Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 26th - Around the corner, the new housing development at... May 26, 2015
- May 26th - I had cause to visit Walsall Wood on my way home, on... May 26, 2015
- May 25th - On the Plants Brook/New Hall Valley cycle route NCN... May 26, 2015
- May 25th - I’ve found a little oasis I never realised existed,... May 26, 2015
- madoldbaggage: Spring flowers etc this bank holiday weekend at... May 25, 2015
- May 24th - The wildflowers and blossom are wonderful this year.... May 25, 2015
- May 24th - The Watermead swan family in Brownhills are doing... May 25, 2015
- May 23rd - On my way home, I rode past the JCB plant at... May 25, 2015
- May 23rd - Here’s an odd one. Half way up the hill, on the... May 25, 2015
- May 23rd - I needn’t have worried. The first century of the year... May 25, 2015
- May 22nd - I’d been planning a long ride the following day for a... May 25, 2015
- May 22nd - A quick trip to Lichfield after lunch on a very dull... May 25, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- December 1994 - ￼Is the government really fit to govern?
- It'll soon be time for the 2015 Brownhills Canalside Festival
- Flour power
- Reg Morris - a great Brownhillian
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust - May public meeting tonight!
- Fun activity event for kids on this morning at Brownhills Library
- Spring is on her throne
- Light flight
- Why not visit a local working water mill today?
- The team team of '57
- 2,323,820 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @RedAndBlackSky: @HootayMcBoob Look! Heron breaks into Number 10 telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/… 40 minutes ago
- RT @abeblakeway: Springfield Brewery Wolverhampton. Soon to be redeveloped for The University of Wolverhampton. http://t.co/YdpXQ8EKLh 40 minutes ago
- I'm enjoying Marsall Crenshaw. Bit worried about this. 52 minutes ago
- RT @HaniyahWalter: it was the busta rhymes, it was the wursta rhymes 1 hour ago
- RT @nearlylegal: Interesting & impressive FOI work by @HousingActionSL here on homelessness, PRS discharge & out of borough offers. http://… 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Marshall Crenshaw – I'm Sorry (But So Is Brenda Lee) - Remastered
- Marshall Crenshaw – For Her Love - Remastered
- Marshall Crenshaw – Our Town - Remastered
- Marshall Crenshaw – Whenever You're On My Mind - Remastered
- Marshall Crenshaw – Monday Morning Rock - Remastered
- Marshall Crenshaw – You're My Favorite Waste Of Time - Remastered
- Marshall Crenshaw – Mary Anne - Remastered
- Marshall Crenshaw – Cynical Girl - Remastered
- Marshall Crenshaw – There She Goes Again - Remastered
- Marshall Crenshaw – Someday, Someway - Remastered
No upcoming events
Category Archives: Followups
Last Monday, I popped out on the overcast, grey afternoon and rode to New Hall Mill for their open day – this is the working flour mill reader Alan Dawson recommended to readers last weekend – I’ve fallen in love with this remarkable place.
Continue reading →
Sandfields Pumping Station champion and public historian extraordinaire Dave Moore has been in touch to let me know that tonight (Thursday 28th May 2015) there is a public progress meeting for the Lichfield Waterworks Trust charity, formerly the Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station group.
Here’s a late one just in – if your kids are at a loose end, there’s a fun activity event at Brownhills Library in the Parkview Centre, just by the Miner Island this morning from 10-11am.
</a Continue reading →
Continuing the scans of the Brownhills Gazette – I present issue 63 of the long lost freesheet, from December 1994 for you to peruse and download – I’ve had an incredible response to featuring these long, lost publications here on the blog.
Continue reading →
Details of this year’s Brownhills Canal Festival have kindly been supplied by The Clayhanger Kid himself, Brian Stringer – this yeart it’s Sunday, 28th June 2015.
Here’s a head scratcher from friend of the blog Martin Littler, who’s contributed so much previously to Brownhills Local history – and this time he’s come up with a cracker for a Bank Holiday Monday.
Continue reading →
Here’s a great example of how one post can lead to another via an unexpected tangent – and it’s really rather excellent. Continue reading →