Because you’re free to read this blog
- January 21st - On a grey, depressing day, I stopped to check out... January 24, 2015
- January 20th - I’ve been hoping for a decent fall of snow... January 21, 2015
- January 20th - Another gorgeous but brittle cold morning... January 21, 2015
- January 19th - Again, apologies for the long-range, poor photos,... January 20, 2015
- January 19th - A cold commute on a sunny morning, and lots of... January 20, 2015
- January 18th - For the first time in weeks, my deer magnet was... January 18, 2015
- January 8th - Unexpectedly, Dazzle Ships on the Chasetown... January 18, 2015
- January 18th - A thoroughly gorgeous but cold morning, greying... January 18, 2015
- January 17th - Rotate ninety degrees sunwise from the bell... January 17, 2015
- January 17th - Passing through Walsall on an errand in the... January 17, 2015
- January 16th - Scooting between Snow Hill and New Street to... January 17, 2015
- January 16th - A day in Droitwich for a change. Cold, hard and... January 17, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- The Mancunian candidate
- March 1992 - Are we on our own at night and hounded by day?
- Can you help Matty in his campaign for a skatepark in Clayhanger?
- Lock, stock and barrel?
- How many....?
- The displaced
- Down with the yoot - but watch out for the Teds
- Important - help save Burntwood's Children's Centres
- Post Morton
- Your guide to Walsall - 125 years ago
- 2,005,282 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @SLATUKIP: A UKIP supporter. Check it out. facebook.com/pages/Bipolar-… 13 minutes ago
- RT @bristling: I think I'm dying of ideology 15 minutes ago
- RT @bristling: loving this really unbiased survey from our local Tory MP http://t.co/Ee9ix7Lkrl 15 minutes ago
- RT @KayBurley: Hoax caller put through to PM at Downing St claimed to be director of GCHQ 46 minutes ago
- RT @StarrOutlook: Today's vending machines could learn a thing or two. vintage.viralnova.com/vintage-vendin… via @ViralNova 48 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Laurie Antonioli – Barangrill
- Karen Oberlin – Barangrill
- China Crisis – Tragedy and Mystery
- China Crisis – Wishful Thinking
- China Crisis – Here Comes A Raincloud
- China Crisis – Animals In Jungles
- China Crisis – Hanna Hanna
- China Crisis – When The Piper Calls
- China Crisis – Working With Fire And Steel
- China Crisis – Blue Sea
- Chasewater Strollers January 26, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Category Archives: Local media
Esther Allen of Chasewater Strollers and Councillor ‘Aunty Sue’ Woodward have been in touch over the weekend to let me know that they’re very worried about the future of the two Children’s centres in Burntwood, and have launched a campaign and petition to keep them open.
I’ve received an astoundingly impressive email from Matty Keating, who’s a young lad aged eleven from Clayhanger – like me when I was his age, he feels his age group are not being well catered for in the village and he’s campaigning for a skate park.
A bit of a mystery arrives in the mailbox from the young David Evans – Manchester House in Brownhills, as shown in the above image dating from the 1920s, kindly donated by Mavis Woodhouse, from whom there’s a whole tranche of stuff to come.
Continue reading →
Continuing the scans of the Brownhills Gazette – I present issue 30 of the long lost freesheet, from March 1992 for you to peruse and download. I’ve had an incredible response to featuring these long, lost publications here on the blog.
Today (24th January 2015), Walsall Wood FC were supposed to be off to Barnsley to replay their tied FA Vase match against Shaw Lane Aquaforce, which hung in a one-all draw last Saturday; sadly following a pitch inspection, the match was called off.
Continue reading →
Readers with long memories may well recall that in December 2014 there was some furore over the selection of the next Conservative Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Aldridge Brownhills following the standing down of Richard Shepherd, who’s retiring from his 36 year tenure at the next general election.
Here’s one I’ve been meaning to do for ages, but the sheer labour of it has been off-putting; but now I have access to a professional scanner, it’s a lot easier to scan publications like W Henry Robinson’s ‘Guide to Walsall – an illustrated guide’, which was published in 1889 and is a captivating gazetteer and document of a growing town and its life.
Continue reading →