I feel attached to Brum – it’s where I spread my wings as a teenager, and I’ve spent years there, shopping, exploring and having fun. The last two decades have seen so much change there, when I was recently given a copy of Mac Joseph’s book ‘Bull Ring Birmingham in Postcards and Old Photographs’, it brought back a whole bunch of memories. I then remembered I had some self-taken pictures and bits of ephemera of the changes.Although I’m not a Brummie, I feel like one, and I pine for the days when the city showed so much vision and potential. It seemed anything was possible, for a while.
Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 29th - Just near the Post Office on Victoria Road,... October 30, 2014
- October 29th - On the edge of Darlaston’s industrial area... October 30, 2014
- October 28th - Coming into the town centre from the Green, I... October 29, 2014
- October 28th - Autumn seems to be lasting forever this year. The... October 29, 2014
- October 27th - A quieter, and altogether more successful hunter... October 28, 2014
- October 27th - Ah, Mr. Calico… we meet again. This male... October 28, 2014
- October 26th - I popped up to Shire Oak Park on the way back,... October 27, 2014
- October 26th - I went out in the morning in a heavy wind to run... October 27, 2014
- October 25th - The Parade, Brownhills. Just by Holland... October 27, 2014
- October 25th - I spotted them by chance as I shot down Church... October 27, 2014
- October 24th - The sky had cleared when I alighted from the... October 27, 2014
- October 24th - I was in Redditch, which is quite a rarity for me... October 26, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- December 1989 - Shopkeepers angry about the neglect of Silver Court
- A son of The Wood
- Bonfire and fireworks in Brownhills this Saturday!
- Brownhills Bonfire 2014 - can you help with pallets?
- November 1989 - Residents up in arms...
- Something happening at the old Wheel Inn?
- The Royal Oak, Bullings Heath: The last century
- Brownhills Bonfire & Fireworks tonight at Holland Park!
- Woodmen dull Continental Star
- Early doors
- 1,764,168 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @ntlk: Damning review of @samaritans Radar: "an indispensible tool for online abusers" adrianshort.org/samaritans-rad… 18 minutes ago
- That's the hols fucked then twitter.com/ExpressandStar… 21 minutes ago
- RT @moronwatch: .@MikeAR_ There's not much difference in policy between #UKIP and Britain First. More skinheads in BF, is all @MohammedFa15… 22 minutes ago
- RT @edjeff: richard dawkins getting printer advice from some boobs http://t.co/BdW2CqCIe6 35 minutes ago
- RT @PrimlyStable: Good thing that plague of black-eyed ghost children has subsided. Now I just have to worry about all try aggressive homos… 39 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
No upcoming events