt/1ABbJaZ 3 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking Lighting the way: ift.tt/1zPmvZO 3 hours ago
- RT @TheMediaTweets: It feels like we're surely nearing the season finale of long running political farce 'UKIP'... http://t.co/SbgMiSqVi1 4 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
No upcoming events
Category Archives: Local music
I have to congratulate the people who worked so hard on Brownhills Christmas Market – I went yesterday, and it was a joy to see Brownhills so busy once more – considering the majority involved were volunteers and on a tight budget, this was an excellent event and I thank you all for your hard work.
Recently I note lots of people complaining on the internet and in local papers that Walsall has no theatre, and somebody really should do something about it – what’s annoying about this is Walsall has 3 theatres (even more if you count the small venues in schools) and even more theatre companies, performing some top notch shows, seemingly unknown to many.
Continue reading →
This is just a reminder that on this coming Friday evening at 7:30pm, 7th November 2014 there will be a wonderful First World War concert at St. Johns Church, Walsall Wood, performed by a 40 man male voice choir and the Staffordshire Band.
Old pal of the blog and top local musical whizz Jamie Norgrove contacted me from Brownhills Musical Theatre Company a few days ago to ask if I’d give their latest production – Brownhills Goes to Broadway – a plug.
Continue reading →
Last year, I ran a series of articles here on the Brownhills Blog about Brownhills Co-operative Choral Society, a very highly respected musical ensemble indeed, and a remarkable, often overlooked piece of Brownhills history.
Local chap and musician John Carver contacted me a week or so ago to ask me to give this fine folk gig a plug, starring a lady with a rather remarkable local tale to tell – and she’s supported by some rather excellent welsh musicians, too. Continue reading →
For early September, there’s an awful lot happening this weekend and I’m making a point of advertising this event, as it’s part something special, and very close to my heart – Black Country Echoes.