Because you’re free to read this blog
- January 30th - These images don’t look much, but click on... January 31, 2015
- January 30th - A long day. Out early, the commute was odd. I... January 31, 2015
- January 29th - I rode home in a heavy, but short snow shower,... January 30, 2015
- January 29th - I love goats, and it seems we have a local herd... January 30, 2015
- January 28th - And this is the thing with Darlaston - it takes... January 29, 2015
- January 28th - Bit of a rough photograph, for some reason, and I... January 29, 2015
- January 27th - Heading back to Brownhills, dusk now getting... January 28, 2015
- January 27th - It’s been over a year since I reported the... January 28, 2015
- January 26th - In the centre of Darlaston, at the other end of... January 27, 2015
- January 26th - Passing through Kings Hill in Darlaston whilst... January 27, 2015
- January 25th - This had turned into Lloyd Cole’s lost... January 26, 2015
- January 24th - Despite the gradual shift to white LED lights,... January 26, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- April 1992 - Diamonds are Forever for Local Pair
- In the Middle
- Be alert - Vehicle vandalism incidents in Shire Oak
- Motorbike stolen from Brownhills last Thursday - can you help?
- Snow blind
- Party like its... 1998?
- Walsall Wood Tesco Express to close
- A message of thanks from Brian Stringer...
- Polished oak
- Manchester angel
- 2,041,680 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @wyrleyblog: 12.30 am, 1916... the L19 bombs Walsall. The crew all die a slow death the same night. War....... Nobody wins... When will … 5 hours ago
- RT @thepunningman: I HAD THE TIME OF MY LIFE AND I NEVER FELT THIS WAY BEFORE http://t.co/POeUOOrOX3 5 hours ago
- RT @acgrayling: 'Churches oppose three-person babies.' Odd: that's standard Church maths: wasn't Jesus both a three-person baby and a baby … 5 hours ago
- RT @rantinrobin: On this day 1919, 60,000 demonsrated in George Sq for a shorter working week & conds.The British govt.sent in tanks! http:… 5 hours ago
- er, no snopes.com/photos/medical… >> RT @DanielGennaoui: Ku Klux Klan member saved in an Alabama hospital. #notoracism http://t.co/74ip7eMuU5 6 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Steve Reich – Drumming: II. Part 2
- Steve Reich – Drumming: I. Part 1
- Steve Reich – III. Fast 7:08 - Performed By Bang On A Can
- Steve Reich – II. Slow 3:12 - Performed By Bang On A Can
- Steve Reich – III. Fast 6:56 - Performed By eighth blackbird
- Steve Reich – II. Slow 6:43 - Performed By eighth blackbird
- Steve Reich – I. Fast 8:39 - Performed By eighth blackbird
- Steve Reich – Drumming: Part I
- Steve Reich – 6 Marimbas (after 6 Pianos)
- Steve Reich – Clapping Music
- Chasewater Strollers February 9, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers February 16, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers February 23, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Category Archives: Bad Science
Just in case you haven’t seen it (you must have done by now, surely), the Tesco Express at Streets Corner, Walsall Wood is to close for good on March 15th 2015, as part of a closure program that will see 43 stores close across the country.
Sorry folks – today has been a mess of technical issues, so I’m running late. My apologies, I know a couple are waiting for articles; please bear with me. Cheers Bob
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ll probably realise by now that Brownhills is the subject of some media controversy at the moment – a story emerging here via the Express & Star and syndicated out to the wider daily papers has caused outrage and recrimination.
Hi folks – I’m getting a lot of search hits for Christmas bin collection arrangements in the borough of Walsall, and thought I’d feature the bin calendar again for those that seem concerned about when the guys in orange will come and collect their rubbish.
I’d just like to take this opportunity to wish all the readers, contributors, commenters and supporters of the Brownhills Blog and it’s associated side projects a very merry Christmas, and a healthy, happy, prosperous and peaceful 2015.
Just a quick note – those who come to the blog via WordPress Reader, RSS and other feed-based systems (don’t worry if you don’t know what the hell I’m on about) may currently be experiencing difficulties reading the blog. Don’t … Continue reading →
Heads up folks – here’s one I overlooked, but there’s still time to act as responses to the Sandhills Quarry inclusion in the Staffordshire New Minerals Local Plan closes on Friday 5th December 2014 – but it’s easy to respond online, and you can do it right now.
Continue reading →