Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 26th - Around the corner, the new housing development at... May 26, 2015
- May 26th - I had cause to visit Walsall Wood on my way home, on... May 26, 2015
- May 25th - On the Plants Brook/New Hall Valley cycle route NCN... May 26, 2015
- May 25th - I’ve found a little oasis I never realised existed,... May 26, 2015
- madoldbaggage: Spring flowers etc this bank holiday weekend at... May 25, 2015
- May 24th - The wildflowers and blossom are wonderful this year.... May 25, 2015
- May 24th - The Watermead swan family in Brownhills are doing... May 25, 2015
- May 23rd - On my way home, I rode past the JCB plant at... May 25, 2015
- May 23rd - Here’s an odd one. Half way up the hill, on the... May 25, 2015
- May 23rd - I needn’t have worried. The first century of the year... May 25, 2015
- May 22nd - I’d been planning a long ride the following day for a... May 25, 2015
- May 22nd - A quick trip to Lichfield after lunch on a very dull... May 25, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Reg Morris - a great Brownhillian
- Spring is on her throne
- It'll soon be time for the 2015 Brownhills Canalside Festival
- The team team of '57
- December 1994 - ￼Is the government really fit to govern?
- Bogus caller cons OAP in Shire Oak
- October 1994 - ￼Vandalism Strikes Again!
- By George, he's got it!
- Why not visit a local working water mill today?
- Great news - missing Walsall teenager found safe and well
- 2,321,626 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Odd to see Valerie Vaz awake too 7 minutes ago
- Chris Pincher MP looks like the kind of bloke who knocks your door trying to flog double glazing 7 minutes ago
- RT @thestymaster: Simple Productivity piglet-net.net/pigblog/?p=2898 (@danslee ) 2 hours ago
- RT @murraygw: Despite Tory manifesto promises, today there was nothing in the #QueensSpeech to tackle tax dodging independent.co.uk/news/uk/politi… #M… 2 hours ago
- RT @WalsallLibrary: Brownhills Library #Springbankholiday Fun activities for children. Thurs 28th May.10-11am. Tel: 01922 650730 #Walsall h… 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Neil Halstead – High Hopes
- Neil Halstead – Dreamed I Saw Soldiers
- Neil Halstead – Sleeping on Roads
- Neil Halstead – Martha’s Mantra (For the Pain)
- Neil Halstead – See You on Rooftops
- Neil Halstead – Hi-Lo and Inbetween
- Neil Halstead – Driving with Bert
- Neil Halstead – Two Stones In My Pocket
- Neil Halstead – Seasons
- Neil Halstead – The Finer Points Of Flying
No upcoming events
Category Archives: Clayhanger stuff
Continuing the scans of the Brownhills Gazette – I present issue 63 of the long lost freesheet, from December 1994 for you to peruse and download – I’ve had an incredible response to featuring these long, lost publications here on the blog.
Continue reading →
Details of this year’s Brownhills Canal Festival have kindly been supplied by The Clayhanger Kid himself, Brian Stringer – this yeart it’s Sunday, 28th June 2015.
Yet another report reaches me regarding bogus tradesmen calling on the elderly and attempting to coerce them into handing money over for bout and unneeded services.
Continuing the scans of the Brownhills Gazette – I present issue 61 of the long lost freesheet, from October 1994 for you to peruse and download. I’ve had an incredible response to featuring these long, lost publications here on the blog.
A great enquiry reaches me from Florida, USA the home of Brownhills lad Andrew Richards, who emigrated there in 1990 – when Andy lived here, he played for Brownhills United and has written a wonderful piece requesting information on this lost local team.
Continue reading →
This afternoon at 2:30pm (Saturday 23rd May 2015), Aldridge Cinema are showing family feelgood film Big Hero 6. – it’s just £4 a ticket and normal popcorn and drinks are only 50p.
Continue reading →
Heres an excellent thing for kids going on this Saturday, drawn to my attention by Walsall Wood Scout Leader Lee Bragginton – a chance to take your kids along to try out scouting for free, taking place this Saturday 23rd May 2015 at Shire Oak Academy from 10am until 12pm.