Because you’re free to read this blog
- June 29th - Intrigued and saddened to see the Four Crosses pub... June 30, 2015
- June 29th - I’m loving the orchids this year - they seem to have... June 29, 2015
- faz0la: I saw this friendly chap in the garden of a cottage I... June 29, 2015
- faz0la: My post morning jog view. June 29, 2015
- June 28th - Later in the day, I had to run into Aldridge on an... June 29, 2015
- June 28th - Feeling better, and a trundle to Brownhills... June 29, 2015
- June 27th - Spotted by the canalside, growing from the... June 29, 2015
- June 27th - I was suffering with both a dodgy stomach and bad... June 29, 2015
- June 26th - Back near Lower Stonnal, a noxious assault of a... June 27, 2015
- June 26 - I’ve not had to go to Telford for ages, and was... June 27, 2015
- 25th June - It’s easy to overlook the weeds and commonest... June 25, 2015
- June 25th - People have been asking me why I haven’t featured... June 25, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- 2,408,928 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @abeblakeway: This boat bites #canals http://t.co/YLp5gbQOc2 1 hour ago
- RT @Tomadams11: Driving through brownhills while the Suns out is not something I'd recommend 😳 1 hour ago
- RT @D_Aardvark: @Tringonometry @BrownhillsBob @LondonMidland Hot weather is temporary. Disruption is permanent. I'm glad to see they're tac… 9 hours ago
- See @londonmidland sending out emails warning that they're minimising hot weather during disruption. How's that work? http://t.co/ZZFP1t1Whr 9 hours ago
- One for @thestymaster i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/851712… 9 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
No upcoming events
Category Archives: Followups
Sadly, the sun didn’t make it along until late in the day, but even without the sunshine it was a great event – Brownhills Canalside Festival was back for 2015 – and with Brian Stringer at the helm, it was a a great event and a fun thing for the local community.
Details of this year’s Brownhills Canal Festival taking place today (Sunday 28th June 2015) at Silver Street in Brownhills have kindly been supplied by The Clayhanger Kid himself, Brian Stringer – it’s always a good event and last year was better than ever!
Continuing the scans of the Brownhills Gazette – I present issue 71 of the long lost freesheet, from August 1995 for you to peruse and download – I’ve had an incredible response to featuring these long, lost publications here on the blog.
It’s been a while since the end of the season and we last heard from Bill Shaw or the folks at Walsall Wood Football Club – I can rectify that right now with the following wonderful message from Bill Shaw, who’s written a catch up note, a brief explanation of the start of the season and and is also appealing for help at the club.
Sandfields Pumping Station champion and public historian extraordinaire Dave Moore has been in touch to let me know that tonight (Thursday 25th June 2015) there is a public progress meeting for the Lichfield Waterworks Trust charity, formerly the Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station group.
Continue reading →
The above wonderful outing photograph – thought to be from the mid 1920s has been sent in by reader Pat Wilcox – and I think will be of great interest to John and Paul Anslow, Anne Cross and other followers of that thread.
Continue reading →
A delightful bit of urban mischief in Brownhills has gone semi-viral on local social media – Oh dear me, the jokes write themselves.