Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 15th - Brownhills High Street. Darkness, rain and... December 16, 2014
- December 15th - A spin around the canal up to Pelsall on the way... December 16, 2014
- December 14th - This evening, there was the annual Burntwood... December 15, 2014
- December 14th - Sadly, it seems myxomatosis has found the rabbit... December 15, 2014
- December 14th - Today, I did make it to the supermarket, and... December 15, 2014
- December 13th - An excellent sunset. I needed to pop to... December 15, 2014
- December 13th - The kind of cold, crisp morning that grabs your... December 15, 2014
- December 12th - Tesco, the retail giant, are in trouble. Beset... December 13, 2014
- December 12th - I’ trying a new camera out. It’s got... December 13, 2014
- December 11th - Thoroughly rotten but very necessary journey... December 12, 2014
- December 10th - I hopped onto the cycleway at Pelsall Lane, and... December 11, 2014
- December 10th - Can’t ever remember a winter passing this... December 11, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- What's the Tory?
- The state that we are in
- May 1991 - Walsall Wood Police Boxing Club big success - but will it continue?
- They know what's good for us
- As far distant as the millennium
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- Just look at those haircuts!
- Walsall Wood 1871 Inclosure
- Walsall Wood Councillor Mike Flower to stand down at next election
- The magic of Christmas
- 1,911,527 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @AiDeyM: @BrownhillsBob @abesoddworld @Pheaseylabour LIBDem, putting the spineless shites in Politics. 40 minutes ago
- RT @davidottewell: It isn't just how much you cut that defines your political morality; it's how you cut, too. And in this case the poorest… 1 hour ago
- RT @davidottewell: It's a cut of 1.8% for the AVERAGE council. It's a cut of 5.9% if you live in Liverpool, 6.0% in Birmingham, 5.1% in Man… 1 hour ago
- RT @davidottewell: I dislike the way the government uses 'spending power' as its measure for how much councils do and should get. (1/3) 1 hour ago
- RT @AnnetteRubery: Working with paper hats on. Inevitable. 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Strollers December 22, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Category Archives: Fun stuff to see and do
Continuing the scans of the Brownhills Gazette – I present issue 20 of the long lost freesheet, from May 1991 for you to peruse and download. I’ve had an incredible response to featuring these long, lost publications here on the blog.
Today, I did a deal with Walsall Wood historian and author Clive Roberts – he sent me scans of the above wonderful 1970s photo of a Walsall Wood Football Club team lineup, and said I’d happily point out that Clive’s latest book ‘Snippets of History in and around Walsall Wood’ is still available with new stock now at Egans grocery shop in Brownhills High Street.
Continue reading →
Here’s a further chance to get into the Christmas spirit this evening (Sunday 14th December 2014) – there’s the Annual Burntwood Lantern Parade and a Christmas Fayre being held at Chasewater Innovation Centre.
I have to congratulate the people who worked so hard on Brownhills Christmas Market – I went yesterday, and it was a joy to see Brownhills so busy once more – considering the majority involved were volunteers and on a tight budget, this was an excellent event and I thank you all for your hard work.
Yesterday afternoon, (Saturday, 6th December 2014), Walsall Wood FC entertained Loughborough University at Oak Park, and I think it’s fair to say the Woodmen dominated the students.
Continue reading →
Continuing the scans of the Brownhills Gazette – I present issue 19 of the long lost freesheet, from April 1991 for you to peruse and download. I’ve had an incredible response to featuring these long, lost publications here on the blog.
Well, it’s that time of year again, and yesterday I hopped on the Midland Red went to Birmingham to visit the Christmas Market and enjoy the sights and sounds of the city at Christmas. I love Birmingham as readers will know, … Continue reading →