Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 1st - Also on the canal, near Bentley Mill Way, flowering... July 2, 2015
- July 1st - The Pleck swans were cool in the heat this morning,... July 2, 2015
- June 30th - Looking almost frosted on the warmest day of the... July 1, 2015
- June 30th - There’s a Matt Smith fan in Darlaston - what else... July 1, 2015
- June 29th - Intrigued and saddened to see the Four Crosses pub... June 30, 2015
- June 29th - I’m loving the orchids this year - they seem to have... June 29, 2015
- faz0la: I saw this friendly chap in the garden of a cottage I... June 29, 2015
- faz0la: My post morning jog view. June 29, 2015
- June 28th - Later in the day, I had to run into Aldridge on an... June 29, 2015
- June 28th - Feeling better, and a trundle to Brownhills... June 29, 2015
- June 27th - Spotted by the canalside, growing from the... June 29, 2015
- June 27th - I was suffering with both a dodgy stomach and bad... June 29, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- 2015 Walsall Wood Family Fit 'n' Fun Day this Saturday
- The end and the beginning
- Chartered flight
- The Royal Oak, Bullings Heath: Explorations in local history
- A working man
- Get with the programme: Brownhills Carnival 1939
- Catch San Brett live on the radio tonight - live from Brownhills!
- Walsall Wood 1871 Inclosure
- Pictures from the 2015 Brownhills Canalside Festival
- Aldridge Cinema - come see The Lego Movie this afternoon!
- 2,410,878 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- #365daysofbiking Rush hour: ift.tt/1KtpiOE 1 hour ago
- #365daysofbiking Dem feet, tho: ift.tt/1KtpiOC 1 hour ago
- RT @nurse_w_glasses: Good point .. #EqualMarriage http://t.co/SaEnDDN30p 3 hours ago
- RT @urbancyclist: "So ugly it's cute?" polaroidblipfoto.com/entry/20630621… See my new daily photo on #polaroid #blipfoto 3 hours ago
- RT @AwwwwCats: My girlfriend just got a new kitten. She sent me this photo. http://t.co/EwMI6d5ziD 3 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Strollers July 6, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers July 13, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers July 20, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Category Archives: Fun stuff to see and do
Continuing the scans of the Brownhills Gazette – I present issue 70 of the long lost freesheet, from July 1995 for you to peruse and download – I’ve had an incredible response to featuring these long, lost publications here on the blog.
Now that summer is here, the nights have opened out and hopefully the good weather is at last upon us, why not take the family up to Oak Park this Saturday 4th July 2015?
Sadly, the sun didn’t make it along until late in the day, but even without the sunshine it was a great event – Brownhills Canalside Festival was back for 2015 – and with Brian Stringer at the helm, it was a a great event and a fun thing for the local community.
Details of this year’s Brownhills Canal Festival taking place today (Sunday 28th June 2015) at Silver Street in Brownhills have kindly been supplied by The Clayhanger Kid himself, Brian Stringer – it’s always a good event and last year was better than ever!
Periodically here, I muse on the nature of what we do – social, oral and collective local history – and wonder aloud about what makes it work, how to do it and whether we’re doing it right.
Continue reading →
Continuing the scans of the Brownhills Gazette – I present issue 71 of the long lost freesheet, from August 1995 for you to peruse and download – I’ve had an incredible response to featuring these long, lost publications here on the blog.
The revival of the Chase Inn at Newtown, Brownhills continues apace – there’s not only great ale and a warm, welcoming atmosphere, but great live music most weekends, too – this Saturday (27th June 2015) you can catch top rated folk punk rock band The Bleeding Hearts from 9pm, and in the afternoon slot on Sunday (28th June 2015) hillbilly skiffle band The Fabled Finks play from 4-7pm.