Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 30th - Another plant mystery. Are these white currants of... July 30, 2015
- July 30th - Passing through leafy, upmarket Mill Green on the... July 30, 2015
- June 29th - Spotted on the cycleway near Telford station, this... July 29, 2015
- June 29th - Passing through New Street Station early on a sunny,... July 29, 2015
- July 28th - Returning home from Telford, unusually these days, I... July 28, 2015
- July 28th - Called to Telford mid-morning, I hopped on the train... July 28, 2015
- July 27th - It’s the time of year when I dread getting stopped... July 27, 2015
- July 27th - I awoke to a better day. It was warm again and the... July 27, 2015
- July 26th - Everything was wet. Hour after hour of rain.I could... July 26, 2015
- July 26th - In heavy rain, a flotilla of swans. not far from the... July 26, 2015
- July 26th - The latest addition to the local architectural scene... July 26, 2015
- July 25th - I headed to the supermarket in Aldridge late, and a... July 26, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Don't bank on it
- Cockfest starts today!
- Something brewing
- We're going down to Cockfest...
- B&M coming to Aldridge - vacancies now being advertised
- Holland Park fun day this Wednesday - get down there with the kids!
- The Cossacks of Walsall Wood
- The Acropolis cafe shuts; Middle Oak to close and B&M to open in Focus, Aldridge
- Major road closes this Sunday for 7 weeks: be prepared
- October 1995 - Beauty spot reprieved!
- 2,479,385 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @TomHammersley: The caps lock key should be replaced by a "type my primary email address for me" key 37 minutes ago
- RT @persival: Looking for blind iPad users to try new app in beta test. Please forward and retweet. App is to make graphics accessible. /cc… 38 minutes ago
- RT @rey_z: But what does Cat Bin Lady think? I won't vote in the leadership elections until I know what Cat Bin Lady thinks. https://t.co/… 41 minutes ago
- RT @AwwwwCats: Bella loves that it's friday http://t.co/LAbhVxm91G 47 minutes ago
- RT @EnvAgency: #WasteCrime signs to spot #3: more lorries arriving at waste site, especially at odd times: ow.ly/QkZJT http://t.… 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Joni Mitchell – Free Man In Paris
- Joni Mitchell – In France They Kiss on Main Street
- Joni Mitchell – Jericho
- Joni Mitchell – Woodstock
- Joni Mitchell – California
- Joni Mitchell – Chelsea Morning
- Joni Mitchell – Carey
- Joni Mitchell – Big Yellow Taxi
- Joni Mitchell – Help Me
- Joni Mitchell – You Turn Me On I'm A Radio
No upcoming events
Category Archives: Events
Here’s a really, really great thing happening this weekend at Newtown, Brownhills from today (31st July 2015) – a two day festival with proceeds going to the Midlands Air Ambulance Charity featuring music and fun in memory of a much-loved local man who sadly passed away this year.
Continue reading →
Just a quick post to highlight that friend of the blog and queen of the Brownhills Full English San Brett will be live on 2ndcityradio.net tonight (Wednesday 29th July 2015) from 7-9pm – tune in on line at the link below.
Sandfields Pumping Station champion and public historian extraordinaire Dave Moore has been in touch to let me know that this Thursday (30th July 2015) there is a public progress meeting for the Lichfield Waterworks Trust charity, formerly the Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station group.
Summer holidays, eh – kids already driving you mad already – this Wednesday 29th July 2014, between 10:30am and 4:00pm there will be an opportunity to get them off that games console and out into the fresh air with the annual summer fun event at the ever popular Holland Park in Brownhills Continue reading →
Well, you can’t keep a good man down, and never was the adage more true than with Walsall Wood FC’s Bill Shaw, who’s been struggling with a bad chest of late and not been able to catch the matches he’d like.
[caption id="attachment_26132" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Determination[/caption] Continue reading →
It’s always a joy to feature articles here by the wonderful Anslow brothers; over the years John and Paul have contributed so much to our local history knowledge, from everyday but special weddings, to sneaking into fetes and even recalling lost Pelsallian ice ream vendors.
I’ve just noticed via Facebook that there’s a showing of a unique Burntwood Wakes archive film at St. Anne’s Church, Chasetown this afternoon (Saturday, 25th July 2015); showings start every 20 minutes from 1pm until 4pm – it’s free.
Continue reading →