Because you’re free to read this blog
- March 31st - At Clayhanger Bridge on the canal near Brownhills,... April 1, 2015
- March 31st - A dreadful day to commute, although you’d never... April 1, 2015
- March 30th - The delightful spring day evaporated late... March 31, 2015
- March 30th - I keep banging on about this, but it is rather... March 31, 2015
- March 29th - It was just an awfully uninspiring day. There were... March 30, 2015
- March 29th - The start of British Summertime, and out of the... March 30, 2015
- March 28th - Another type of life entirely, and one for the cat... March 28, 2015
- March 28th - Even on the greyest days, Brownhills has signs of... March 28, 2015
- March 27th - Hands up, who knew there were still the ruins of a... March 28, 2015
- March 27th - Sunset over the Tame Valley canal, looking from... March 28, 2015
- March 27th - This seems unusual to me - well developed Canada... March 28, 2015
- March 27th - Another afternoon escape, and I hit the canal... March 28, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Plea for family of deceased Caldmore man
- Do you give a monkeys?
- New road safety initiative for Brownhills
- June 1993 - Support for quarry scheme
- Plea to find family of man who passed away in local hostel
- The Wheatsheaf, Brownhills - what do we know?
- Sunday puzzle: Who's in this lineup?
- As the dual carriageway came through
- The other 'Wood: from the air...
- 'You could buy anything at all here...'
- 2,186,758 hits
- 2013 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @robmcd85: 100 dogs have pawed a letter calling #DavidCameron an arse #GE2015 http://t.co/dUrG9PJcjR 11 minutes ago
- Sending goodwill to Joni Mitchell tonight. youtube.com/watch?v=1tDpyv… 12 minutes ago
- 'No trouble in their faces, not one anxious voice, noe of that crazy you get from too much choice' 12 minutes ago
- Interesting perspective. Can see the point, but not sure I agree. Well argued, thobut andrewclayton.wordpress.com/2015/04/01/use… 38 minutes ago
- RT @cupcakejoules: It's Wednesday night bath again and Buddy would rather be somewhere else! http://t.co/SO8930e8Kb 41 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- José González – With the Ink of a Ghost
- José González – Open Book
- José González – Afterglow
- José González – Vissel
- José González – What Will
- José González – Every Age
- José González – Leaf Off / The Cave
- José González – The Forest
- José González – Stories We Build, Stories We Tell
- José González – Let It Carry You
- Chasewater Strollers April 6, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers April 13, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers April 20, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Category Archives: Local music
The Clayhanger Kid – Brian Stringer who this week requested applications for new stalls for the Brownhills Canalside Festival, has been overwhelmed by the positive response, and would like to say thank you to all who contacted him and expressed an interest.
Continue reading →
I have another request here and a bit of a plug from The Clayhanger Kid himself – Brian Stringer – who is again organising the Brownhills Canalside Festival for 2015, this year taking place on Sunday 28th June.
Reder Peter has been in touch with an important appeal – the Scout group at St. Tomas’s Church in Lazy Hill, between Aldridge and Walsall Wood, needs volunteer leaders.
Last week, I posted a promotional ad for local lad Andy Penn’s fundraiser, which took place last Friday at the Shoulder of Mutton to raise funds to support his skydive for Birmingham Children’s Hospital.
Continue reading →
I was contacted a while ago by a very brave local lad, Andy Penn, who’s undertaking a 10,000ft tandem skydive in aid of Birmingham Children’s Hospital in March – and this Friday (27th February 2015) Andy has organised a great fundraising evening at the Shoulder of Mutton pub in Church Road, Brownhills.
Old pal of the blog and top local musical whizz Jamie Norgrove contacted me from Brownhills Musical Theatre Company a few days ago to ask if I’d give their latest production – Sister Act – a plug.
Yesterday, I published a post requesting suggestions for bands that might be good to play at the 2015 Brownhills Canalised Festival, which is to take place on Sunday, 28th June 2015 at the canalised in Silver Street.