Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 6th - Traffic. Tell me when my red light turns green. I... October 7, 2015
- October 6th - Also looking good in the autumn colour is church... October 7, 2015
- October 6th - A terribly grey morning, spotting with rain and I... October 7, 2015
- October 6th - It’s nice to see a local pub coming back from the... October 6, 2015
- 4th October - And finally, watch out if you’re riding along the... October 5, 2015
- October 4th - The fly agaric are a bit thin on the ground this... October 5, 2015
- October 4th - I have no idea what his name was, but this young... October 5, 2015
- October 4th - A considerably different day, the sun was again... October 5, 2015
- October 3rd - The old railway between Pelsall and Brownhills... October 5, 2015
- October 3rd - A short recovery ride over to Clayhanger Marsh and... October 5, 2015
- October 2nd - The return from Derby was long and leisurely. Lots... October 4, 2015
- October 2nd - As well as Leicester, there will always be a place... October 4, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- 56 bus service: Travel West Midlands to fill the gap
- Funeral arrangements for Michael Cater
- May 1990 - Devastated Wildlife at Clayhanger
- Have you seen Benny the cat?
- Meet Lichfield Discovered over a pint tonight!
- Diamond Busses confirm 56 service to be withdrawn
- Wood boys hold Heanor Lions at bay
- Details of Shire Oak Pub refurbishment now available
- Withdrawal of 56 bus service: Latest news, and please sign the petition!
- Shire Oak Pub refurbishment starts next week!
- 2,646,503 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @RobOnABike: @BrownhillsBob Tough on balti, tough on the causes of balti. 2 hours ago
- RT @jonwalker121: Cameron highlighted Birmingham & Mogadishu in Somalia, home of terror group Al-Shabaab, as having extremism problem http:… 3 hours ago
- Fucking hell twitter.com/jonwalker121/s… 3 hours ago
- RT @BBCBreaking: Church of England expresses "deep shame and regret" over sex assaults by Peter Ball when he was working as a bishop http:… 3 hours ago
- RT @1630revello: Brian Eno: I am my own worst critic. Cat: Not while I'm alive. http://t.co/OZWXGdUu25 3 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers October 12, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers October 19, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers October 26, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Category Archives: Local History
I see that there Kate Cardigan from the wonderful Lichfield Lore is has an informal local history meeting on this evening with her irreverent and fun Lichfield history group, Lichfield Discovered.
For a few weeks now, I’ve been featuring images here from an archive I haven’t named, but is remarkable – not just for the content, but for the quirkiness and inaccuracy of some of the content.
It is with great sadness that I share with readers the passing of a true friend, not just of the blog, but of our borough – Roger ‘Ziksby’ Jones, who passed away as Aldridge Court Nursing Home on Friday 25th September 2015, after suffering Motor Neurones Disease for some time.
I note that Chasewater Railway volunteer, local blogger and top chap John Daft has issued an appeal on the railway museum blog to call for donations or copies of any press cuttings or pictures relating to the project that the public may have in their possession.
The controversy over the withdrawal of the Diamond Buses 56 service from Brownhills to Walsall refuses to die down, and there’s now an online petition you can sign in support of the service and Councillor Steve Wade’s efforts to save it.
An interesting event is taking place this Saturday, 26th September 2015 at Chasewater, where the Chase Sailing Club (that’s the one on the north shore) will be sailing 60 or more boats to celebrate six decades afloat at the reservoir.
Continue reading →
Sandfields Pumping Station champion and public historian extraordinaire Dave Moore has been in touch to let me know that this Thursday evening (Thursday 24th September 2015) there will be a public progress meeting for the Lichfield Waterworks Trust charity, formerly the Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station group.
Continue reading →