Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 1st - And when I say frenetic, I mean frenetic. Look... September 2, 2015
- September 1st - Today, for the first time in ages, I had to go... September 2, 2015
- August 31st - I rode out via Canwell and Middleton to Middleton... September 1, 2015
- August 31st - Couldn’t stay in on August Bank Holiday Monday,... August 31, 2015
- August 30th - This time of year is mostly about fruits, and this... August 31, 2015
- August 30th - A grey day, but I needed a ride. It’s been a few... August 31, 2015
- August 29th - My apologies to the toad-phobics, but I had to... August 30, 2015
- August 29th - A late rove around Brownhills and I just missed... August 30, 2015
- August 29th - I nipped down to Stonnall to see a pal and left... August 29, 2015
- August 28th - On an early afternoon run home from work, a... August 29, 2015
- That unusual plant I asked about... August 29, 2015
- August 27th - It was a clear, bright moonlit night and I had an... August 28, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Warning - Ogley Road partially closed at High Street junction from next Monday
- Rare bike stolen from Aldridge - police issue more CCTV images
- Rare bike stolen from Aldridge - please keep an eye out
- Major road closes this Sunday for 7 weeks: be prepared
- Upcoming road closures in Brownhills
- What's this stuff about, then?
- Photos from the 2015 Brownhills Community Fun Day
- Marching through the memories
- One and a half centuries
- B&M coming to Aldridge - vacancies now being advertised
- 2,572,700 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @Jonstradamus: Evolution is a hoax. Global warming is a hoax. Feminism is a hoax. 9/11 was a hoax. Israelis being Israelites is a hoa… 7 hours ago
- A great on for @thestymaster via @catnip RT @ghostBebop: HIROSHIMA CAT STREET VIEW! hiroshima-welcome.jp/kanpai/catstre… youtu.be/pFULqJJCnqs 8 hours ago
- RT @HorribleSanity: I seriously doubt headlines get any better than this. (Minneapolis Journal 1906) http://t.co/0jHIgtPkj9 9 hours ago
- Vic has just watched me fascinated as I lit the stove. I think he thinks of gone stark staring mad, and is now sat staring at it 10 hours ago
- RT @NotRollergirl: This is my favourite Viz letter ever. http://t.co/v3aJ6mqwiF 10 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers September 7, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 14, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 21, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Category Archives: Local media
West Midlands Police have this morning issued a statement about the bike theft from the Shell Petrol Station in Northgate, Aldridge featured here yesterday, together with more detail and further images of the suspect and vehicle.
Can I please ask readers to be on the lookout for the above Santa Cruz Nomad bike, stolen from the Shell petrol station on Northgate at around 5:45pm on Thursday, 20th August 2015?
It was a wet and dull Bank holiday Monday, but the football was bright and entertaining as Boldmere St. Michaels drew with Walsall Wood FC at Church Road.
Long term readers will no doubt remember the fascinating and remarkable story of Arthur Burton, a local Great War hero, whose story was told by David Evans and Desmond Burton in the early days of this blog.
Continue reading →
New Hall Mill is open again this Monday for their Arts and Crafts Day and I can heartily recommend the place – It’s fascinating and I had a great time there on Spring Bank Holiday Monday – not enough people know about this wonderful building. Continue reading →
Come watch Walsall Wood FC face Boldmere St. Michaels away at Church Road – just a short hop down the Chestrer Road. Continue reading →
Bill Shaw can’t leave the football alone, and since Walsall Wood had the day off yesterday, and since Bill lives in Leicestershire, it was a no-brainer for him to pop to Nuneaton to watch his other love, Pelsall Villa in action against Nuneaton Griff.