Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 30th - If you’re planning to go for a walk or... October 31, 2014
- October 30th - The morning commute was marked by the wildlife I... October 31, 2014
- October 29th - Just near the Post Office on Victoria Road,... October 30, 2014
- October 29th - On the edge of Darlaston’s industrial area... October 30, 2014
- October 28th - Coming into the town centre from the Green, I... October 29, 2014
- October 28th - Autumn seems to be lasting forever this year. The... October 29, 2014
- October 27th - A quieter, and altogether more successful hunter... October 28, 2014
- October 27th - Ah, Mr. Calico… we meet again. This male... October 28, 2014
- October 26th - I popped up to Shire Oak Park on the way back,... October 27, 2014
- October 26th - I went out in the morning in a heavy wind to run... October 27, 2014
- October 25th - The Parade, Brownhills. Just by Holland... October 27, 2014
- October 25th - I spotted them by chance as I shot down Church... October 27, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Serious road accident in Shelfield last night
- Urgent - motorbike just stolen from Walsall Wood
- Police appeal for witnesses to fatal road collision in Walsall Wood
- Burglary in Shire Oak: Please be on your guard
- Bonfire and fireworks in Brownhills this Saturday!
- Motorbike accident in Brownhills?
- January 1990 - Call for flood investigation...
- Cyclist hurt in Brownhills incident
- Serious accident between car and horse drawn cart near Stonnall
- December 1989 - Shopkeepers angry about the neglect of Silver Court
- 1,779,444 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Wee one finished socialising & joins me for a late night chocolate.'they're a bit drunk' she opines 'they're laughing too much at the jokes' 1 hour ago
- The eyes have it. Not noticed these earlier http://t.co/uL3uxvvfNz 1 hour ago
- RT @Charles_HRH: Just told two horrible little boys begging for sweets to piss off before realising it was Cameron and Clegg. Awkward. 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Fram
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Somnium
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Misty Moses
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Sunday Neurosis
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Torito
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – The Soundmaker
- Bentley Rhythm Ace – Bentley's Gonna Sort You Out
- Bentley Rhythm Ace – Run On The Spot
- Frazier Chorus – Little Piece Of Hell
- Frazier Chorus – Blistered
No upcoming events
Category Archives: Local media
Last night (Thursday 30th October 2014) there was a serious road traffic collision on the Lichfield Road in Shelfield in which six people were hurt – I’m getting lots of enquiries about this, and the following press release was issued by West Midlands Ambulance Service and posted on their blog.
Hey people – please be on the lookout for a stolen Honda NSC50R Repsol motorbike, taken in this evening between 9 and 10pm from Quantock Close, just off Occupation Road, Walsall Wood. Continue reading →
Continuing the scans of the Brownhills Gazette – I present issue 4 of the long lost freesheet, from January 1990 for you to peruse and download. I’ve had an incredible response to featuring these long, lost publications here on the blog.
Just a quick reminder that Brownhills Bonfire is at Holland Park this Saturday evening (1st November 2014) – the fire will be lit at 7pm and the fireworks kick off at 8pm.
Continue reading →
On Tuesday evening (28th October 2014), Walsall Wood FC faced Continental Star at home, and a remarkably tense, high scoring game ensued.
Continue reading →
I’ve finally bought my own copy of Clive Roberts’ book ‘ Snippets of History In and around Walsall Wood’ which I review here today – I must say the 79 page £8 book is a cracker – and it’s available right now.
Continuing the scans of the Brownhills Gazette – I present issue 3 of the long lost freesheet, from December 1989 for you to peruse and download. I’ve had an incredible response to featuring these long, lost publications here on the blog.