Because you’re free to read this blog
- April 20th - And in Telford, all along the cycleways from... April 20, 2015
- April 20th - A shock this morning. I had a train to catch so... April 20, 2015
- April 19th - I still wasn’t feeling great, and added to which I... April 20, 2015
- April 19th - Sometimes it’s necessary to point out the less... April 20, 2015
- I passed by the entrance to Shire Oak Quarry in the early... April 19, 2015
- April 18th - Not far today, I was busy and weary with a rough... April 18, 2015
- April 17th - Another harbinger of spring: bluebells. First I’ve... April 17, 2015
- April 17th - Awfully long range photos, but the group of deer... April 17, 2015
- April 16th - Jockey Meadows between Sheffield and Walsall Wood... April 17, 2015
- April 16th - The greening continues. Darlaston is getting really... April 17, 2015
- April 15th - Shelfied, just on the marooned triangle of land... April 16, 2015
- April 15th - On my commute home, on the Walsall Canal. in a... April 16, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Urgent! Bike stolen from Brownhills
- Open Mike
- March 1994 - Plans to replace eyesore buildings
- Sorry folks...
- February 1994 - Local trader purchases derelict buildings
- Urgent: Spate of thefts and burglaries in Brownhills
- Brownhills - leading the way in innovative greetings
- Eaton beaten by Woodmen
- Nicked bike alert!
- Chasewater Spring Fair this Sunday!
- 2,238,691 hits
- 2013 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @Mudjokivis: @BrownhillsBob @thestymaster They took out a £50 loan last year. 1 hour ago
- Quality political journalism right there. twitter.com/jonwalker121/s… 1 hour ago
- RT @TeaLady24: This cat is the most massive I've ever seen, huge, fat and cuddly. Car shown for scale. #pubcat http://t.co/L5IYcnDT6r 1 hour ago
- RT @BlackCountryPic: For more of @MRGOLDIE 's grafitti from Heath Town (still there if you know where to look) try here: https://t.co/ayxus… 1 hour ago
- RT @PrimlyStable: In clip from new Tory broadcast, group of businessmen behind popular start-up outline consequences of Lab/SNP rule: https… 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Steve Reich – Radio Rewrite: II. Slow
- Steve Reich – Radio Rewrite: I. Fast
- Steve Reich – Piano Counterpoint
- Steve Reich – Electric Counterpoint: III. Fast
- Steve Reich – Electric Counterpoint: II. Slow
- Steve Reich – Electric Counterpoint: I. Fast
- China Crisis – Working With Fire And Steel
- China Crisis – Blue Sea
- China Crisis – The World Spins, I'm Part Of It
- China Crisis – Bigger The Punch I'm Feeling
No upcoming events
Category Archives: Local media
Continuing the scans of the Brownhills Gazette – I present issue 54 of the long lost freesheet, from March 1994 for you to peruse and download. I’ve had an incredible response to featuring these long, lost publications here on the blog.
Hi folks – while I’m prodding the hardware with a long stick, there’s an important shout out I need to make for a young lad who does a paper round for Downes Newsagents in Brownhills.
Continue reading →
Yesterday, whilst mooching on Panoramio for an image of Chasewater (sometimes it’s the best way to find my own photos, oddly enough) I came upon a gallery by a reader and contributor the the blog, Mike Leonard – it’s remarkable.
Walsall Wood FC took the trip to Long Eaton yesterday, and the Woodmen returned to form, beating the home side.
Continue reading →
Continuing the scans of the Brownhills Gazette – I present issue 53 of the long lost freesheet, from Febuary 1994 for you to peruse and download – I’ve had an incredible response to featuring these long, lost publications here on the blog.
Just a quick heads up that this Sunday (19th April 2015), there’s to be a Spring Fair at Chasewater – I don’t know much about it but there will be craft stalls, food, amusements and all the usual type things there.
Walsall Wood FC face Long Eaton United away today!