Because you’re free to read this blog
- January 30th - These images don’t look much, but click on... January 31, 2015
- January 30th - A long day. Out early, the commute was odd. I... January 31, 2015
- January 29th - I rode home in a heavy, but short snow shower,... January 30, 2015
- January 29th - I love goats, and it seems we have a local herd... January 30, 2015
- January 28th - And this is the thing with Darlaston - it takes... January 29, 2015
- January 28th - Bit of a rough photograph, for some reason, and I... January 29, 2015
- January 27th - Heading back to Brownhills, dusk now getting... January 28, 2015
- January 27th - It’s been over a year since I reported the... January 28, 2015
- January 26th - In the centre of Darlaston, at the other end of... January 27, 2015
- January 26th - Passing through Kings Hill in Darlaston whilst... January 27, 2015
- January 25th - This had turned into Lloyd Cole’s lost... January 26, 2015
- January 24th - Despite the gradual shift to white LED lights,... January 26, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- April 1992 - Diamonds are Forever for Local Pair
- In the Middle
- Be alert - Vehicle vandalism incidents in Shire Oak
- Snow blind
- Party like its... 1998?
- Walsall Wood Tesco Express to close
- Motorbike stolen from Brownhills last Thursday - can you help?
- A message of thanks from Brian Stringer...
- Polished oak
- Manchester angel
- 2,041,505 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @rantinrobin: On this day 1919, 60,000 demonsrated in George Sq for a shorter working week & conds.The British govt.sent in tanks! http:… 47 minutes ago
- er, no snopes.com/photos/medical… >> RT @DanielGennaoui: Ku Klux Klan member saved in an Alabama hospital. #notoracism http://t.co/74ip7eMuU5 53 minutes ago
- RT @wyrleyblog: Thomas merrylees, charles cope, frank linney, john powell, mary slater, william haycock, remembered. Walsall zeppelin raid… 57 minutes ago
- RT @arogozinska: Having a brilliant time at The White Lion pub with Owen Gray, proper multicultural crowd, true Caldmore! http://t.co/2Fg2Y… 1 hour ago
- come on people, @saveburntwood needs followers! 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Steve Reich – Drumming: Part I
- Steve Reich – 6 Marimbas (after 6 Pianos)
- Steve Reich – Clapping Music
- Steve Reich – Variations for Vibes, Pianos and Strings: III. Fast
- Steve Reich – Variations for Vibes, Pianos and Strings: II. Slow
- Steve Reich – Variations for Vibes, Pianos and Strings: I. Fast
- Steve Reich – Music for Pieces of Wood
- Steve Reich – Nagoya Marimbas
- Steve Reich – Radio Rewrite: V. Fast
- Steve Reich – Radio Rewrite: IV. Slow
No upcoming events
Category Archives: It makes me mad!
Hey people – local lad Ash Evsy has posted the following request on Facebook – please be on the lookout for a stolen Yamaha Aerox 100cc motorbike, taken from Brownhills at around 3:00 am on Thursday, 29th January 2015.
Continue reading →
Just in case you haven’t seen it (you must have done by now, surely), the Tesco Express at Streets Corner, Walsall Wood is to close for good on March 15th 2015, as part of a closure program that will see 43 stores close across the country.
A reader living in the Commonside/Friezland Lane area of Shire Oak has been in touch with me asking to share with readers that he had his van windscreen smashed by vandals this evening (28th January 2015) at about 8:35pm as the van was parked outside his house.
Readers may recall that last July, there was a violent assault when two men burst into a house in Mill Road, Brownhills, and violently attacked the householder – the two attackers have just been sentenced to 10 years in jail for the attack.
Readers with long memories may well recall that in December 2014 there was some furore over the selection of the next Conservative Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Aldridge Brownhills following the standing down of Richard Shepherd, who’s retiring from his 36 year tenure at the next general election.
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ll probably realise by now that Brownhills is the subject of some media controversy at the moment – a story emerging here via the Express & Star and syndicated out to the wider daily papers has caused outrage and recrimination.
Hi folks – I’m getting a lot of search hits for Christmas bin collection arrangements in the borough of Walsall, and thought I’d feature the bin calendar again for those that seem concerned about when the guys in orange will come and collect their rubbish.