Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 2nd - I will continue to rave about the beauty of... September 3, 2014
- September 2nd - A better commute this morning. The sun was out,... September 3, 2014
- September 1st - And theres the thing. Although I’m sad for... September 3, 2014
- September 1st - It really is coming on autumn now, and... September 3, 2014
- August 31st - ‘Why the long face, mate?’... September 1, 2014
- August 31st - It was a gorgeous afternoon - sunny, warm, with... September 1, 2014
- August 30th - From the top of Shire Oak heading into Rushall, I... August 31, 2014
- August 30th - I don’t go to Shire Oak Park nearly enough.... August 31, 2014
- August 30th - This has me flummoxed, and quite, quite furious to... August 30, 2014
- August 29th - Never seen anything quite like this before. I was... August 30, 2014
- August 28th - Although summer is drawing to a close, some... August 29, 2014
- August 28th - A bit of a strange day. I wasn’t planning on... August 29, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- The teams that meet in caffs...
- Holding on for a hero
- Consultation event in Brownhills this Wednesday!
- In Deed
- Brownhills School Awards Day, November 1988
- Jamey Coleman hit and run - police appeal for further information
- The dirty old town I love
- What's this stuff about, then?
- These are not well-to-do folk...
- Free talk on Heritage at Risk tonight!
- 1,644,591 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @a_girl_irl: Where are the moderate Catholics denouncing the Catholic League the way all Muslims have to denounce ISIS 52 minutes ago
- RT @a_girl_irl: holy shit the Catholic League says it's not child molestation if a child has pubic hair catholicleague.org/new-york-times… 1 hour ago
- RT @WV11: New Event: Wednesfield Ukulele Club dlvr.it/6nvhH0 2 hours ago
- RT @MaraWritesStuff: Going for "bad boys" is bullshit. You won't change him. Want someone who ignores you and is alternately loving and rud… 3 hours ago
- RT @RocketRankoon: Bear Grylls faces his toughest challenge: Surviving on my paycheck. Watch as he eats off brand cereal and has his elect… 3 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Craft & Farmers Market September 7, 2014 at 10:00 am – 3:00 pm Monthly craft & farmers market run by Bohemian Bunty http://br ownhillsbob.com/2014/04/17/new-craft-and-farmers-market-coming-soon-to-chas ewater/ https://www.facebook.com/events/663879640343062
- Chasewater Strollers September 8, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 15, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 22, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Craft & Farmers Market October 5, 2014 at 9:00 am – 2:00 pm Monthly craft & farmers market run by Bohemian Bunty http://br ownhillsbob.com/2014/04/17/new-craft-and-farmers-market-coming-soon-to-chas ewater/ https://www.facebook.com/events/663879640343062
Author Archives: Brownhills Bob
Some time ago, when Brownhills local Councillor Barbara Cassidy very generously donated some excellent images for publication on the blog, there was an extra item David Evans was allowed to handle and photograph, which is a rather astonishing and wonderful artefact.
I’m interested in contact details for a local lady called Brenda Pitt who was very possibly married to John Thomas – I think Brenda was a Brownhills resident originally, but may also have lived in Rushall and/or Aldridge. It is believed she may be resident in the local area still. Continue reading
It’s always a pleasure and delight to feature contributions from Walsall Wood history experts John and Paul Anslow – yesterday they sent me an absolutely remarkable group photo following the wedding of Walter Yates from Walsall Wood to Annie Baker of Stafford in 1910.
Jasmin Fisher has been in touch to ask if I’d let readers know about the above event – a Charity Cricket Game and Barbecue being held at Aldridge Cricket Club at 1:30pm today, Sunday 31st August 2014.