Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 27th - It was a clear, bright moonlit night and I had an... August 28, 2015
- August 27th - Returning to Brownhills that evening, I stopped to... August 28, 2015
- August 26th - I think I was a bit previous on the acorn thing.I... August 28, 2015
- August 26th - Returning late in a glorious golden hour, I... August 28, 2015
- August 25th - Although it was a grey, miserable morning, the... August 25, 2015
- August 25th - The land at the bottom of Bentley Mill Way, wedged... August 25, 2015
- August 24th - A remarkable sunset struck when I was travelling... August 25, 2015
- August 24th - Fruits of all kinds from berries, to nuts to... August 25, 2015
- August 23rd - On my way to a friend’s house in the evening, I... August 24, 2015
- August 23rd - Caught in heavy rains at Cannock Chase, I headed... August 24, 2015
- August 22nd - A day of unexpected jobs and delayed activity, I... August 24, 2015
- August 21st - It was a grey, damp Friday afternoon, and it felt... August 24, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Heritage Gathering coming soon!
- December 1989 - Shopkeepers angry about the neglect of Silver Court
- Going Back
- Ticket to ride
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust - August public meeting this evening
- Please beware - another indecent exposure incident reported
- Major road closes this Sunday for 7 weeks: be prepared
- Good news - a new food store for Walsall Wood
- Aldridge, The Great War - A post from Linda Mason
- 2,558,900 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Pelsall planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @GeorgiaLocock: Latest blog: Thanks Mr Gibb but nature is important - georgiaswildlifewatch.wordpress.com/2015/08/27/tha… 4 hours ago
- RT @paradisecircus: So we hear. http://t.co/4ZikCFjCaR 4 hours ago
- RT @tweetypye23: Cleaning out cat litter makes me feel like a shit archeologist. 4 hours ago
- Me and the little pickle: making stuff FTW 4 hours ago
- RT @Buster3640: Playing train bingo! http://t.co/UKBY4FafAc 5 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers August 31, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 7, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 14, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Category Archives: Chasewater
I’ve had a very credible message from a Brownhills resident who very nearly had their pet dog stolen oven the weekend, and warns readers to beware of tatters and door-to-door handymen.
Having trouble keeping up this weekend, I really am – but if you’re quick, there’s a fun dog show in aid of the RSPCA at Chasewater and it’s on now (Sunday, 9th August 2015), so get down there!
I’ve just noticed via Facebook that there’s a showing of a unique Burntwood Wakes archive film at St. Anne’s Church, Chasetown this afternoon (Saturday, 25th July 2015); showings start every 20 minutes from 1pm until 4pm – it’s free.
Continue reading →
Fancy doing some voluntary work for the Lichfield Scrap Barn shop at Chasewater Innovation Centre – friend of the blog and top Phoenix Hospital Radio DJ Lucy Wood has dropped me a line to let me know that they have some great positions available.
Just a quick heads up that this Sunday (19th July 2015), there’s to be a Summer Fair at Chasewater – it runs from 12 noon until 4pm and features a variety of craft and food stalls for all to enjoy – this is at the same time as the Powerboat Grand Prix is running too, so there will be plenty to see and do.
Continue reading →
An appeal reaches me via Facebook from Clair Gillon, who yesterday morning (Friday 17th July 2015) found a Staffie dog roaming loose Brownhills Common – the adorable, friendly dog was taken to Warren House vets at Ogley Hay.
I’ll be perfectly honest here – I know very little about this, but for those that do, this is apparently quite a weekend for the powerboat community as Saturday and Sunday see the PowerBoatGP 2015 Chasewater Grand Prix at our favourite reservoir and country park.