Because you’re free to read this blog
- November 29th - I returned to Brownhills via the cycleway and... December 1, 2015
- November 29th - An early afternoon loop up to Chasewater of a... December 1, 2015
- November 28th - back in Brownhills later that afternoon, during... December 1, 2015
- November 28th - Saturday was a much better day. i had an errand... December 1, 2015
- November 27th - In Telford, the skies westwards were foreboding,... December 1, 2015
- November 27th - Passing through New Street mid day, I was again... December 1, 2015
- November 26th - After the wet, grey and unpleasant morning, it... November 26, 2015
- November 26th - Spotted in a works bike rack, this fine steed. A... November 26, 2015
- November 26th - Yet another wet, miserable commute, and I feel I... November 26, 2015
- November 25th - Another good one for Bob’s big book of bizarre... November 25, 2015
- November 25th - Spotted on a damp Darlaston canal towpath just... November 25, 2015
- November 24th - Working very late, I returned sapped of mental... November 25, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Do you know the Perrett family?
- Due south
- It was different before it all changed
- Walsall Wood get Eaton
- A kindly gentleman...
- The man in the centre
- Details of Shire Oak Pub refurbishment now available
- St, Matthews Hospital - can you help?
- Can't see The Wood for the trees
- What's this stuff about, then?
- 2,791,446 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Due south wp.me/pvAxA-5iG via @brownhillsbob 7 hours ago
- RT @berniethoughts: I DON'T CONDONE THE BREEDING OF CORGIS THERE IS NO TELLING HOW LONG THEY WILL GROW 8 hours ago
- RT @urbancyclist: "The Future's Bright...." polaroidblipfoto.com/entry/21181412… See my new daily photo on #polaroid #blipfoto 8 hours ago
- RT @StarrOutlook: BBC News - Abandoned cats overwhelm Coventry charity bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan… 8 hours ago
- RT @RealYamYamBloke: Gud luck to Dean Smiff. Yow cor blayim a bloke for troyin ta better imself. Did a bostin job at @WFCOfficial 8 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers December 7, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers December 14, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers December 21, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Category Archives: cycling
Today, I made a decision – it’s been a hard couple of weeks at work, and yesterday was a gorgeous ride into Lichfield, so when I saw the wonderful weather I decided to abandon the stuff I’d planned today, and went up on the Chase for a blast in the unseasonably warm weather.
Christine Howles from the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust has contacted me to tell me she’s after your vote – no, she’s not standing for election, but the Trust is applying for a community grant and could really do with readers voting for them in the next week or so.
Today (20th September 2015) I got chance to go to the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust’s Heritage Gathering at Huddlesford, near Whittington.
It’s a big weekend for the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust who are staging their Heritage Gathering which takes place this Saturday and Sunday (18-19th September 2015) at their canalside Huddlesford base, near Lichfield.
This is just a quick note to warn people given to exploring the open spaces of the area that the deer population are getting amorous – it’s rutting time for our large brown friends, and that means one thing: the heaths around Brownhills, Clayhanger, Pelsall and Chasewater in particular are likely to be host to rather grumpy, aggressive stags guarding their female harems.
New Hall Mill is open again this Sunday (13th September 2015) for their History Day and I can heartily recommend the place – It’s fascinating and I had a great time there on Spring Bank Holiday Monday – not enough people know about this wonderful building. Continue reading →
Bike thieves seem to be gearing up apace at the moment, and fellow local blogger and tech whizz behind Lichfield Live, Philip John had his Scott Scale 730 (picture above) stolen from his garage in Lichfield on Wednesday night/Thursday morning 9-10 September 2015.