Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 2nd - I cycled home in steady, warm rain - but the... July 2, 2015
- July 2nd - In Darlaston, a gentle precipitation; sweet-smelling,... July 2, 2015
- July 1st - Also on the canal, near Bentley Mill Way, flowering... July 2, 2015
- July 1st - The Pleck swans were cool in the heat this morning,... July 2, 2015
- June 30th - Looking almost frosted on the warmest day of the... July 1, 2015
- June 30th - There’s a Matt Smith fan in Darlaston - what else... July 1, 2015
- June 29th - Intrigued and saddened to see the Four Crosses pub... June 30, 2015
- June 29th - I’m loving the orchids this year - they seem to have... June 29, 2015
- faz0la: I saw this friendly chap in the garden of a cottage I... June 29, 2015
- faz0la: My post morning jog view. June 29, 2015
- June 28th - Later in the day, I had to run into Aldridge on an... June 29, 2015
- June 28th - Feeling better, and a trundle to Brownhills... June 29, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- It's all kicking off in Lichfield!
- Does anyone know where Spring Nob is?
- Cars in the park - On now and tomorrow
- No longer up the creek - Millfield School's canoe returned!
- Sports equipment stolen from Millfield School
- Rosie's walk and festival tomorrow!
- On now - 2015 Walsall Wood Family Fit 'n' Fun Day
- July 1995 - Brownhills Carnival
- 2015 Walsall Wood Family Fit 'n' Fun Day this Saturday
- Aldridge Cinema - come see The Lego Movie this afternoon!
- 2,416,605 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- 'Coomon People' thread about travellers: the bastardisation of the English language is astonishing, let alone some of the crap being posted 6 minutes ago
- 30k PA is 'rich' now? >> RT @SkyNews: Crackdown On Rich Council House Tenants news.sky.com/story/1513430/… 11 minutes ago
- RT @CrimePrev: If you live in the Hill Top area of West Brom fire crews advise you keep windows shut due to a large fire #Sandwell http://t… 12 minutes ago
- RT @WardEndFire: Crews at a flat fire in Humber Tower. Substantial kitchen fire. Crews working very hard to put it out. All persons account… 21 minutes ago
- The album ends. 'Right, bedtime.' Aunty holds out her hand, wee one takes it in resignantion. She looks at me 'put it on repaet next time!' 26 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Strollers July 6, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers July 13, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers July 20, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Category Archives: Interesting photos
To continue the rash of parish notices, tomorrow (Sunday 5th July 2015) sees the Rosie’s Charity Walk and Festival in aid of the wonderful Rosie’s Helping Hands Charity – I’m sure readers know the story of how the charity started, and now in the fourteenth year, this event raises a whole lot of cash for local good causes and proves that good things really can come from tragedy.
Continue reading →
The revival of the Chase Inn at Newtown, Brownhills continues apace – there’s not only great ale and a warm, welcoming atmosphere, but great live music most weekends, too – this Saturday (4th July 2015) at 7:30pm you can catch Electric Soup with support from Black Light Secret and in the afternoon slot on Sunday (5th July 2015) highly rated band Going Diablo play from 4-7pm.
Sorry folks, very busy and hanging on by the seat of my pants here – but right now and tomorrow as part of Festival Weekend in Lichfield, it’s the Cars in the Park event at Beacon Park, Lichfield. Continue reading →
It’s a busy old time in Lichfield over the next few days, with The Lichfield Waterworks Trust having a stall at the Lichfield Festival Market this Saturday (4th July 2015), and Kate Cardigan’s informal Lichfield history group, Lichfield Discovered holding an informal monthly pub meeting on Tuseday evening (7th July 2015).
Sadly, the sun didn’t make it along until late in the day, but even without the sunshine it was a great event – Brownhills Canalside Festival was back for 2015 – and with Brian Stringer at the helm, it was a a great event and a fun thing for the local community.
Details of this year’s Brownhills Canal Festival taking place today (Sunday 28th June 2015) at Silver Street in Brownhills have kindly been supplied by The Clayhanger Kid himself, Brian Stringer – it’s always a good event and last year was better than ever!
I’m hearing that today (Friday 26th June 2015), some bin collections were missed in Brownhills, Walsall Wood and Shelfield, apparently due to a truck breakdown – these things happen.