Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 3rd - Further on, and caught in a very grey moment,... September 4, 2015
- September 3rd - I took to the canal on the way home, and... September 4, 2015
- September 2nd - As I squelched past Jockey Meadows, I stopped to... September 4, 2015
- September 2nd - Like most people, I’m holding out for an Indian... September 4, 2015
- September 1st - And when I say frenetic, I mean frenetic. Look... September 2, 2015
- September 1st - Today, for the first time in ages, I had to go... September 2, 2015
- August 31st - I rode out via Canwell and Middleton to Middleton... September 1, 2015
- August 31st - Couldn’t stay in on August Bank Holiday Monday,... August 31, 2015
- August 30th - This time of year is mostly about fruits, and this... August 31, 2015
- August 30th - A grey day, but I needed a ride. It’s been a few... August 31, 2015
- August 29th - My apologies to the toad-phobics, but I had to... August 30, 2015
- August 29th - A late rove around Brownhills and I just missed... August 30, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Warning - Ogley Road partially closed at High Street junction from next Monday
- Rare bike stolen from Aldridge - police issue more CCTV images
- Flytipping morons strike again
- One little Spark is all it takes...
- Rare bike stolen from Aldridge - please keep an eye out
- Major road closes this Sunday for 7 weeks: be prepared
- Get your music fix at the Chase Inn tonight and all weekend...
- Upcoming road closures in Brownhills
- What's this stuff about, then?
- Marching on
- 2,573,938 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @MrsStephenFry: Time to accept our very fortunate position in the world and welcome these refugees. With disproportionate wealth comes h… 2 hours ago
- RT @Peter_Barker: Just realised it's the Abbots Bromley Horn Dance on Monday. (Monday after the first Sunday after the 4th September) Hope … 2 hours ago
- RT @LibyaLiberty: For the record,I dont find being called a "Jew" offensive.Either way,I'm using a lot of hand gestures,saying 'khkhkh' a l… 2 hours ago
- RT @LibyaLiberty: exhibit A: http://t.co/ZIpnknpYrZ 2 hours ago
- RT @LibyaLiberty: My refugee tweeting has brought out the trolls the way Best Buy brings out the crazy shoppers on Black Friday. 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers September 7, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 14, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 21, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Category Archives: Interesting photos
I’m sad to say hotspots in Brownhills and Aldridge – as well as across the area – are still being blighted by flytippers, often clearly working on a commercial scale – flytipping is a public menace, harms the environment, can be a danger to people and wildlife and costs a lot of money to clean up.
Continue reading →
In the current economic and political climate, good news on public and community services is thin on the ground – so I was very happy to receive news of a wonderful followup to story I featured early this year.
Continue reading →
The live music and good times at Chase Inn at Newtown, Brownhills continue – and this week there’s a change from the usual schedule with live music this evening, Friday 4th September 2015 from rock covers band ‘Fire’, starting 8pm.
West Midlands Police have this morning issued a statement about the bike theft from the Shell Petrol Station in Northgate, Aldridge featured here yesterday, together with more detail and further images of the suspect and vehicle.
This is important folks – from next Monday (7th September 2015) Ogley Road at it’s junction with High Street, Brownhills just by the old Warreners Arms will be partially closed for gas main works.
Continue reading →
Can I please ask readers to be on the lookout for the above Santa Cruz Nomad bike, stolen from the Shell petrol station on Northgate at around 5:45pm on Thursday, 20th August 2015?
Long term readers will no doubt remember the fascinating and remarkable story of Arthur Burton, a local Great War hero, whose story was told by David Evans and Desmond Burton in the early days of this blog.
Continue reading →