Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 20th - Today, today was great. I had a Christmas errand... December 20, 2014
- December 19th - Also on my commute, the gorse (or is it broom?)... December 20, 2014
- December 19th - I don’t know why I think this, but I... December 20, 2014
- December 18th - the weather got progressively worse, and on my... December 18, 2014
- December 18th - a half day, and chance to nip on an errand to... December 18, 2014
- December 17th - At Kings Hill, passing through on an errand, I... December 18, 2014
- December 17th - A better morning - and rather warm, it has to be... December 18, 2014
- December 16th - A grim return. I’d been in Birmingham on a... December 18, 2014
- December 16th - This huge house in Mill Green has been empty for... December 18, 2014
- December 15th - Brownhills High Street. Darkness, rain and... December 16, 2014
- December 15th - A spin around the canal up to Pelsall on the way... December 16, 2014
- December 14th - This evening, there was the annual Burntwood... December 15, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Brownhills High Street Accident - West Midlands Ambulance Service statement
- Road accident in Brownhills High Street
- Pensioner dies following Brownhills collision
- June 1991 - Is the waiting nearly over?
- Well, THAT escalated quickly...
- Police appeal for witnesses to fatal road collision in Walsall Wood
- Road accident in Brownhills now
- A lost line
- The state that we are in
- Car accident in Brownhills on Saturday afternoon
- 1,923,132 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @murf: Fully loaded #shopbybike @IrishCycle http://t.co/YIIPnhiEE1 59 minutes ago
- An uneasy peace @thestymaster i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/840158… 1 hour ago
- RT @SaintDerek68: Echo & the Bunnymen 1978. http://t.co/tetwSGnov2 1 hour ago
- RT @chasewaterstuff: Today Chasewater Railway lost one of its most loyal and conscientious working members. Mick Doman worked for many... h… 2 hours ago
- In honour of the season and day's haul, I am listening to open.spotify.com/album/3hqr2lQ7… 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Strollers December 22, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Category Archives: Bad Science
Just a quick note – those who come to the blog via WordPress Reader, RSS and other feed-based systems (don’t worry if you don’t know what the hell I’m on about) may currently be experiencing difficulties reading the blog. Don’t … Continue reading →
Heads up folks – here’s one I overlooked, but there’s still time to act as responses to the Sandhills Quarry inclusion in the Staffordshire New Minerals Local Plan closes on Friday 5th December 2014 – but it’s easy to respond online, and you can do it right now.
Continue reading →
I’ve long held that if you want to start a revolution in the UK, just disrupt refuse collections, so this is a headsup for everyone in the local area – there’s a new issue of the refuse collection and recycling leaflet out now with a collection calendar, recycling guide and other information.
Continue reading →
This is just a note to flag up a remarkable piece of writing by ex-Walsall resident, blogger and new dad Rich Johnstone, a chap who I’ve always found to be an excellent writer, thoroughly decent human and good online pal.
Continue reading →
Here’s some good news and welcome common sense for those of us who enjoy Chasewater – after being nothing more than a filthy soup of rotting bird faeces, food and feathers for a few months now, Staffordshire County Council have got contractors in to clean out the boating lake.
Continue reading →
There has been a fair amount of dismay and disbelief locally in response to the decision of Barclays Bank to close their branch in Brownhills, which will apparently cease trading on Friday, 24th October 2014.
I’m pleased to see that, in all probability, people power has worked over the issue of the filthy state of the walkways around the boating lake at Chasewater, which this week have been cleaned to a decent standard – you’ll remember that last week, I posted about the disgraceful mess there. Continue reading →