Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 28th - At Clayhanger, the Mallard family that numbered four... May 29, 2015
- May 28th - I came past Jockey Meadows in the early evening on my... May 29, 2015
- May 27th - He was there again, the cat I notice a lot in the... May 29, 2015
- May 27th - I guess a lost balloon is a reflection on the sadness... May 29, 2015
- May 26th - Around the corner, the new housing development at... May 26, 2015
- May 26th - I had cause to visit Walsall Wood on my way home, on... May 26, 2015
- May 25th - On the Plants Brook/New Hall Valley cycle route NCN... May 26, 2015
- May 25th - I’ve found a little oasis I never realised existed,... May 26, 2015
- madoldbaggage: Spring flowers etc this bank holiday weekend at... May 25, 2015
- May 24th - The wildflowers and blossom are wonderful this year.... May 25, 2015
- May 24th - The Watermead swan family in Brownhills are doing... May 25, 2015
- May 23rd - On my way home, I rode past the JCB plant at... May 25, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- The Model
- Brownhills real ale and cider festival 2015
- Oil, fire and water
- The rise and fall
- Flour power
- Do you remember Brownhills United?
- This won't hurt - Images of St. Matthews Hospital, Burntwood
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust - May public meeting tonight!
- Badgers cull Woodmen
- Free talk on Heritage at Risk tonight!
- 2,325,849 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Facebook turning the passive-agressive wankery up to MAX http://t.co/Jte2ZM6jgw 5 hours ago
- RT @Hardyduncan: Bowie's cover is ok but prefer the Bauhaus original. #ziggy #bbc4 6 hours ago
- RT @TechnicallyRon: My new erotic novel "Love in the time of autocorrect" will be out soon. Here is a sample http://t.co/MiwRZjSZfC 6 hours ago
- Blimey. @TheStymaster will smile at this whatdotheyknow.com/request/conten… 6 hours ago
- The Model wp.me/pvAxA-6uH via @brownhillsbob 6 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Joni Mitchell – Raised on Robbery
- Joni Mitchell – Just Like This Train
- Joni Mitchell – Down to You
- Joni Mitchell – Car on a Hill
- Joni Mitchell – Same Situation
- Joni Mitchell – People's Parties
- Joni Mitchell – Free Man In Paris
- Joni Mitchell – Help Me
- Joni Mitchell – Court and Spark
- Vince Guaraldi – Sursum Corda And Sanctus - Live
No upcoming events
Category Archives: Just plain daft
The case Inn at Newtown, Brownhills seems to be enjoying a bit of a renaissance of late after a few years in the doldrums – now with lots going on, this popular community pub on the A5 Watling Street near the Chase Road junction has got a real buzz about it.
Sandfields Pumping Station champion and public historian extraordinaire Dave Moore has been in touch to let me know that tonight (Thursday 28th May 2015) there is a public progress meeting for the Lichfield Waterworks Trust charity, formerly the Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station group.
Well, Bank Holiday Monday is upon us, and that means that it’s Lichfield Bower Day in Ye Olde City – I was sent this promo from Stuart Jakeman, and with folks often looking here for stuff to do, I thought I’d give it a plug.
Sue Arnold, losing parliamentary candidate for Walsall South would like to graciously thank the residents there for all the votes, and isn’t bitter at all that sitting MP Valerie Vaz increased her majority – some could read Sue’s thank you message as a dire warning that they’ve made the wrong decision, but I’m sure that’s an unfortunate ambiguity.
Continue reading →
It’s been a long night – it’s now 5:30am – late for even me – and I’m off for a kip – it’s been a tough night for lefties, but I was pleased to see David Winnick hold onto his seat in Walsall North, which saw a very harsh campaign.
Continue reading →
Look, I’ll not beat around the bush – it’s general and local elections today and you can’t possibly have missed this fact – It’s been one of the nastiest, most closely fought campaigns in my living memory, and very probably represents the end of two party politics in the UK as we know it.
A couple of days ago, I featured here the curious case of the missing dog poo bin just behind Chandlers Keep near the canal in Brownhills – local dog walkers were unhappy at the disappearance of the well used disposal point.